Unpopular opinions.

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not everyone likes dancing. Stop trying to get folk involved when they've said they don't like it, and stop thinking that folk who don't enjoy dancing are being some sort of mood killer for not joining in. 

Exactly the sort of thing a mood killer would post.

'Big cock patter'.

What I mean is folk claiming, jokingly or otherwise, to have a huge boaby. Achingly awful patter and suggests that it's someone who hasn't actually had a sexual partner. No woman I know enjoys getting their cervix pounded (and i imagine there's a limit for most guys in terms of penetration). I'm sure some women do (likewise some men), but it seems to be a minority. The whole "I've got a huge penis!" stuff is really cringey anyway.

Also, the majority of us will be of average size, so the inordinate number of folk claiming otherwise have a large percentage of liars.

Likewise, 'small cock patter' is rank stuff. There are plenty of guys who are decent folk with a smaller than average penis (and plenty of them who do just fine with women and/or guys), yet they get lumped in with arseholes who are get the 'small dick energy' insults.

Yes, I know, ^^ has a tiny boaby etc blah blah.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'Big cock patter'.

What I mean is folk claiming, jokingly or otherwise, to have a huge boaby. Achingly awful patter and suggests that it's someone who hasn't actually had a sexual partner. No woman I know enjoys getting their cervix pounded (and i imagine there's a limit for most guys in terms of penetration). I'm sure some women do (likewise some men), but it seems to be a minority. The whole "I've got a huge penis!" stuff is really cringey anyway.

Also, the majority of us will be of average size, so the inordinate number of folk claiming otherwise have a large percentage of liars.

Likewise, 'small cock patter' is rank stuff. There are plenty of guys who are decent folk with a smaller than average penis (and plenty of them who do just fine with women and/or guys), yet they get lumped in with arseholes who are get the 'small dick energy' insults.

Go to bed mate. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

'Big cock patter'.

^^^ Average sized boaby patter

On 16/05/2024 at 22:04, Hedgecutter said:

After the last D Day veteran dies, we should file it under the 'let's teach it, not specifically honour it out and about' category.

There'll inevitably come a time where it'll be seen as a significant historical event along the lines of the Battle of Trafalgar which we don't have any form of 'remembrance' for (not that I'm directly comparing the two), so why not get to that point sooner rather than later to prevent it becoming little more than a "get it right up the Germans" point-scoring exercise. It probably resonates with the boomers who's family probably had some involvement, but those heartstrings become harder to pull when it involves people's great grandparents.

My personal view is that the British have an unhealthy obsession about WW2 (almost as a tribalistic ritual), and a general Remembrance Day is more than enough.

Your  kind wouldn't last 5 minutes.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

'Big cock patter'.

Women can be cruel, m9. We understand.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Reminds me of this poll I set up a wee while back:

Screenshot_20240519-085728.thumb.png.be4d6d953f530f4365413af0fcbd8143.png

29 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Reminds me of this poll I set up a wee while back:

Screenshot_20240519-085728.thumb.png.be4d6d953f530f4365413af0fcbd8143.png

I consider myself below average intelligence. I think it's because all the blood that should be going to my brain gets diverted somewhere else...

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I consider myself below average intelligence. I think it's because all the blood that should be going to my brain gets diverted somewhere else...

Popular opinions thread for this pish.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Your  kind wouldn't last 5 minutes.

The "Me" Generation boomers would have coined the term 'Stop The Boats' 75 years early.

ETA: my grandfather didn't 'last' 5 mins.  The only reason I'm here to post this is because he was 'lucky' enough to have a large telecom backpack which took a whole lot of shrapnel on the beach.  I completely understand why his generation and their immediate family see it as a huge relevance, but I think people need to have at least been able to have a conversation with the relevant people if they want to participate in any recurring 'top-up' event. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 16/05/2024 at 21:04, Hedgecutter said:

After the last D Day veteran dies, we should file it under the 'let's teach it, not specifically honour it out and about' category.

There'll inevitably come a time where it'll be seen as a significant historical event along the lines of the Battle of Trafalgar which we don't have any form of 'remembrance' for (not that I'm directly comparing the two), so why not get to that point sooner rather than later to prevent it becoming little more than a "get it right up the Germans" point-scoring exercise. It probably resonates with the boomers who's family probably had some involvement, but those heartstrings become harder to pull when it involves people's great grandparents.

My personal view is that the British have an unhealthy obsession about WW2 (almost as a tribalistic ritual), and a general Remembrance Day is more than enough.

It’s not really unhealthy? It’s just respectful!

My personal family situation is one grandpa gassed by the Germans and had permanent problems, my grandpa on the other side was Clydebank born and in the shipyards so he and 3 brothers joined the merchant navy, only he survived the war. 

So yes there will come a time that it will become just history but that will definitely require another generation 

6 minutes ago, Clangers said:

It’s not really unhealthy? It’s just respectful!

This is indeed what is should be about, and was about. It's not really the case any more though, is it. Instead, it's more about celebrating "our finest hour" in a time where the British have little else to be proud about (more like the Dons' infatuation with Gothenburg '83, on steroids).  As a result, all that's happening is that it's being cheapened more and more, year on year.  In many cases it's little more than a break from Shark Hunters or Ancient Aliens.

One of the worst examples is the all too common thoughtless phrase "one world cup & two world wars", rife through all generations Down South as a "get it right up you" as if the English were the all conquering force with a little help from some* friends.  

*only 16 million Americans and >34 million Soviets, vs 8.5 million from the British Empire (about quarter of which were brought in from the colonies).

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This is indeed what is should be about, and was about. It's not really the case any more though, is it. Instead, it's more about celebrating "our finest hour" in a time where the British have little else to be proud about (more like the Dons' infatuation with Gothenburg '83, on steroids).  As a result, all that's happening is that it's being cheapened more and more, year on year.  In many cases it's little more than a break from Shark Hunters or Ancient Aliens.

One of the worst examples is the all too common thoughtless phrase "one world cup & two world wars", rife through all generations Down South as a "get it right up you" as if the English were the all conquering force with a little help from some* friends.  

*only 16 million Americans and >34 million Soviets, vs 8.5 million from the British Empire (about quarter of which were brought in from the colonies).

It speaks volumes that the "respect" has skyrocketed as more and more of the generations actually involved have died.

A cynic would suggest that it's more about their descendants trying to bask in the "glory" without their parents and grandparents around to slap them back into their place.

Posted (edited)

this all reminds me of this rather bizarre intervention during sex case Max Clifford’s trial.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/26/max-clifford-penis-lawyer-court

Imagine training as a criminal lawyer, all the time imaging the good you could do, the cases you get and you find yourself holding forth about the size of some lying celeb’s cock.

Edited by ICTChris