Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Regarding the BC AC (sounds like I could get a band name out of that some hoe........anyway) debate. I knew a lassie at university (tried and failed so I have no sense of guilt here) who though AM was "All Morning"; PM was "Past Morning" and AD was "After Dinner"

Think she was "studying" sociology

My mother went to see 12 Years A Slave at the pictures and when describing the film to me I asked her, 'So how long was he held as a slave for then?'. Her reply: 'Oh, I dunno, probably about 15 years.'

:mellow:

Was watching the masters with the Mrs on Sunday night when she asked me where it was held this year?

Eh only the same place as its held every fvckin year.

To be fair, if you don't watch golf that's not exactly that shocking. I'd imagine a large number of people have probably never heard of Augusta.

Was watching the masters with the Mrs on Sunday night when she asked me where it was held this year?

Not that shocking. Its the only 1 of the majors to be held in the same place every year.

Snap. Couldn't tell you where the hell it's played. Would have had a stab that it was in some furniture shop, surely people need a chair to fall back onto if they are watching the most boring sport in the world! Would watch 5 cricket test's before I watched one day of Golf :ph34r:

Snap. Couldn't tell you where the hell it's played. Would have had a stab that it was in some furniture shop, surely people need a chair to fall back onto if they are watching the most boring sport in the world! Would watch 5 cricket test's before I watched one day of Golf :ph34r:

Steady on. Golf is pretty boring but it can't compare to cricket in terms of how uttely mind numbingly tedious and shite it is.

Steady on. Golf is pretty boring but it can't compare to cricket in terms of how uttely mind numbingly tedious and shite it is.

Agreed. Any sport that stops for tea and dinner, lasts 5 days and can still end up in a draw, is a sport for rotters.

I thought you were talking about the snooker until I saw the other comments! :1eye

Mrs Mozza saw that there had been an earthquake in the Solomon Islands the other day.

"Where's that" she asked.

"In the Pacific Ocean, east of Australia as far as i know" I said.

"Pacific Ocean? Where's that?" she asks.

"The biggest Ocean in the whole world, kind of the whole east coast of North and South America" I says.

"Ah ok, so the one on the other side is the Atlantic Sea then" she says.

I left the room.

Did you leave the room because you meant to say the whole West coast of North and South America?

Re the golf thing; if I was asked where it was held I would have idea either as I'm not a golf fan.

Seriously?

Augusta....Green Jacket n all that, not a single clue? Even if you are not a golf fan you couldnt avoid the adverts on Sky for it the were on at every break.

Maybe I am over critical about my good lady.

Seriously?

Augusta....Green Jacket n all that, not a single clue? Even if you are not a golf fan you couldnt avoid the adverts on Sky for it the were on at every break.

Well I don't have Sky so I usually miss these adverts. But, similarly, I'm sure there are birds out there on forums squawking stuff like "My boyf is so clueless he doesn't even know what TOWIE stands for".

After reading this and from my own experiences to I have to say that girls are totally shite at Geography, this, in my opinion is down to them not liking football, if I hadnt spent so much time on FIFA or Champ Man or watching football I have to admit I doubt I would know where anywhere was either... got to let them off a wee bit. :P

Posted it on here before on some topic im sure but the one I always remember is...

Me: Buzzing to go down to Wembley for the Scotland game.

Her: Is that in London yeah?

Me: Aye

Her: Alright why are you going there?

Me: To watch Scotland?

Her: Do you not mean Andy Murray?

Me: eh?

Her: Well Andy Murray plays at Wembley not Scotland, and why are you even going there when you dont like tennis??? (angry at this point thinking I was pretending to like tennis to get a few nights out or something, f**k knows)

I let this carry on for a bit because it was just brilliant watching how pissed off she was thinking I was pretending to like Tennis for a few nights out in London. ^_^

She obviously meant Wimbledon if that is not obvious enough. :1eye

Seriously?

Nah I don't have Sky so wouldn't have seen the adverts. I tend to channel hop when adverts on are on anyway. Can't stand them.

I have heard of Augusta, but didn't know the Masters was played there every year. In fact I didn't know the Masters was played every year.

Do they not give green jackets out at every tourney?

I can name Augusta, Whistling Straits, Pebble Beach. That's about it. Couldn't begin to tell you what tournaments are played where.

Not quite sure what you mean by that Shuggie?

Every Masters tournament (which btw is held at Augusta National each year) the winner is awarded a green jacket