E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Could be a wrong time issue with Virgin?

It is the only page I get a "get me out of here warning" on because of an expired certificate if I put a new battery in the phone and try and load a page before it gets the time set.

The wifi on my iphone 4s is broken. Wifi will not even switch on in the settings app. Any tips?

Heat it up with a hairdryer, ideally untill you get a temperature overheating warning, let it cool down then try your wifi.

What's better?

Amazon firestick or Google chromecast

Got both. Slightly different functions really.

Chromecast as the name suggests is mainly for casting stuff from a tablet/computer.

The firestick has it's own memory built in so you can install apps and play stuff directly without a tablet.

Although the firestick is very much geared to Amazon stuff it is possible to sideload other stuff on to it although the remote doesn't work every non Amazon app.

Fitted a 16GB memory card to my Samsung Galaxy S5 a few weeks back because my apps wouldn't update saying insufficient storage. Still getting the same message and apps not updating?

Do you actually have the apps/pics etc stored on the SD card? You can do it manually, going through all the individual app settings, but its easier to get an app - search for "app to sd" or something like that.

Also, check your camera settings and make sure its saving images to the SD card and not the internal memory

Do you actually have the apps/pics etc stored on the SD card? You can do it manually, going through all the individual app settings, but its easier to get an app - search for "app to sd" or something like that.

Also, check your camera settings and make sure its saving images to the SD card and not the internal memory

Moved as many as it would allow one by one. Needed a couple of restarts then updated half then insufficient storage again. After another restart the rest updated. One of the app to SD apps just replicated the storage manager. What a carry on!!

I'm sure there used to be a pinned thread on this but can't see it any more.

What are the best free virus checkers / spyware removers etc going at the moment. I use malwarebytes, is that ok and what else should I be using?

The pinned thread got hopelessly out of date

There was a recent thread on the subject though, here - Microsoft Security Essentials is, apparently, pretty hopeless now.

Bear in mind that you're asking different questions. Anti virus programmes arent the same as spywre removers, nor are they the same as firewalls and real-time protection programmes. Ideally, you want something with RT, firewall and AV combined. I've just started using BitDefender. Its not free but is easy to use and test well in protection scores. There are other free ones that will do an acceptable job though

I'm sure there used to be a pinned thread on this but can't see it any more.

What are the best free virus checkers / spyware removers etc going at the moment. I use malwarebytes, is that ok and what else should I be using?

Best free antivirus http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus

Best online scanner http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

Got both. Slightly different functions really.

Chromecast as the name suggests is mainly for casting stuff from a tablet/computer.

The firestick has it's own memory built in so you can install apps and play stuff directly without a tablet.

Although the firestick is very much geared to Amazon stuff it is possible to sideload other stuff on to it although the remote doesn't work every non Amazon app.

Get a ROKU instead. Better than both put together.

Please help! Brought my ps4 home with me for Christmas as I'm staying at my grans bit (losing my VL with some lassie you don't Ken)

I brought everything except the plug. What can I buy to replace this?

Please help! Brought my ps4 home with me for Christmas as I'm staying at my grans bit (losing my VL with some lassie you don't Ken)

I brought everything except the plug. What can I buy to replace this?

Nick the one off her dialysis machine and shove her wires straight into the nearest socket. Should be fine.