E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Doesnt look like it. Something to do with the sheer volume of frequencies etc - you're basically trying to do the same job as a tv transmitter.

Are you sure thats what you need though? Could you not hook up an AV transmitter to the BT box at one end and the tv at the other?

I'm not sure X.

I've got a TV upstairs that has built in Freeview, but it only finds channels if it is hooked up to an outside aerial.

When I fired up the BT YouView box I (wrongly) thought that it would take all its channels from its Broadband connection - however when I done the first time channel find, it came up with nada because it wasn't hooked up to an outside aerial.

Having 'Green Screen' issues when trying to watch a video. Youtube generally remains unscathed but videos on BBC Sport or FB are all suffering from 'Green Screen'. I have the most up to date version of Java and with Windows 8, Adobe is working fine. Any clue on how to solve this? Could obviously provide more info if needed. I'm using IE if that helps any.

I'm not sure X.

I've got a TV upstairs that has built in Freeview, but it only finds channels if it is hooked up to an outside aerial.

When I fired up the BT YouView box I (wrongly) thought that it would take all its channels from its Broadband connection - however when I done the first time channel find, it came up with nada because it wasn't hooked up to an outside aerial.

As I said, you could run a cable from the aerial point to where the tv is, and put the BT box there

Or, you could plug the BT box into the existing aerial point and use an AV wireless transmitter/receiver to send the signal to the TV.

Having 'Green Screen' issues when trying to watch a video. Youtube generally remains unscathed but videos on BBC Sport or FB are all suffering from 'Green Screen'. I have the most up to date version of Java and with Windows 8, Adobe is working fine. Any clue on how to solve this? Could obviously provide more info if needed. I'm using IE if that helps any.

Dont

HTH :)

You being serious? I worry about the condensation that could get into it etc, i put it on the john so i can watch netflix when bathing but if its gonna do internal damage i don't want to do it anymore

throbber....laptop....while aherm 'bathing'...aye right:lol:

I'm in the market for a new laptop and in all honesty I seem to have lost track of what to look for, going by the stuff I've looked at so far. I mostly just use it for the internet in all honesty, but I do stream a good amount of TV./films and hate waiting for buffering. I also would like scope for FM etc if I so desired.

Basically, what should I be looking for?

I'm in the market for a new laptop and in all honesty I seem to have lost track of what to look for, going by the stuff I've looked at so far. I mostly just use it for the internet in all honesty, but I do stream a good amount of TV./films and hate waiting for buffering. I also would like scope for FM etc if I so desired.

Basically, what should I be looking for?

Streaming has more to do with your internet connection, most basic laptops will stream without any issues if you have a decent internet connection. Best thing to do is set a budget and then look at the stuff that falls into your price bracket.

Ludo *1, on 06 Sept 2014 - 15:26, said:

Still having this issue. Downloaded Firefox but videos aren't playing at all on that. As I said, on IE, Youtube videos work perfectly fine. Everything else is hit with a green screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Moving into a new flat in Edinburgh at the weekend and I'm looking around for a decent internet service. Needs to be reasonably fast and have no limits - but also not be too expensive. TV in the bundle isn't too important. What would you guys recommend?

Moving into a new flat in Edinburgh at the weekend and I'm looking around for a decent internet service. Needs to be reasonably fast and have no limits - but also not be too expensive. TV in the bundle isn't too important. What would you guys recommend?

Steal a neighbours unsecured wifi.

Stick your old drive in a caddy then download getdatabackntfs and install and register it

Connect the caddy and run getdataback, select your old drive and just follow instructions.

Only select your profile folder and any folders you have created for recovery as you don't need all the other stuff.

if your drive doesn't show pup it in a freezer bag and leave it in the freezer overnight then then try again. Sounds daft but this trick has worked for decades

What are EE like, as a network? I'm wondering RE coverage mostly.

My 12 month sim only deal with Vodafone is up soon and I'm not overly impressed with what they have on offer. EE look to be offering much better for my money.

My 12 month sim only deal with Vodafone is up soon and I'm not overly impressed with what they have on offer. EE look to be offering much better for my money.

my missus is on EE with an iphone 5s, signal for the most part is good according to her although there are times where it seems to drop completely with no indication and she needs to turn the phone off and on again

but with regards to 3g etc she says its really good

Ive been with T-Mobile/EE since Christ was a boy and id say its pretty good. Having said that the signal in my work is non existant whereas the Vodafone users have a great service. The only place in the world i cant get a signal.....and Arran.