E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I have a macbook and a brand new TV and was wondering what the best way to be able to connect to the TV when watching SkyGo?

In Curry's the adaptors were about 30 quid but i can see ones on amazon for 5 although they might be shite.. People tell me i can probably do it via wireless as well but no idea how to go about doing that

I have a macbook and a brand new TV and was wondering what the best way to be able to connect to the TV when watching SkyGo?

In Curry's the adaptors were about 30 quid but i can see ones on amazon for 5 although they might be shite.. People tell me i can probably do it via wireless as well but no idea how to go about doing that

Check if your TV has AirPlay

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I have a belkin thunderbolt to hdmi cable - cost about £30, but also use it for work so was able to claim it back!

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but I have a belkin thunderbolt to hdmi cable - cost about £30, but also use it for work so was able to claim it back!

I couldn't find out if my TV had airplay or not, ordered a wee adaptor for 5 quid off amazon when my mrs was ordering something else so see if it will do. Not sure how good the picture will be transferring a macbook retina display to the TV but will just wait and see

That doesnt really do what he asked though. That will provide alternate streams rather than access to the Sky and BT apps.

To be honest, setting up Kodi is probably harder than a VPN

So why edit out the rest of my post where I linked to an alternative VPN setup for his Sky go??

The Kodi reference was just to highlight the alternatives that are out there.

Edited by vip3r

Kid A has a new tv that doesn't like playing netflix when it's hooked up to the laptop via HDMI. Doing a bit of reading on this suggests it's an HDCP issue, would an HDMI splitter work around this? Or is there any other work around, or not?

Cheers folks...

I'm trying to watch the football on Virgin Anywhere on my computer. Sky sports is fine as it takes you to an external site but BT is showing this box but no picture or sound after i click the play button.

16lahiu.jpg

Any advice?

Edited by Central

I'm trying to watch the football on Virgin Anywhere on my computer. Sky sports is fine as it takes you to an external site but BT is showing this box but no picture or sound after i click the play button.

16lahiu.jpg

Any advice?

Try updating flash player?

Got a message from FB saying someone tried to log into my FB and gave an IP address. Is there a way of locating exactly or roughly where the attempt was made using this? It said it was from near Drumchapel (I'm from EK) so it probably isn't just a dodgy location setting.

Edited by Marsh

Got a message from FB saying someone tried to log into my FB and gave an IP address. Is there a way of locating exactly or roughly where the attempt was made using this? It said it was from near Drumchapel (I'm from EK) so it probably isn't just a dodgy location setting.

If you've got the ip address you can use a site like this but it will probably give you the same info. It will tell you what network the IP is on but not an exact location

If you've got the ip address you can use a site like this but it will probably give you the same info. It will tell you what network the IP is on but not an exact location

Nice one, cheers. From what it looks like, there's every chance it was me! :lol:

Anyone backed up phone contacts to iCloud? Backed them up to my current iPhone but ordering a new one so wondering if I just need to sign in to iCloud on the new one and the contacts will be there?

You'll log on to the same iCloud account, so they will still be there if you've saved them to iCloud.

Check by going to settings> iCloud> contacts and making sure it's turned on.

Edited by Savage Henry