E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I want to use my phone as a sat nav with Google maps, however I can't set my phone to never sleep as the longest it permits is 30 minutes. Google maps will sleep between instructions to save battery. My question is when Google maps wakes up with a new instruction will my phone wake up too or will it treat the app like everything else and let it run in the background?

I want to use my phone as a sat nav with Google maps, however I can't set my phone to never sleep as the longest it permits is 30 minutes. Google maps will sleep between instructions to save battery. My question is when Google maps wakes up with a new instruction will my phone wake up too or will it treat the app like everything else and let it run in the background?

Try here maps, believe now available on android. Works a treat

So.... installed latest IE to get SkyGo back and I can now do stuff on here as normal before.

WTF is the point of Windows 10 and Edge?

Typical Microsoft, until the first service pack is released, what you have in reality is a beta release. Although with the new way which windows 10 is to receive updates there might not be a SP for it. Just consider it a work in progress.

Typical Microsoft, until the first service pack is released, what you have in reality is a beta release. Although with the new way which windows 10 is to receive updates there might not be a SP for it. Just consider it a work in progress.

Preferring Chrome now anyway and just using IE for Skygo.

Buying a new laptop can be quite traumatic.......well for me anyway.

I dont think thats really the issue here. The issue is that MS are dropping Silverlight, so Edge doesnt support it.

Its really up to Sky, and others, to switch over to a supported platform

Asked this before but still stumped......what is the easiest way to access SkyGo and BT Sport on Google Nexus 7 while abroad? Tried Tunnel Bear before but couldn't work it out and gave up.

Download Kodi (see the android tv box thread)

eta Have you tried cyberghost? http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/1400485/how-to-watch-uk-tv-abroad-sky-go-iplayer-and-more-for-free

Edited by vip3r