E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

A lot of web pages have started appearing in HTML/plain text only on Chrome on my laptop. Usually reloading sorts it out, but not always. I have javascript enabled and Chrome is up to date. No problem on IE. I've tried deleting cookies etc and switched it on and off. Any ideas?

Use Firefox.

A lot of web pages have started appearing in HTML/plain text only on Chrome on my laptop. Usually reloading sorts it out, but not always. I have javascript enabled and Chrome is up to date. No problem on IE. I've tried deleting cookies etc and switched it on and off. Any ideas?

This is one of those faults where there is a number of things that could cause this. Firstly, if you havent already, try dissabling all addons and see how you go, if everything works fine, re-enable your addons 1 at a time to see what one is playing up.

Oh, and yeah, +1 for Firefox :)

This is one of those faults where there is a number of things that could cause this. Firstly, if you havent already, try dissabling all addons and see how you go, if everything works fine, re-enable your addons 1 at a time to see what one is playing up.

Oh, and yeah, +1 for Firefox :)

Cheers. In Chrome terms are addons the same as extensions?

Going to Mexico next month and would like to have access to SkyGo and BT sport and BBC etc on Google Nexus 7 tablet. Tried online search but conflicting advice has me confused. Any advice would be appreciated...

Use a UK based proxy server when abroad to view UK only content.

I dont think SkyGo will work with just a proxy. Probably need a VPN

Ah !, there is also the possibility your password and username get high-jacked as well through open proxy servers. :(

so is there an app or is it a bit more complicated?

I did a bit of web research, yer fucked old chap. :lol:

What I did find is this, it's called hola and it's a free VPN. https://hola.org/

I'll most likely never use it but do some research and here is the google search page for you to further whether or not you'd like to use it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk+based+proxy+servers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=LG81VaSzF8WM7Aa2g4HwBA#q=hola+vpn

I just bought a new handset that needs a micro sim and my existing sim card is a bloomin' normal sized one.

Will Three give me a free micro sim if I go to a Three store? I'd phone them and ask but their phonelines closed literally two minutes before I realised :thumbsdown

They will want you to use their product so I don't see why not! We transfer numbers between different SIM cards at work all the time. They'll just need your number and the IMEI of the new SIM.

Probably not recommended but I've managed to cut full size SIMs down to micro size with a normal pair of scissors before.

They will want you to use their product so I don't see why not! We transfer numbers between different SIM cards at work all the time. They'll just need your number and the IMEI of the new SIM.

Probably not recommended but I've managed to cut full size SIMs down to micro size with a normal pair of scissors before.

Couldn't you just use cloning software to clone the normal sized SIM onto the micro sized SIM card ?

Thanks guys ill give Hola a go.

I understood Tunnelbear had a download limit.

tunnelbear has a download limit but for 1.25 a month subscription you get unlimited, download it, sign up for 1.25 and cancel subscription (no cancel period or anything) when you get back home

Tunnelbear is one of the best and easiest VPN's ive used, had it for successive samsung galaxy phones now