E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Anyone got any answer to this? I might have to decide this afternoon. wunfellaff's suggestion doesn't work cause I don't have a phone with internet out here.

I can also cut out the film streaming entirely by the way, if it means my Skype time can be kept as it is.

What do you mean you dont have a phone with internet? You dont get a signal or you have a basic old-style phone?

Basic old style phone with standard pay as you go sim card!

According to Skypes help page it uses 600kbps (kilobytes per second) for video calls. That equates to about 7Gb of data, using it for an hour a day for a month (if Ive picked the right conversion!)

That wouldnt leave you a whole lot to play with

According to Skypes help page it uses 600kbps (kilobytes per second) for video calls. That equates to about 7Gb of data, using it for an hour a day for a month (if Ive picked the right conversion!)

That wouldnt leave you a whole lot to play with

Sorted - that's HQ video too it seems, and the distance I am away from those I'm calling cuts the quality considerably. Just found another bit on the website that says 300kbps for standard video calling which is great!

Cheers!

Who do you talk to for an hour a day on Skype? I doubt I speak to the wife for as long as that!!

Sorry, didn't see this post... I talk to various people back home and abroad! This includes my girlfriend, all sorts of family, and various friends all over Europe (quite a few of us are doing a year abroad at the minute so it's handy for catching up). I know what you mean though, back home I can easily go days without speaking to some of these people. :lol:

Edited by Zanetti

I'm going to America tomorrow for a two week holiday with the family there. However the last time I was there I found out when I got back that I had a bill for £220 for the use of my Blackberry. I think this was due to the fact that I didnt turn Roaming off.

So aswell as turning roaming off is there anything else I can do to make sure I dont get a massive bill when I come back and does roaming being off actually prevent me from doing anything? The main use of my blackberry would be to browse the likes of twitter,facebook and pie and bovril and also use Blackberry messanger.

Cheers in advance

I'm going to America tomorrow for a two week holiday with the family there. However the last time I was there I found out when I got back that I had a bill for £220 for the use of my Blackberry. I think this was due to the fact that I didnt turn Roaming off.

So aswell as turning roaming off is there anything else I can do to make sure I dont get a massive bill when I come back and does roaming being off actually prevent me from doing anything? The main use of my blackberry would be to browse the likes of twitter,facebook and pie and bovril and also use Blackberry messanger.

Cheers in advance

Make sure you disable the 3g etc when you are not actively using it.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Anyway, not sure if this is the right place as I will put in the Forum Support also but:

I cant login to P&B on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2). I put in the correct user name and password and it does the buffering thingy saying login successful but then up comes the forum list as normal but im not logged in. Is it my browser on the phone (stock browser)? Ive tried it on Firefox and Dolphin but the same thing happens.

Im ok on my PC and iPad.

anything to do with your phone cookie settings maybe?

If I have, for example, 20 quid sitting in my itunes AppleID account and purchase a 69p app from the app store will my debit card be debited for 69p or will my account balance be reduced to £19.31?

Edited by H Wragg

If I have, for example, 20 quid sitting in my itunes AppleID account and purchase a 69p app from the app store will my debit card be debited for 69p or will my account balance be reduced to £19.31?

I'm pretty sure your balance will be reduced before it would try to take it from a card.

Can anyone help me out with this?

My internet goes through periods where it won't connect to websites, it will just sit refreshing over and over again for ages, or fail to connect completely. The speed is fine as when it's working, browsing is smooth and fast and my Xbox and Mobile devices work fine also. I've tried every single browser I can think of and also tried constantly deleting temp files and cookies, constantly clearing the cache, disabling Norton or switching it off altogether, defragging my drive a couple of times and removing programs I don't use and I just can't fix it.

Is there a trusted program I can download and run to try and find what the problem is here?

Edited by cityfan

Can anyone help me out with this?

My internet goes through periods where it won't connect to websites, it will just sit refreshing over and over again for ages, or fail to connect completely. The speed is fine as when it's working, browsing is smooth and fast and my Xbox and Mobile devices work fine also. I've tried every single browser I can think of and also tried constantly deleting temp files and cookies, constantly clearing the cache, disabling Norton or switching it off altogether, defragging my drive a couple of times and removing programs I don't use and I just can't fix it.

Is there a trusted program I can download and run to try and find what the problem is here?

Anyone?

Internet won't work at all any more, can only use it while running the "safe mode with networking" option on start up

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to sign onto xbox live but it says the xbox live terms of use have changed and I need my parent (Was my cousin who set up account for me) to aceept them. It asks for a password but I've phoned him and he says he cant remember what it was. Anything I can do to fix the situation?

Just tried to sign onto xbox live but it says the xbox live terms of use have changed and I need my parent (Was my cousin who set up account for me) to aceept them. It asks for a password but I've phoned him and he says he cant remember what it was. Anything I can do to fix the situation?

Problem resolved