E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I want to do a system restore (Windows 7), whenever I have did this before it has allowed me to choose upto 6 months beforehand. My brother has downloaded an app on my computer which has downloaded two extensions to my google chrome browser which simply won't uninstall at all.

I have tried to go to the system restore before it was installed (20/12/2013) but my laptop will only let me go back to the 01/01/2014. Previously I have had no bother with this until now, is there any way I can set it before the plug ins where installed or am I fucked?

I haven't had much success with system restore on W7, and hate to point out the obvious, but have you tried googling how to uninstall the extensions in question?

I want to do a system restore (Windows 7), whenever I have did this before it has allowed me to choose upto 6 months beforehand. My brother has downloaded an app on my computer which has downloaded two extensions to my google chrome browser which simply won't uninstall at all.

I have tried to go to the system restore before it was installed (20/12/2013) but my laptop will only let me go back to the 01/01/2014. Previously I have had no bother with this until now, is there any way I can set it before the plug ins where installed or am I fucked?

I might be stating the obvious here so apologies if I am, but did you tick the check-box which says "show more restore points"?

post-39650-0-85472700-1391125752_thumb.j

I use Google Chrome and Google was always the search engine. This has since changed without me making any changes myself and it's now Bing when I open a new tab. I really, really don't want Bing. Is there any way I can change it back?

I use Google Chrome and Google was always the search engine. This has since changed without me making any changes myself and it's now Bing when I open a new tab. I really, really don't want Bing. Is there any way I can change it back?

go into the chrome settings and under the search part change your search engine to google

Hello there,

I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that has a lot of worksheets. The tabs for each of the worksheets is along the bottom of the spreadsheet(as per the default setting).

Is there anyway to move the tabs for the worksheets(the bit you would click on to view it) to the side of the computer screen so they were in a list rather than a row of tabs?

Cheers

Hello there,

I have a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that has a lot of worksheets. The tabs for each of the worksheets is along the bottom of the spreadsheet(as per the default setting).

Is there anyway to move the tabs for the worksheets(the bit you would click on to view it) to the side of the computer screen so they were in a list rather than a row of tabs?

Cheers

Don't know if it's any good to you or not SLJ, but if you right click on any of the arrows that are slightly to the left of the sheet tabs, it will bring up a pop up vertical list of all the sheets in the workbook.

Hello there,

Cheers

You could use this macro to give a popup box with the tabs in it.

Code:

Sub ChooseSheet()

Dim ws As Worksheet

Application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").ShowPopup

Set ws = ActiveSheet

End Sub

Don't know if it's any good to you or not SLJ, but if you right click on any of the arrows that are slightly to the left of the sheet tabs, it will bring up a pop up vertical list of all the sheets in the workbook.

Excellent. It's better than the current method!

You could use this macro to give a popup box with the tabs in it.

Code:

Sub ChooseSheet()

Dim ws As Worksheet

Application.CommandBars("Workbook Tabs").ShowPopup

Set ws = ActiveSheet

End Sub

Where would I put this marco?

Presuming you have a newer version with the ribbons

- click on the Developer Tab

- click Visual Basic

- right click on VBAProject > choose Insert > Module

- copy and paste the code into the box

- close the visual basic window.

To run it, in the Developer Tab, click "Macros" and you should see "Choose Sheet" in the list. There are probably ways to set it to run with a keyboard shortcut or something but this will at least get you started

Presuming you have a newer version with the ribbons

- click on the Developer Tab

- click Visual Basic

- right click on VBAProject > choose Insert > Module

- copy and paste the code into the box

- close the visual basic window.

To run it, in the Developer Tab, click "Macros" and you should see "Choose Sheet" in the list. There are probably ways to set it to run with a keyboard shortcut or something but this will at least get you started

^^this,

You may need to go via settings and add developer tab to ribbon first.

And for those unaware double clicking the ribbon name ( insert etc) shrinks the ribbon to one line.

I bought a samsung galaxy s2 just over a year ago from the o2 shop, it wasnt on contract and was bought outright. Should it be unlocked to any network? I done a check online and it said it was however the guy i sold it to cant get his vodafone sim to work on it.

My Samsung Galaxy 3 does now not want to connect to BT WIFI through the App. It will on the broadband in the house, but elsewhere no. Even though it says excellent signal . It then says it is too slow. Anybody help. I have read that an update may be the cause. So I was thinking of restoring factory settings.

I'm due an upgrade at the end if March, probably gonna get an iphone 5s, am I more than likely to get a much better deal than what's online and in store or do you think because of the phone it'll probably just be the same? I'm with 3 and this is my first contract with them so not like I'm a loyal customer who's been with them for years