E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Ideally it would be a programme I ran from my PC. I'm not quite at the tinfoil hat stage, but I'm not massively keen on sharing my data with 3rd parties unless completely necessary. Plus I don't need to share these pictures with anyone else I use Facebook etc. for the ones that I do, it's more just for me to be able to manage them better myself.

Ideally it would be a programme I ran from my PC. I'm not quite at the tinfoil hat stage, but I'm not massively keen on sharing my data with 3rd parties unless completely necessary. Plus I don't need to share these pictures with anyone else I use Facebook etc. for the ones that I do, it's more just for me to be able to manage them better myself.

In that case, start with Picasa and see if that does what you want

Istockphoto will allow you to store as many images as you like as long as you only upload a max of 999 per week.

These images become publicly available though which obviously isn't really what you want but anyone who wants to use the images has to pay you for them.

I bought my parents, who are in their 70s a Samsung TV for their Christmas and have set it up already.

Is there a way of forcing the input to hdmi 1 where the sky box is connected when the TV is turned on?

Appreciate it's 3 touches of a button to select it but if they don't have to do it then it makes life easier.

I have a Sony Xperia Z3, running Android v4.4.4. I've set up the default email app with my personal email details and all is fine but when I remove an email from the server (by using Outlook on my laptop) and then refresh the email app on the phone the email remains on the phone. When I used my old Galaxy S2 the email would disappear because it no longer existed on the server.

Is there a setting on my Xperia Z3 that I'm missing or is this 'not removing emails from your phone until you delete them' feature new for v4.4.4? Hope that makes some sense!

I bought my parents, who are in their 70s a Samsung TV for their Christmas and have set it up already.

Is there a way of forcing the input to hdmi 1 where the sky box is connected when the TV is turned on?

Appreciate it's 3 touches of a button to select it but if they don't have to do it then it makes life easier.

Couple of replies here http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570029 might help

Never had a Samsung tv but my bravia didn't have option. My new bush does and the old lg reverted to last.

I have a Sony Xperia Z3, running Android v4.4.4. I've set up the default email app with my personal email details and all is fine but when I remove an email from the server (by using Outlook on my laptop) and then refresh the email app on the phone the email remains on the phone. When I used my old Galaxy S2 the email would disappear because it no longer existed on the server.

Is there a setting on my Xperia Z3 that I'm missing or is this 'not removing emails from your phone until you delete them' feature new for v4.4.4? Hope that makes some sense!

What kind of email account is it? POP, IMAP, Exchange?

That'll be why then. The phone has downloaded the emails, so deleting them from the server still leaves a copy on your phone. Pop is rubbish if your checking mail in different places.

Aha, I see. Thanks.

Aha, I see. Thanks.

Have a look at Gmail. Should work better on Android - obviously - but you can also fetch emails from other accounts. That way you could keep the email address you've got but have the emails go into a Gmail inbox.

Alternatively, look into office 365. It's closer to an exchange type email but it's probably not going to be free

Is there such a thing as an iTunes-esque library programme out there for digital images? I've got about 5GB worth of photos saved to my hard drive taken on various cameras and mobiles over the years. At present they are just organised in folders within 'My Pictures' (Holiday 2012, Christmas 2009 etc.) I'd quite like to have them all in one place with information such date taken showing to allow me to sort them out a bit.

Anyone any suggestions?

I would suggest the first thing you might want to do is back your photos to a flash drive, (just got a 128gb one for £24) and sort your photo's from there.

I know that Adobe Lightroom is probably the sort of program that would do the job for you but that is the best part of £100 ! :o Picasa is great for editing and will also show the technical info about the photo, including date etc.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S3 is acting weird. When the battery goes down to a single digit percentage and I plug in the charger it charges from that level. However, when it goes completely flat and switches itself off and then I connect the charger it starts anywhere between 40 to 60% charge!! What's going on??

My 2 year old Samsung Galaxy S3 is acting weird. When the battery goes down to a single digit percentage and I plug in the charger it charges from that level. However, when it goes completely flat and switches itself off and then I connect the charger it starts anywhere between 40 to 60% charge!! What's going on??

Mine did that. It was a complete shiter of a phone and started doing it after about a year. Within a couple of months it just stopped working completely. I had to chuck it in the end and replace it.

I would suggest the first thing you might want to do is back your photos to a flash drive, (just got a 128gb one for £24) and sort your photo's from there.

I know that Adobe Lightroom is probably the sort of program that would do the job for you but that is the best part of £100 ! :o Picasa is great for editing and will also show the technical info about the photo, including date etc.

All the photos will be backed up already. Lightroom is much more advanced than my requirements, and as mentioned in my original post I have no need to upload any to the cloud.

It looks like Picasa is going to do the job although I've not had a proper play about with it yet. I stupidly allowed it to search my whole computer not just the My Pictures folder so it imported all the album artwork from my iTunes. I'm midway through removing all of those before I start sorting my own.

I have a Lenovo Z500 idea pad and ever since I installed windows 8.1 about 2-3 months ago the screen brightness has gone to the minimum and I can't increase it. Been searching high and wide online but none of the solutions people are posting arn't working. My video drivers are all up to date and I tried rolling them back but no joy. Any help much appreciated.