E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Got a message from FB saying someone tried to log into my FB and gave an IP address. Is there a way of locating exactly or roughly where the attempt was made using this? It said it was from near Drumchapel (I'm from EK) so it probably isn't just a dodgy location setting.

If you've got the ip address you can use a site like this but it will probably give you the same info. It will tell you what network the IP is on but not an exact location

If you've got the ip address you can use a site like this but it will probably give you the same info. It will tell you what network the IP is on but not an exact location

Nice one, cheers. From what it looks like, there's every chance it was me! :lol:

Anyone backed up phone contacts to iCloud? Backed them up to my current iPhone but ordering a new one so wondering if I just need to sign in to iCloud on the new one and the contacts will be there?

You'll log on to the same iCloud account, so they will still be there if you've saved them to iCloud.

Check by going to settings> iCloud> contacts and making sure it's turned on.

Edited by Savage Henry

The second round Scottish Cup draw is getting streamed live on Periscope at 2 pm, so I downloaded the app. Do you find the feed just by waiting for it to appear on the map of Glasgow? Can't see another way of searching for it.

P.S. Never mind, I'll probably never use it anyway. Didn't need it to watch the draw.

Edited by welshbairn

The second round Scottish Cup draw is getting streamed live on Periscope at 2 pm, so I downloaded the app. Do you find the feed just by waiting for it to appear on the map of Glasgow? Can't see another way of searching for it.

P.S. Never mind, I'll probably never use it anyway. Didn't need to it to watch the draw.

If you signed up with your Twitter account you'll get notifications when anyone you're following is broadcasting. Otherwise you can search for and follow individual accounts to achieve the same

Don't know if this is a quick question but.....Mrs Boo has been fannying about with my new laptop(Windows 10) and has somehow set herself up as administrator so on switching on it comes up with her name, email address and password giving access to my previous settings. I've added myself as another user(!!) but have no settings or favourites and can't be arsed going through all that again. I've had a search but can't find a way to reverse this. Prior to her meddling it would come up with my first name and no password was required.

Have a look at Settings > accounts. See if you can set the name back to you and in "sign in" options set it back to local account thus removing her email

After the reset it just starts with 'user' with no password required apparently with no administrator/named user like before she started fiddling. Cheers though;)

Have got a new smart TV and it turns itself off. Usually this happens within a couple of minutes of the TV going on but quite often it will just go off willy nilly. Has anyone eve experienced this with a new TV? Before someone says about maybe the setting maybe being to go off after a certain time if theres no activity it is set to go off after 4 hours so it won't be that, plus the turning off seems to be at irregular intervals. Sometimes it goes off then when it comes back on it is much louder than before.

Someone is standing outside your window with a one4all remote.

Tried system restore then the bugger wouldn't restart so had to do a reset.....grrrrrrr

In continuation of the foregoing......now it wont install Silverlight on Internet Explorer to watch SkyGo. Extraction failed access denied!!!!!! Double grrrrrr