May 2011 Election

xbl

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Being different" is certainly not inconsistent with that which could be accommodated very neatly within a fully federal structure.

Sadly the English don't seem to be keen on that. I guess that only really leaves one option.

True, but I'd be interested to see what proprotion of the SNP vote is an anti-Labour, and especially an anti-LibDem vote. I would welcome an independence referendum early within this parliament but I don't think Eck would go for that.

Anyway, Labour - lol!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McAskill is having a stormer of a speech! I've never heard him sound so powerful!

I was too busy listening to Salmond take the pish out of Milliband and Balls. :(

Bit of a relief that my vote wouldn't have changed the outcome in Glasgow Anniesland (SNP unexpectedly winning by 7). Hopefully my vote will have helped save a Lib Dem deposit...

The Lib Dems have lost at least 25 deposits now, and there'll be more to come you'd assume. They'd never have forseen this.

If they're not getting 5% of the vote on constituencies, they're surely unlikely to poll much higher on the list?

They could be almost eradicated. Even if Tavish Scott does resign, he might end-up only having a couple of colleagues able to replace him!!

True, but I'd be interested to see what proprotion of the SNP vote is an anti-Labour, and especially an anti-LibDem vote. I would welcome an independence referendum early within this parliament but I don't think Eck would go for that.

Anyway, Labour - lol!

This is not the point for me to give rational analysis, but I think this is more than just a protest vote. Every other country in Britain lined up behind Labour. Scotland is different. Agreed though, Labour - lol!

Btw, current numbers:

SNP 536,792: 45.9% Thats +12.6%

LAB 401,742: 34.4% Thats -0.8%

CON 154,619: 13.2% Thats -2.9%

LIB 064,871: 5.5% Thats -6.8%!!!

Those numbers are remarkable. As it stands, with many safe Labour seats dealt with, the SNP lead by 10% And the Libs are embarrassing. :D

Indication that SNP doing well in the List. I don't mind the Greens tagging along but if they can secure a majority, well, that'd be amazing.

Frankly, I'd renege on the referendum and vote in Parliament for separation, playing the Unionists at their own game. :D

Malcolm Chisholm holds on there, he's always been well-respected in Edinburgh, and distanced himself from Iraq and other Labour policies.

Himself, and folk like Gray / Lamont hanging-on by their fingernails, are Labour's only silver-lining so far.

Archived