The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I won't stop watching it, but I do agree about the amount of yapping that's going on!!!

As I've read the graphic novels I also knew/know whats coming regarding The Greenes, but it does feel that they haven't half dragged the arse out of it, that particular storyline could have been done and resolved in the first two episodes imo!!!

But also in fairness if they are being true to the books which can go a few issues before any Zombie mayhem manifests, with the current storyline up to issue 90 being a classic case in point, it's been like drawing teeth at times, but I'm pretty sure it is leading somewhere, whereas I'm not too sure where it is leading in the TV series, hopefully to the prison, as there's a couple of characters I'd like to see the back off!!!

This.

I want them to reach the Prison and I want the Governor to come into it. Either the writer or the actor(Michael Rooker) dispelled a rumour that he'd return as the Governor. Shame, that'd be a fantastic casting.

I'm praying Carol and Andrea get right to f**k soon. All they ever do is greet about life.

I know her daughter might be lost etc. but fucking hell. Her just moping about is doing my tits in.

Aye, life must be fuckin magic when there is a zombie apocalypse on

Not much patience being shown on this thread. It’s not a Michael Bay production folks. I’ve watched episodes of the Wire and the Sopranos where it hasn’t exactly been all action . Don't worry, it will get there in the end

This.

I want them to reach the Prison and I want the Governor to come into it. Either the writer or the actor(Michael Rooker) dispelled a rumour that he'd return as the Governor. Shame, that'd be a fantastic casting.

Firstly stop reading picture books, then expecting a TV show or film to be the same as them. If they were they'd be cartoons, and it would suck. Although Rick does have a slightly blanker expression than Odie from Garfield... :rolleyes:

Secondly that's clearly a spoiler so cover it!

Firstly stop reading picture books, then expecting a TV show or film to be the same as them. If they were they'd be cartoons, and it would suck. Although Rick does have a slightly blanker expression than Odie from Garfield... :rolleyes:

Firstly stop using IMDB as a bible and make up your own opinions on TV shows/Movies!!!

Secondly how is that a spoiler???

It's not tough to transition ideas from a comic to the big screen. I'm not expecting everything from the comics to be brought over, pixel to pixel, but the stories are easily translated. What's wrong with wanting a live action version of the comics?

It's not a spoiler, in what way do I tell you what's going to happen? The fact you call them "picture books" tells me that you haven't read the comics, therefore you have no idea who the Governor is, so me telling you that someone ISN'T him does nothing for you. I also only mentioned a place, which KK had already mentioned. I haven't even read any spoilers concerning it. (I could mention a certain character who's due to join the show soon but I won't). It's like having read the Harry Potter books and then someone being pissed off that you mentioned the fact Dumbledore dies in one of them.

Also, "picture books". laugh.gif That's a nice way to treat the medium from which the show came from. Without them there'd be no tv show. Nor would you have such great films as the Nolan Batman films or V For vandetta. So take your head out of your arse and actually think about what you're slagging off.

It's not tough to transition ideas from a comic to the big screen. I'm not expecting everything from the comics to be brought over, pixel to pixel, but the stories are easily translated. What's wrong with wanting a live action version of the comics?

It's not a spoiler, in what way do I tell you what's going to happen? The fact you call them "picture books" tells me that you haven't read the comics, therefore you have no idea who the Governor is, so me telling you that someone ISN'T him does nothing for you. I also only mentioned a place, which KK had already mentioned. I haven't even read any spoilers concerning it. (I could mention a certain character who's due to join the show soon but I won't). It's like having read the Harry Potter books and then someone being pissed off that you mentioned the fact Dumbledore dies in one of them.

Also, "picture books". laugh.gif That's a nice way to treat the medium from which the show came from. Without them there'd be no tv show. Nor would you have such great films as the Nolan Batman films or V For vandetta. So take your head out of your arse and actually think about what you're slagging off.

SPOILERS YA b*****d!!!

What do you mean Dumbledore dies in one of them???:bairn

Not much patience being shown on this thread. It’s not a Michael Bay production folks. I’ve watched episodes of the Wire and the Sopranos where it hasn’t exactly been all action . Don't worry, it will get there in the end

The Wire and The Sopranos have strengths in other areas such as strong characters who act in a believable fashion, good actors, good writers, and great cinematography. Even the episodes where nothing much happened, were totally compelling due to all those other contributing factors.

The only thing The Walking Dead seems to have going for it was a strong pilot episode and good makeup, everything else falls on its arse.

The writing for this show is dire the zombie apocalypse will not be boring plus why aren't Any of the characters living a hedonistic lifestyle that the end of the world would bring drugs sex drink driving being reckless with firearms

Firstly stop using IMDB as a bible and make up your own opinions on TV shows/Movies!!!

Secondly how is that a spoiler???

What has IMDb got to do with anything? I've never used it for an opinion in my life, only to find out what people have done before to see if there's a link between films.

He mentions what I assume in the picture books is a focal point, so more than likely will be in the series. Would anyone who hadn't read the comics expect them to go to a prison? It doesn't seem from their current position that they are anywhere near where you might find a prison, seems really serene where they are at the moment.

And I'd REALLY want to know where I "slagged off" the show, or your picture books. That's what they are, I just refuse to call comic books by such a ridiculous term, so why are you offended when picture books means exactly the same thing!

Why, do you want the exact same thing which you have already read (is that the right word?)? What would be the point of watching the show if you know what happens?

Oh, and V for Vandetta [sic] was average, nothing more.

With regards to KK, I stopped reading his post when he said he had read the comics as I knew there could be spoilers. Regardless of what was said, anything about this series (as people will watch it on FX in Spring next year/council telly in the Autumn), or possible future occurrences should be in spoiler tags.

Edited by SaltyTON

He mentions what I assume in the picture books is a focal point, so more than likely will be in the series. Would anyone who hadn't read the comics expect them to go to a prison? It doesn't seem from their current position that they are anywhere near where you might find a prison, seems really serene where they are at the moment.

I didn't mention it first, King Kebab did. It's not a focal point either. It's just a place where they go during the 90 odd issues. There's tonne of places they go for extended periods of time. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll make it to the tv show. Infact, it probably won't have the impact as certain events would occur that would NEVER make it to the screen. Certainly not at this rating. Just like there's one main controversial action that's been missed out that happened before they got to the farm.

The fact that Shane mentions going to Fort (whatever) tells me that they're probably going in a different direction to the comics as there's no army base in the comics by that name(at least I don't think so).

And I'd REALLY want to know where I "slagged off" the show, or your picture books. That's what they are, I just refuse to call comic books by such a ridiculous term, so why are you offended when picture books means exactly the same thing!

Calling them that makes them seem juvenile and it's being condescending to the medium. Call them graphic novels then. Picture books are things you'd give to 5 year olds to read. I don't think you'd ever find the Joker shooting and raping Barbara Gordon in a picture book(Killing Joke).

Why, do you want the exact same thing which you have already read (is that the right word?)? What would be the point of watching the show if you know what happens?

Because there's a difference in live action and on the paper. Why the f**k do you think so many books get made into films? blink.gif I want to see how they handle the issue and how various actors portray the relevant roles.

With regards to KK, I stopped reading his post when he said he had read the comics as I knew there could be spoilers. Regardless of what was said, anything about this series (as people will watch it on FX in Spring next year/council telly in the Autumn), or possible future occurrences should be in spoiler tags.

It's on FX just now. Only days after the States get it. Once it's aired here then it's fair game to talk about and if you come in after it's aired on Friday's and get spoiled then it's your fault. If you're waiting for it to come to Channel 5 then you'll be waiting a while and shouldn't be viewing the thread in the mean time.

And you've posted stuff about the episode between the Sunday and Friday. Not massive spoilers but you said "I fucking hate that kid" and "shaving his head with the water running, doesn't he know there's a zombie apocalypse?"

The first one hints that someone happens to either Sophia or Carl. The second one makes it clear that it wasn't a flashback so it's in the present which means that Shane survived the run to the mobile ambulances. (the quotes are paraphrased but general jist is correct) Both are tonnes more spoilery than I posted. I didn't even mention events that happened at the location, just the location itself.

Any cheap places I can acquire the comics?

If you actually want to buy them then I find Play or Amazon are usually pretty good for Graphic Novels.

Only started watching this last week so blizted the first season in an afternoon and started watching the 2nd. Good series so far good tension between the characters tho I think I have an idea what the doctor said to him, if im right or not fails to be seen

Liked the twist on Sunday as well tho hopefully story moves on from the farm soon

Ach well looks like i was right

now the added tension as she she tries to figure out who the dad is tho the fact that the Dr had the blood test down and let the cat out the bag before will probably result in a fight between the 2

I've still enjoyed it. It's easily one of the best bits of television going even if it hasn't lived up to the standards of the pilot. I think it needs to move on from the farm soon however, as it's been three episodes going on four. I get that Carl is recovering and the daughter is still to be found. But I'd rather just it moved on from it now, with that torn faced boot of a mother while they're at it.

I'm looking forward to the return of Merle this week however...

Calling them that makes them seem juvenile and it's being condescending to the medium. Call them graphic novels then. Picture books are things you'd give to 5 year olds to read. I don't think you'd ever find the Joker shooting and raping Barbara Gordon in a picture book...

Do you think people calling them comics make them seem puerile? All Salty is trying to do is call them something in a more adult light. Picture books doesn't seem as juvenile as comics to me. I certainly didn't read it as Salty trying to disparage comics. I prefer the term graphic novels as comics I will always associate with children.

I also do think that talk about where the series could go in relation to where the graphic novels have been and gone should be in spoiler tags for people that don't want to know.

As for the series I do enjoy it, the first series started extremely well and gradually faded as the series went on. As they have expanded this series to 13 episodes I think people are just going to have to put up with filler. It hasn't hit the highs of the first two episodes yet, but it certainly is an improvement on the last couple of episodes in the first series.

To me, picture books conjure up the daft books that pre-school kids use when learning how to say words like apple and ball, and it's a far more juvenile term than comics.

I thought it was a bit better to be fair. They do need to move away from the farm but the twist at the end was interesting enough. And fair play to the wee chinese fella.

Agree, they badly have to leave that farm and leave the irritating old woman behind to find her own fucking wean (she NEVER goes to look for her herself!).

BTW he's Korean! :P Looked it up there and his name is really Yeun Sang-yeop.

Aye, life must be fuckin magic when there is a zombie apocalypse on

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: top reply!