The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Managed to spoil it for myself this morning by reading about the films. Absolutely fucking loved that though. Almost had some man tears when Daryl's bottom lip started to quiver.

First thing I thought with the group fighting at the end was that it was very similar to Carl saving Tyreese and Sasha etc at the prison, ended up being deliberate.

Hopefully the time jump is the start of the end for the show, would be a good idea to start wrapping it up if they can finish it on a high. Carol looking like The Witcher in the preview for next week's gave me a chuckle :lol:

DrRVqNvWkAA9DuS.jpgfeff4dc3-b4c5-47aa-82fe-7cc7e8544579.jpg

11 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Amc have confirmed three rick grimes movies to be made...

Yeah just saw the first couple of minutes of the Talking Dead there. We'll see where they take his story but there's no chance Rick wouldn't go back to look for the rest of them unless he was so far away it was physically impossible. 

The time jump was an unexpected development but probably a good thing to move forwards with the story, otherwise the rest of this season would've basically been about the rest of the group morning Rick.

I thought the episode wasn't too bad, though the sight of the gun toting Judith Grimes didn't bode well, for me anyway.

I don't normally watch Talking Dead, partly because the host does my head in, but I watched it tonight to see what they had to say about where the show was going. One of the main guys (maybe the main guy these days?) explained that, aside from the three films, there would be multiple spin-offs, with multiple timelines (some overlapping, some not), different nights, different running times, things set in the past to see currently deceased characters, things set in the present, 'maybe' things set in the future, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Seems strange to plan such a vast expansion at the same time as it all seems to be running out of steam. I certainly won't be watching any of those, with the possible exception of the first Rick Grimes film.

I stopped watching this a few seasons ago, but these days you can't miss spoilers for such a high profile show. Are they planning on going on with the show even with Rick Grimes being killed off? Jumping the shark doesn't cover it, surely?

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I stopped watching this a few seasons ago, but these days you can't miss spoilers for such a high profile show. Are they planning on going on with the show even with Rick Grimes being killed off? Jumping the shark doesn't cover it, surely?

Are you planning on watching last night's episode? Don't want to spoil it completely if you are.

Spoiler So they dragged a bunch of millenials out of a local Starbucks to form the new cast? Looks shite.
All the best with the thread, guys. I'm done.
Was saying the same to the Mrs. The main protagonist being gone, it's a good place to stop watching.

So it looks like they are giving Judith Coral's story line from the comics?

Was getting a bit emotional, then when he was saved it turned it into a bit of a cop out, part of me wishes he actually died. I expect Rick to make an appearance in the last episode, or the final film to tie it all up. I've said it all along, the story ends with Rick.

AMC have a right c'nt of this.

I see this thread is still, in the main, populated by people moaning and gurning about the programme.

No amount of threatening to stop watching it is going to change the course of events.

I enjoyed the episode.  Daryl's wobbly bottom lip though.

:(

On 10/30/2018 at 19:11, dysartrovers said:

I think the bridge will collapse under the weight of the zombies with Rick just making it over and then being saved by jadis in the helicopter

Fair play. Called it.

On another note, Andrew Lincoln has categorically confirmed he will not be returning to the show.

Another run of 'Teachers' would be good.

It was obvious they were going to save him, but I'm kinda glad they did. 

A complete guess, but I reckon the three films that Andrew Lincoln will be in will either be set in another part of the US or more likely another country entirely, allowing them to be filmed in the UK. 

Then once they are completed The Walking Dead, Fear and any other spinoffs will come together as a "new" series with Rick back to wrap it all up, so technically he wouldn't be returning to the original series so to speak. 

Who did everyone spot in that scene? I got Jesus and Maggie among the bodies.

Saw Jerry, Carol and Michonne!!!

Think I also saw Tyreese and the guy that got trapped in the revolving door but I can't mind his name!!!

Eta

Noah!!!