The Falkirk FC Thread

It's a shame you never got to see Andy Lawrie just before he broke his leg.

I did aye, I thought duffie was better, probably just because it's more recent in the memory, lawrie had some start to that season, what was it? 5 goals in the first 7 games or something?

Best attacking full back in my time has been Stuart Kennedy, no doubt about it. I'm too young to have seen Alex Parker though.

I did aye, I thought duffie was better, probably just because it's more recent in the memory, lawrie had some start to that season, what was it? 5 goals in the first 7 games or something?

Something like that, that injury really set him back. Great servant to the club though.

Hearing we aren't done in the transfer market, hopefully it's in rather than out but I'm guessing "in".

PS Releasing a player who hasn't played/can't play and signing a back up FB who can actually play is not a sign we are giving up on 2nd spot. Some people love to moan don't they...

Edited by RC55 FFC

Hearing we aren't done in the transfer market, hopefully it's in rather than out but I'm guessing "in".

PS Releasing a player who hasn't played/can't play and signing a back up FB who can actually play is not a sign we are giving up on 2nd spot. Some people love to moan don't they...

I think it will be out. Cooper Edited by Back Post Misses

Hi everyone!

I'm carrying out research for my UG dissertation and I am hoping some of you would be willing to fill my questionnaire? I'm looking at the use of social media in Scottish football, with a particular look at Falkirk, to determine whether social media plays a role in improving fan engagement with the club and how this can be carried forward. It'd be great to get your input through the questionnaire!! Should only take a couple minutes to fill in here's the link; https://esurv.org/?u=Dissertation_questionnaire

Thanks!

Done, good luck.

So much for Dean Brett then. No guarantee he'll displace Muirhead. More likely to be a backup till the Summer now that Duffies away. Looks like we've given up on competing with the top two in the run in.

Dean Brett would have no guarantee to displace Muirhead either, I personally feel that its an experienced player to make up the squad as our bench is depleted with Sheppard, Bowman, Blair and Duffie no more. Maybury on the bench wasnt a good feeling on Tuesday.

If we are making a serious go of it for perhaps 2nd then a couple of more players in are required as we are thin on the ground once suspensions that will come and injuries. I'd stick my head out and say 3rd is ours and perhaps our board have similar thinking and feel thats our aim achieved....unless we do a Morton

Only one not to clap the fans as they headed back into the changing rooms at 7.40 on Tuesday night. Noted.

Not too arsed about that. Tbf he's not getting a chance here at all, has he made and appearance off the bench all season? Needs to be punted out on loan and get someone else in who can create something on the wing

Not too arsed about that. Tbf he's not getting a chance here at all, has he made and appearance off the bench all season? Needs to be punted out on loan and get someone else in who can create something on the wing

Deals have been agreed for him and he's said no.

Disagree, 800 folk go up midweek to Dundee and give him a clap, bearing in mind he's done nothing for his wage for nearly 2 seasons? We have tried to put him on loan but he's knocked them back.

Instead of playing it seems he'd rather sulk in the reserves/odd occasion he's on the bench. Let's face it, he only made the bench as we had 3 players who couldn't play plus the dept of Ryan Blair.

Luxury player, will be interesting to see if Houston can get more out of him than Burchill and Hopkin, doesn't work hard enough off the ball and Falkirk always looked a hard working team so don't know how Hippo will do there. Good luck to him anyway, decent player when he's on his game, frustrating as hell when he isn't though.

Luxury player, will be interesting to see if Houston can get more out of him than Burchill and Hopkin, doesn't work hard enough off the ball and Falkirk always looked a hard working team so don't know how Hippo will do there. Good luck to him anyway, decent player when he's on his game, frustrating as hell when he isn't though.

Agree with all of this, in a team that has been struggling he just didn't work anywhere near hard enough, his attitude fell through the floor after being stupidly sent off at Dumbarton and the the team fell out with him.

He has undoubted quality though and may do better in a better performing team.

Edited by andylivi1

Based on what I've seen I wouldn't say he's any better than Alex Cooper and I don't think anyone can question Cooper's on-field attitude?

Considering that it was Houstie that signed him I think there must have been some sort of falling out between the two yet I haven't read any rumours of reasons for this.