The Falkirk FC Thread

Teams for tonight's Development League match against Rangers:

FALKIRK: McMinn, Finlayson, Gallacher, Blues, Eadie, Johnson, Evans, Peggie, Shepherd, O'Hara, Dunne

Subs: Deniz, Maybury, Maxwell, Taylor

RANGERS: McCrorie, Sinnamon, Mills, Barjonas, Lang, Ross McCrorie, McLeod, Dykes, Roberts, Thompson, Burt

Subs: Wright, Ashmore, Lyon, Brandon, Brownlie, Gibson, Jeffries #COYB

Falkirk are 85/40 with McBookies if anyone's interested.

Edited by welshbairn

What's the sample size here, about 4 or 5?

I'd guess around that.

Thinking back in that position I'd have Kingsley, Scobbie, McQuilken and Mcpherson all ahead of Luke.

I'm sure we must've had duds also in LB.

Those cover the 4 best since 2001.

Luke isn't in the same league as them

I'd guess around that.

Thinking back in that position I'd have Kingsley, Scobbie, McQuilken and Mcpherson all ahead of Luke.

I'm sure we must've had duds also in LB.

Those cover the 4 best since 2001.

Luke isn't in the same league as them

Kingsley & Hagi aye, but not the other two.

Luke's great at going forward and has scored some class goals, below average at defending however. If he goes I won't really be too fussed. A left back needs to be good at defending first then if they are good at attacking it's a nice bonus.

Don't agree with that in terms of what a full back needs to be nowadays.

More and more in today's game the full backs provide the width in the game. You just need to look at Rangers, both their full backs are way better going forward than defending. I bet your bottom dollar Rangers fans are more than happy with them.

Don't agree with that in terms of what a full back needs to be nowadays.

More and more in today's game the full backs provide the width in the game. You just need to look at Rangers, both their full backs are way better going forward than defending. I bet your bottom dollar Rangers fans are more than happy with them.

You use Rangers fans intelligence as a gauge?

They rate Waghorn for fuxake

Leahy is a good player going forward (could have scored against Hibs and Livi recently as well) and also good when he had a winger running at him. His timing of the tackle is particularly good. His problem is when he has someone to mark in the box. So often when a cross comes in from the right, he simply isn't picking up his man at the back post.

As I asked earlier, how far away is Gallacher ? what age was Kingsley when he started becoming a first team player ?

I saw him in the preseason game at Athlone and against Fraserborough in the cup. Hopefully he'll be ready for next season, already looks a good player.

I suspect he's older than Kingsley but then he was chucked in far too soon, I remember him getting a torrid time at Dens and a few other places during his first few months in the team.

Elvis obviously seen something in Kingsley's mentality/ability early on to perceiver with him, some of the praise he gave him early on was definetley not on the same page as to what I seen on match days.

I'll never forget Kingsley's performance in cup v DUFC, he was superb that night and set a level of performance that he failed to reach for a while after that, but he did in time.

I think some are being a little harsh on evaluating Leahy, He has improved from earlier in all aspects of his game at left back but I still don't think he has the game to perform down south, where I think he'll end up. His form has dipped tho recently, more so the attacking sense.

He will be missed but not in a McGovern sense of miss