The Falkirk FC Thread

You's do realise Houston has already signed 2 new players for next season aye ?? every year its the same pish from the same folk. I would rather he took his time and got the right players and not just sign any old Taylor Morgan type as soon as he can just to appease the knicker wetters.

You's do realise Houston has already signed 2 new players for next season aye ?? every year its the same pish from the same folk. I would rather he took his time and got the right players and not just sign any old Taylor Morgan type as soon as he can just to appease the knicker wetters.

We won't also sign a lot, 9 of the 11 signed up already, so its a case of replace the two and as it seems at the moment one more, not the five six players some are looking for

Completely agreed. Part of the reason we were so successful last season was having a settled team from the year before.

He's working on the keeper and by the sounds of things has identified another couple of positions where we can improve.

We won't also sign a lot, 9 of the 11 signed up already, so its a case of replace the two and as it seems at the moment one more, not the five six players some are looking for

Nothing to do with the numbers for me it's about the quality.

If we relplace with like for like rather than get folk who'd have easily started in last seasons squad then that's standing still for me which we shouldn't be doing.

Let's use consistency in manager and the majority of the squad with a few very good signings and we can win the league IMO. That's got to be the target, none of this settle for playoff shit.

Personally i'd rather see Houston looking at a decent right-back than anything else right now. I like Muirhead in there but we are one injury away from having to play Vaulks there again (assuming he's around) which removes a lot of our ability to move forward quickly. If we got in someone who was a first choice right back it would free up Muirhead to play in the CB slot, his natural position, allowing us to rely less on McCracken. The little I've seen of McCann suggest squad player rather than first choice.

Plus the three new nippers from the academy. Last years academy graduates are all a year older so they'll probably figure more often. Just keep the conveyer belt going.

Liam Henderson has been announced

Was he the boy firing in the corners for Hibs in the Cup Final? Excellent if so, even if that's all he can do. Don't know him at all apart from that.

P.S. Feel a bit silly now after the comments below.  :(

Edited by welshbairn

Uninspiring but we'll see how he does. 

ETA: Seemingly brought in to play for our development side before hopefully going onto challenge for a spot in the 1st team. Won't be there immediately.  

Edited by 18BAIRN76