The Falkirk FC Thread

What is the impression of the new signings from people who have watched them? Not been to watch any pre season.

Austin looks the stand out imo, pace, strength and hunger.

Apparently gasparrato was class against shelbourne but against Albion rovers he looked shaky

Kidd was alright against rovers, nothing amazing but looks a decent right back.

Quite like the look of craigen. Scored a cracker against shelbourne and had a decent display against rovers.

Really excited too see how we crack on.

Think the first 11 should be

Rogers
Kidd
Watson
Gasparrato
Leahy
Craigen
Kerr
Vaulks
Sibbs
Austin
McHugh

26 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Austin looks the stand out imo, pace, strength and hunger.

Apparently gasparrato was class against shelbourne but against Albion rovers he looked shaky

Kidd was alright against rovers, nothing amazing but looks a decent right back.

Quite like the look of craigen. Scored a cracker against shelbourne and had a decent display against rovers.

Really excited too see how we crack on.

Think the first 11 should be

Rogers
Kidd
Watson
Gasparrato
Leahy
Craigen
Kerr
Vaulks
Sibbs
Austin
McHugh

I would expect he stays with Baird for start of next season but i would like to see austin sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

What is the impression of the new signings from people who have watched them? Not been to watch any pre season.

Didn't know you liked football Ryan....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pervert-uploading-unsuspecting-womens-facebook-7766893#BSQ2gE4Qj7miSKbe.97

On 12/07/2016 at 05:36, Shooboax said:

MrDust you're 100% wrong in your information. If we hadn't come up this year we'd have went part time. Not 'bust' as you pointed out. We come up this year having made a profit, where's the previous season we overspent by quarter of a million. Thankfully we're up and we'll stay up. For most Pars fans consolidation in this league is the aim this year, although AJ reckons top 4 is his ambition. We budgeted for gates of 2,500 last season and averaged over 3,400. This time last year we had just over 1,900 Season Tickets sold this year we've sold around 2,700 to date. The clubs Life-Line sees over 2000 fans putting in £20 each a month. The fans own 55% of the club and have representation on the board through an elected Patron. We refer to those on the board as Patrons. The buzz around the club is truely amazing on match days now. Bars are packed out, hospitality sold out and visiting fans made welcome. Local businesses are engaged and supply match day catering for hospitality. All pushing social inclusion within the community. Our Pars Disabled Supporters Club are raising £55k for a lift installation and are already £6k up. Our club is one of Scotlands leading clubs when it comes to catering for the disabled. Many lessons have been learned from our descent into the horrible situation a few seasons back. We took it on the chin, rolled up our sleeves and fought to keep the club alive, together we did it and together we'll progress. The quality of the people in charge is second to none. They've made personal sacrifices but are already promoting within to ensure succession planning for the future. All good in the hood as they say. You'll enjoy having us back because deep down you fuckin love playing us.

Have your accounts been published ?

Id have imagined a loss or at best small profit tho this info is usually revealed when accounts are revealed end of tax year, so would be interesting to know where you got the profit info ?

I also struggle to see why fans would pay an extra £20 a month to a club not so long ago went bust, throwing money down a well comes to mind tho we are in fife....

Was at the Stirling uni game last night, basically a development team with a couple of the new signings and Rodgers in goal. Austin scored and I thought Henderson looked good, maybe not the strongest opposition we'll face this season but looks like we have a squad this season, allows players with small niggles to be rested and Houston to freshen the team occasionally. I felt (despite some good results including in the playoffs) the team were running on empty for the last month or so of the season.

We look stronger this season but time will tell COYB!

Was at the Stirling uni game last night, basically a development team with a couple of the new signings and Rodgers in goal. Austin scored and I thought Henderson looked good, maybe not the strongest opposition we'll face this season but looks like we have a squad this season, allows players with small niggles to be rested and Houston to freshen the team occasionally. I felt (despite some good results including in the playoffs) the team were running on empty for the last month or so of the season.

We look stronger this season but time will tell COYB!

Any of the young players stand out ?

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Have your accounts been published ?

Id have imagined a loss or at best small profit tho this info is usually revealed when accounts are revealed end of tax year, so would be interesting to know where you got the profit info ?

I also struggle to see why fans would pay an extra £20 a month to a club not so long ago went bust, throwing money down a well comes to mind tho we are in fife....

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Overview_of_Season_2015-16&ID=9292

Have a wee read neeb. We've achieved a lot over the last 3 years or so since our deserved demise.

No hiding from the shit we were left from the previous debacle of a board. We have worked hard together and will go from strength to strength to ensure the club survives for future generations.

Sorry to the rest of you Falkirk guys for the continued promotion of planet Pars. Just need to educate dust for brains.

1 hour ago, Shooboax said:

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Overview_of_Season_2015-16&ID=9292

Have a wee read neeb. We've achieved a lot over the last 3 years or so since our deserved demise.

No hiding from the shit we were left from the previous debacle of a board. We have worked hard together and will go from strength to strength to ensure the club survives for future generations.

Sorry to the rest of you Falkirk guys for the continued promotion of planet Pars. Just need to educate dust for brains.

Small profit as i stated, so thats education in Fife....

No mention of  2000 fans putting in £20 a month, which is a yearly amount of 480,000. I'm surprised that it's not a bigger profit with your claims....

A profit thats the point. First time in a couple of decades. Its the relevance of it. Managing responsibly. We're in good hands and with fan ownership. It will become all the more relevant for other Scottish clubs in the near future.

4 hours ago, hope street said:

Any of the young players stand out ?

I liked the look of the young centre half, goalkeeper 2nd half had a couple of good saves and the number 17 (who looks around 12 years old and 5 foot nothing) looks to have a bit of skill about him.

sorry that I threw team sheet away so not sure of the names!

14 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I liked the look of the young centre half, goalkeeper 2nd half had a couple of good saves and the number 17 (who looks around 12 years old and 5 foot nothing) looks to have a bit of skill about him.

sorry that I threw team sheet away so not sure of the names!

The Number 16 Connor Langton and Mark Stowe who scored an absolute screamer that No keeper would have got too

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

He'd be a good signing for any Championship team.

Wouldn't shock me to see him at St Mirren.

Don't think they were too keen on him the first time he was there. I'd take him, but I doubt we could afford him and I'm not sure where exactly we'd fit him in.