The Falkirk FC Thread

Fair point. It's just frustrating to see them go but that's the joy of being attached to a local club like Falkirk! The loan market is the way to go. Think someone on here mentioned Liam Henderson, if we can bring in guys like that then it'll certainly dampen the frustration. Guys like John Rankin not so much.

Liam Henderson to Falkirk oaaaaaaft :lol:

Absolutely no hope in hell :lol:

No one player is bigger than the club. Every player at this level has a price.

Totally agree! But I think the price will ultimately be a serious dent to our title aspirations. Maybe a bit dramatic but he that important to us. However got to trust that Houston has planned for this & has an alternative in mind. [emoji460]️

Totally agree! But I think the price will ultimately be a serious dent to our title aspirations. Maybe a bit dramatic but he that important to us. However got to trust that Houston has planned for this & has an alternative in mind. [emoji460]️

I like your enthusiasm. Unfortunately I see Hibs kicking on this year with a more competent manager and skooshing the league so any title aspirations I had/have are slim to nil. I do believe Houston will find a replacement though.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

I like your enthusiasm. Unfortunately I see Hibs kicking on this year with a more competent manager and skooshing the league so any title aspirations I had/have are slim to nil. I do believe Houston will find a replacement though.

What, they've sacked Lennon?

1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

McGrandles returning in a central midfield role would be a quality piece of business. He seemed out of sorts on the right when he came in and it seemed to impact the balance of the team. A pairing of Connor and Kerr would boss most midfields in this league.

McGrandles fitness levels were poor when he arrived, he probably was just getting up to scratch then the injury.

If Vaulks is gone,I'd prefer to see a natural wide player added, we have Taiwo, Sibbs,Kerr,Craigen,Kidd and possibly Henderson who can play centre mid, our wide mids are shoehorned in there.

Vaulks leaving was my biggest fear, clearly see the difference with him in the team on Tuesday. He deserves a move and hopefully Tuesday wasn't his last game.

If Hibs can carry their cup form over to the league they will win the division. However, as was seen last season a team who could beat the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen etc in cup games then managed to lose 8 times in the league including drubbings at home to the likes of Morton. I'm sure Celtic would loan Henderson anywhere if you made it worth their while cash wise.

Got to agree that Vaulks leaving would be a bit of a sore one. Could see from early on when he was playing at centre half that he had  something about him. His passing etc. is not what you expected from a centre half at our level. Hard to stand in his way and all the best to him if hes going. Mcgrandles certainly would be my preferred option before rankin anyway.

I think we will give the title a go this year but got my fears that Lennon will build a more organised team Hibs team this year. Going to be a cracking season though with big games every couple of weeks.

We always seem to take two steps forward (gasparotto and austin) and two back (vaulks and alston). It's a shame one of these seasons we can't hold what we have and add a couple to get us over the line. Vaulks and alston were my two favourite players so disappointed from that point of view and between them they must have scored about twenty goals from midfield last season....I couldn't see the likes is craigen and potentially rankin doing that although happy to be proved wrong. The other teams have strengthened St mirren pars and Raith with hibs and Dundee United likely to be strong. Well find out soon enough I think this season's league Will be even tougher than last but Houston did brilliantly last season and hopefully will do the same this

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We always seem to take two steps forward (gasparotto and austin) and two back (vaulks and alston). It's a shame one of these seasons we can't hold what we have and add a couple to get us over the line. Vaulks and alston were my two favourite players 

I must've had the conversation a million times last April/May and it went the same way every time.

Me - who is yer POTY?

Them - I would've went for Grant but he's been out for 4 months so I'd say over the season it was Kerr.

Me - yeah, agreed.

How you have 2 players ahead of them baffles me.

I must've had the conversation a million times last April/May and it went the same way every time.

Me - who is yer POTY?

Them - I would've went for Grant but he's been out for 4 months so I'd say over the season it was Kerr.

Me - yeah, agreed.

How you have 2 players ahead of them baffles me.

There's a difference between player of the year and favourite player. For example, I love big sexy Lee Miller. As good as he was last year, he wasn't player of the year, which was rightly awarded to Kerr.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

There's a difference between player of the year and favourite player. For example, I love big sexy Lee Miller. As good as he was last year, he wasn't player of the year, which was rightly awarded to Kerr.

Fair play wi 1, But 2 players favoured 2 our 2 best players????

Oh and Lee Miller :wub:

Edited by Gaz FFC