The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Another player sold under the nose of PH just before the season starts.

Yip that's our bod for you. Just a shame the league isn't won  on profits made in a season or we'd be odds on again this season. Getting  a bit fed up with us selling all our talent now and replacing them with run of the mill journeyman . If we're bringing in decent cash its about time we started spending some decent amounts to make these sales worthwhile. Its getting pretty obvious that the board are happy to stay in this division and see our bank balance go up and up.

I must've had the conversation a million times last April/May and it went the same way every time.

Me - who is yer POTY?

Them - I would've went for Grant but he's been out for 4 months so I'd say over the season it was Kerr.

Me - yeah, agreed.

How you have 2 players ahead of them baffles me.

Yes can see how that could be read differently I think we had a lot of players who performed at an exceptional level last year of which grant and kerr were undoubtedly two. However in terms of favourite I liked alston and vaulks goal threat from midfield alston cool finishing vaulks work rate bite thunderbolts ability in air yes. So maybe favourite not same as player of year

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ Hibs have been doing the same for years and that's why your stuck  down beside us.  At least your bod now seem to have got a bit of backbone though.

More a case that they shat themselves they went too far.

Hilarious watching them flap like a fish out of water trying to get out of here though.

A warning to our board of what happens when you cut the quality too much

Don't see the need for knicker wetting. Firstly, not yet confirmed Vaulks is gone. Secondly, if as is looking likely he is, we don't know how much for, but it's probably a few hundred k. Regardless of our bank balance a club our size isn't going to turn that kind of money down for a player in the last year of his contract.

Fuckin calm doon.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Hilarious watching them flap like a fish out of water trying to get out of here though.

The board know though that we'll not get relegated. Aslong as that's the case and the bank balance is rosey their quite happy it would seem.

Try copy us, you might win the Scottish Cup.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Don't see the need for knicker wetting. Firstly, not yet confirmed Vaulks is gone. Secondly, if as is looking likely he is, we don't know how much for, but it's probably a few hundred k. Regardless of our bank balance a club our size isn't going to turn that kind of money down for a player in the last year of his contract.

Fuckin calm doon.

I'm sorry but bank balances aren't the reason why people buy season tickets every year.  If I had any hope that this would allow Houstie to go out and bring in another two or three quality players( and I mean quality not the usual shirt fillers) then I wouldn't be so worried about him leaving. Hes our captain and a very versatile player. Anyone brought in to replace him wont be as good so the money has to be used to sign other players that will strengthen the team as a whole. Over to the bod to show us that they are actually loking for us to make another decent challenge for the league this season.

Christ Hibs have been doing the same for years and that's why your stuck  down beside us.  At least your bod now seem to have got a bit of backbone though.

We spent our money on the only fully UEFA compliant stadium outside Glasgow, a state of the art training facility and have one of the best pitches in the country.

You've got a humpty 3 stand ground in the middle of nowhere with AstroTurf.

Case closed.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sorry but bank balances aren't the reason why people buy season tickets every year.  If I had any hope that this would allow Houstie to go out and bring in another two or three quality players( and I mean quality not the usual shirt fillers) then I wouldn't be so worried about him leaving. Hes our captain and a very versatile player. Anyone brought in to replace him wont be as good so the money has to be used to sign other players that will strengthen the team as a whole. Over to the bod to show us that they are actually loking for us to make another decent challenge for the league this season.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that he's gone, if he's gone, but one player doesn't make a team. He's not our best player, and we still have a strong squad with good players signed already, and there's over a month of the transfer window left.

I'm disappointed, not worried.