The Falkirk FC Thread

Decided to go along tonight (I don't normally like these kinds of things) and tbh there was some interesting soundbites but nothing ground-breaking...unsurprisingly

First half was Doug Henderson and a woman who I apologise but can't remember her name (had something to do with the academy or something). Couple questions asked regarding debt/player sales/4th stand etc.

Apparently made circa £1m profit last year but was used to pay off soft loans and to establish a reserve fund...the playing budget was increased this year but never said by how much

4th stand is being looked at to determine it's financial viability which is fair enough but what got me was talk of who was going to pay for it; presumably this means the club are looking for someone like the council to come on board?

We were told to be patient with the academy and Gallagher for example will get a little more game time, Saturday for example, but Houston sounded rather reluctant to bring any straight into the team which I guess is fair enough if he thinks they're not ready or good enough

Scouting was talked about and I had a good laugh at the guy who asked if we scouted the junior leagues on a regular basis..Has anyone emerged from the juniors since the 80s?

Oh and apparently queens are paying Dobbie £2k a week...Don't shoot the messenger

Apologies for the long winded approach, sure I've wasted a good couple minutes of your time

Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

St Mirren away October 1st now 5.15 on alba

Someone on the Facebook page has said this "promises to be a real cracker".

I'm not so sure, to be honest.

7 hours ago, thelocalcat said:

Houston is clearly trying to inspire Austin to work a bit harder, not even for a second do I think he rates Shepherd higher

^ This.

to the comments that Austin has done more on the park than Baird or Miller - behave!

Austin has done the square root of f**k all for us so far. I'm sure that will change but presently he's Biabi standard for me with a lot to prove at this level. He offers a good option to us but is absolutely miles off being first name on team sheet for me.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It wouldn't bother me personally. It's not my wages. (though I'm retired now anyway 8))

Once the genie is out the bottle, it's gone.

The onus is on players, their agents, and their "ITK" friends who post on messageboards to keep schtum. If they don't then they can have no complaints when the information ends up somewhere they don't want it to go.

Which is why I don't think the reveal is a valid reason to attack our manager.

Fill yer boots though. I'm sure you will anyway. :P

Thats nonsense. If Houston has found out in his capacity as manager its hugely unprofessional to then repeat it in public. 

This is the first time anyone has mentioned Dobbies wages, so its hardly public knowledge.

Like others have said if Dobbie is on £2k a week he is well worth it and thank god we didn't cap our budget to get dross like Kerr, Baird and McHugh when we can have a game changer like Dobbs. 

Glad to see Dobbs side footing one from 25 yards past Rodgers doesn't have houstie rattled though. 

Like others have said if Dobbie is on £2k a week he is well worth it and thank god we didn't cap our budget to get dross like Kerr, Baird and McHugh when we can have a game changer like Dobbs. 

Glad to see Dobbs side footing one from 25 yards past Rodgers doesn't have houstie rattled though. 

Don't let it upset u too much Broony xx

Houston probably does know that Dobbie is on 2k p/w, all he needed to say though was that he was out of our price range and queens have smashed their piggy bank, so to speak, to sign him. leave the throwing about of figures to the journos and ITK wallops on here and in stale boozers across the country.

43 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Houston probably does know that Dobbie is on 2k p/w, all he needed to say though was that he was out of our price range and queens have smashed their piggy bank, so to speak, to sign him. leave the throwing about of figures to the journos and ITK wallops on here and in stale boozers across the country.

If I was cynical I'd say Houston knew exactly what he was doing there.

Queens have smaller crowds and a smaller budget than us, yet make a top drawer signing who is a game changer.

Putting that figure out there into the FFC public domain puts pressure on our board to make allowances for a top drawer signing.

Houston is probably sick of players laughing at our offers.