The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Interesting interpretation on my comment. However your point seems aimed at what you perceive is a wider issue with Falkirk fans. I don't agree with that premise and certainly not what I was getting at. Just trying to say that it won't be until Gallagher is up against a stiffer test can a fair judgement be made. However for me I would like that to happen sooner, rather than later.

If anything I felt my comment was positive, ur reply in anything laced with negativity emoji106.png

How you see your comment as positive is a mystery.

My reply, although aimed at your post this time is aimed at the general posts on here which attack the opposition as poor.

If they are a diddy, it's we should thrash them. 

If they're a big team they had an off day.

Why can't we just have been really good and they couldn't cope?

I know you're usually way better than this.

Edited by Gaz FFC

How you see your comment as positive is a mystery.

My reply, although aimed at your post this time is aimed at the general posts on here which attack the opposition as poor.

If they are a diddy, it's we should thrash them. 

If they're a big team they had an off day.

Why can't we just have been really good and they couldn't cope?

I know you're usually way better than this.

I didn't mean to create a mystery! I won't say anything more about it as I don't want to boggle your mind further!

And as for the "I know you're usually way better than this" comment...that really is a puzzler!

V Morton 1st. half very poor , passing terrible. Hippo & Austin intro turned the game. Thought Morton had went back on the player skill level of last year.

V Q of S. Queens as with Morton did not look as good as last year or are we better ? Poor defending for both of Dobbies  

Actually thought we were quite poor first half tempo not high enough and 2.0 was flattering us. Goal back for Elgin..good strike made us up our game a bit and 3rd goal killed the tie for me. Good to see the strikers scoring breeds confidence for them and team alike. Subs made us look stronger again as Elgin tired. Reckon Craigen must be well out of sorts and pleasing for me was I actually thought Shepherd done ok who I've never really rated but maybe just maybe he can add a bit of pace and width where we desperately need it. Houston seems to rate him. Gallagher looked the class act we've heard about. Glad of convincing win let's take it on into next week. 

V Q of S. Queens as with Morton did not look as good as last year or are we better ? Poor defending for both of Dobbies  

You should change your username as it's quite clearly misleading. If you truly "luvfitba" you would appreciate just how good both of Dobbie's goals were and accept them for what they were.

57 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Away to Ayr in the Irn Bru Cup. A meh draw in a meh competition. Game to be played 8/9th October.

Good wee day out, october weekend of a cup comp that doesnt get much interest till the semi finals....

Edited by MrDust

Another waste of a weekend fixture opportunity. Would be far better using these weekends for league games and keeping the cup midweek as the crowds are going to be pish anyway.

Just out of interest, what league fixture would you have put in for this weekend? Baring in mind Scotland are at home as well and people may want to watch both.

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

Just out of interest, what league fixture would you have put in for this weekend? Baring in mind Scotland are at home as well and people may want to watch both.

Scotland games a quarter to 8 ko . You could easily make it to any ground in our league and back and still have loads of time to watch Scotland. We're meant to be at home to DU on Wed the 1st of March. Would've been far better using the 8th for that  or last  Saturday even  for a fixture like that.

Scotland games a quarter to 8 ko . You could easily make it to any ground in our league and back and still have loads of time to watch Scotland. We're meant to be at home to DU on Wed the 1st of March. Would've been far better using the 8th for that  or last  Saturday even  for a fixture like that.

Everyone loves a midweek game once the weather gets better. f**k a midweek cup game in the winter.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only if you drive. And then getting parked at Hampden within an hour of kick off is probably pretty difficult (don't know how busy the Lithuania game will be mind you). Leaving Palmerston and getting in your car at 5pm is not going to get you to Hampden before 6:30pm at best and it makes for a long and expensive day if you do both (I'm presuming by "watch both" he meant actually be there). Dundee would be just as tight I'd imagine. Potentially Hibs too given the time it takes to actually get out of the city.

9 minutes ago, Trump said:

Everyone loves a midweek game once the weather gets better. f**k a midweek cup game in the winter.

Crowds are always down on midweek games especially away supports and its always harder to get hospitality filled. Club would make a lot more money out of a Saturday game against DU than a midweek fixture.  

Sorry I presumed he meant watching it on the telly. You've got to be off your nut to want to watch Scotland live these days. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Fuk that.....its my birthday 1st March....give me something to look forward to on the actual day, other than the extra digit and blah blah blah of the just another day.