The Falkirk FC Thread

Started off really well last night, sat off in the second half and didnt really threat but not much came from dunfermline either, McMullan looked like the only spark for them, Shephard gets better every time i watch him, still dont think he's ready for first team football at falkirk though.

Here's hoping Grant is ready to come back. Even if it's just playing in a back 4 and Luca or McCracken drops out.

totally agree that Luca struggled cause McCracken is having a mare but I just can't see Luca and Grant as a CH pairing, abilities aside it's a very inexperienced pairing and we shouldn't dismiss what McCracken brings in that sense. RB slot is a major worry though. Been a problem for years and while Kidd has done pretty well it's still a soft spot we've had for far too long.

I think it will be perfect.

Luca was brought in as McCracken's replacement and McCracken was only brought back in because Watson was stinking at the start of the season.

Grant is the only left sided CH we have. He is a brilliant talker and organiser I am lead to believe. Both are in their early 20's so what? Grant has played in a Scottish Cup final and all the big grounds in Scotland and Luca is a Canadian International squad member. No fear on the experience front for me.

1 hour ago, MacGafraidh said:

Started building the blast zone stand yet or does the cooncil still have you by the danglies?

There is no building work currently underway. I reckon you already knew this though and you were just trying to get a rise out of someone. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

There is no building work currently underway. I reckon you already knew this though and you were just trying to get a rise out of someone. 

Actually no, was really looking for an update (live in California "USA not Falkirk" you see) and was curious as it is a tidy wee stadium and always thought it would benefit from a 4th stand and maybe the corners filled in.  

5 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

Actually no, was really looking for an update (live in California "USA not Falkirk" you see) and was curious as it is a tidy wee stadium and always thought it would benefit from a 4th stand and maybe the corners filled in.  

13268003_10210209644700475_2239118265849074622_o.jpglike this?

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone know anything about this craic where you buy a step in the stand? Emailed the club about it as a potential xmas present for my brother but they haven't got back. We sit in the South Stand so would probably want one there rather than one we'd never see in the Main.

Falkirk Football Club.html

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cheers mate. That was as far as I had got so far, so emailed them asking about getting one in SS but no word so far

The South Stand is sponsored by Street Lighting Supplies and I think all the stairwells already have their branding attached.

Whether the club would open the South Stand up to individual fans remains to be seen. I imagine businesses pay far more than we would, but I think they only get a deal for a year whereas if a fan sponsors a step in the main stand they get it for life.

You may get an official answer on Friday. The lady in the Commercial Official who deals with steps is snowed under at the moment and is going to try and spend some time working on step sponsorship tomorrow. I imagine it's going to be quite popular in the runup to Christmas.

Does anyone know anything about this craic where you buy a step in the stand? Emailed the club about it as a potential xmas present for my brother but they haven't got back. We sit in the South Stand so would probably want one there rather than one we'd never see in the Main.

I asked about the South stand and was told it will be the main stand only. As Bainsford Bairn mentioned, the South stand is sponsored & will continue to be I think so the West stand is the only option. Until an East stand happens obviously.

18 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

This is our blueprint for the stadium. Although I should mention what you're looking at is from 2003

Cheers mate, I had assumed there was some plan, was curious how it was working cause I knew the Council were part owners (maybe full owners, I don't actually know) or wheteher you guys were maybe waiting to see if Safe Standing was gonna work at Parkheed before doing it? I say that cause if you get to the Premier then when the bigger teams come you would fill that area making it pay for itself. 

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I very much doubt that anything othee than seats will go in the East end.

Safe standing is too expensive for FFC and it certainly won't be a giant  terracing either

Why not? You don't need safe standing for the top flight, normal terracing is allowed. If you're adding a fourth side would it not be better to put up a terrace than add a stand that'd rarely have anyone in it?

Why not? You don't need safe standing for the top flight, normal terracing is allowed. If you're adding a fourth side would it not be better to put up a terrace than add a stand that'd rarely have anyone in it?

Unless the money men part funding it can add on the various facilities they want to have onto a modern terrace I very much doubt it'll be anything other than seating.