The Falkirk FC Thread

Think the consensus from most is that changes at boardroom level is essential for any meaningful change to happen. Change like a little ambition for example.

However that seems unlikely in the short term. Therefore I'm interested in hearing if there is a consensus for change regarding the manager.

I know that might be a problem as compensation needed & also poses the question of who replaces him, but I'm interested to hear what people are thinking. Should Houston be punted?

I wouldn't sack Houston at this stage. We have been dire to watch all year but we're still fourth (by default more than anything admittedly). To me that is under performance but not to the extent that we should be relieving him of his duties. He earned enough slack through our results last season.

In terms of replacements I'd be looking at:
Yogi (my personal choice by a mile but would be divisive)
Ian McCall is a winner and knows what it takes to achieve promotion
Darren Young has done brilliantly at Albion Rovers
Advertise it externally and see if anyone with a decent CV from England applies - this is a market for players we should be exploiting

I wouldn't sack Houston at this stage. We have been dire to watch all year but we're still fourth (by default more than anything admittedly). To me that is under performance but not to the extent that we should be relieving him of his duties. He earned enough slack through our results last season.

In terms of replacements I'd be looking at:
Yogi (my personal choice by a mile but would be divisive)
Ian McCall is a winner and knows what it takes to achieve promotion
Darren Young has done brilliantly at Albion Rovers
Advertise it externally and see if anyone with a decent CV from England applies - this is a market for players we should be exploiting

Used up all his slack for me & wouldn't want him to sign another player given the dross we've signed so far. Added to that I can't see how anyone can make a case for him having moved the club forward. Difficult to do with this board but have we an identity or playing style? Not for me! Over reliant on a last 10 minute flurry of action. Last year was fun but ultimately fruitless, so cheerio!

Latapy for me.

Think the consensus from most is that changes at boardroom level is essential for any meaningful change to happen. Change like a little ambition for example.

However that seems unlikely in the short term. Therefore I'm interested in hearing if there is a consensus for change regarding the manager.

I know that might be a problem as compensation needed & also poses the question of who replaces him, but I'm interested to hear what people are thinking. Should Houston be punted?

There have been changes in the Boardroom though and it is no better. What does it tell you? The power base at the club is with four men. Martin Ritchie, Douglas McIntyre, Colin Liddell and Sandy Alexander. Between them they own over 50% of the club. 3 or them have been there since 1998 the other since about 2002. Only one sits on the Board now. Until they decide they fancy re-investing again to get us up (SA bankrolled our last promotion) or sell up/move on we are where we are.

The food of champions surely.  Especially from a good butcher.

Who's your go-to butcher in south central Falkirk Tynie?

What Bainsfordbairn said on the previous page is correct. Saturday night post-match is typically the night players are allowed to indulge in whatever food they like. Not sure why anyone would have an issue with what any players have for post-match dinner anyway given it's also the night they're most likely to be getting battered into the beers and in some cases out on the piss until the wee small hours.

Not sure why anyone would have an issue with what any players have for post-match dinner anyway given it's also the night they're most likely to be getting battered into the beers and in some cases out on the piss until the wee small hours.

What a bunch of shaggers.