The Falkirk FC Thread

The likes of Beck, Bingham, Durojaiye, Roberts or Chalmers would not get a regular start in the current side.

Other than bringing Mark Millar in on loan, Holts signings were awful. He cost us promotion that season and should have been sacked before he was allowed to shuffle back to his job at Norwich.

Beck wasn't bad and Bingham seems to be doing OK for accies at the moment. Loy and Grant are also better signings than any of Houston's I'd suggest. Whilst a better manager would have probably got us up at least we made the playoffs. Houston at the moment is at risk of us missing out on them two seasons out of 3 which would frankly be unacceptable. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You should know by now that their always the last to know!!

If our website and twitter were last, then you could now go onto the webpages of the Sun, BBC, Sky, Falkirk Herald etc and see the story confirmed there. You can't because it hasn't happened.

FFC will always CONFIRM the news first - before any other media source. Nobody else gets the news to release it before the club does, at least as far as signings is concerned.

The catch is that FFC will only announce a signing after all the "I"s are dotted and "T"s crossed. I don't think we're any different from other clubs in that regard. The problem is that if news leaks from an agent, or a friend of a player etc then it makes the club look slow. They're not; they're just going by the book. 

Whether that's the case here remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, young_bairn said:

You are either a happy clapper or a boo boy on that page. Some complete roasters on it. Clear that some are losing patience with Houston as am I.

i'll let you make up your mind on that one, i dont make many points but when i do there normally greeted with very 50/50 comments.

Losing my patience this season with Houston. Ex Scotland number 2, won the cup with United and scout for Celtic so should be able to spot a player and his best position!! Currently plays Muirhead out of position, he looks like a fish out of water at RB. Continues to have faith in McCracken whose legs have gone. Grant was excellent on Saturday but was playing both CB positions!! Doesn't use Leahy further up the field sitting in front of Gallagher, Taiwo is never a right winger in a million years, continues with Kerr who is finished and keeps faith with Baird. Baird is so low in confidence in front of goal it's laughable, you could see that on Saturday. As for Shepherd, he should be no where near the squad. He isn't strong enough for a career in the ballet. The fans were screaming at the ref for a free kick down by the touchline, the truth was Shepherd was just brushed off the ball, shoulder to shoulder. Three seasons ago was showing potential, it's disappeared!!

Totally agree. I have been very critical of Muirhead but you are correct to point it that it is his consistent selection in the wrong position that is to blame. I would add that his inability stretches not just to spotting a player in the correct position but to spot a player at all. I would however argue that McCracken has been our best defender, although that says everything about those around him & the mangers selection. I would also argue that he has some fairly major flaws that have been exposed but without Grant has been needed. But I think your posts sums up nicely how I feel about the situation.