The Falkirk FC Thread

Development squad beat 4-1 last night. Christ it was like old times at TFS. Eddie May in the dugout and Falkirk getting pumped. Can't say anyone really pushed for a first team shot although Gallacher played well as usual. Defence was a shambles with Gasparotto struggling. Kidd played in midfield and did hee haw too.

Development squad beat 4-1 last night. Christ it was like old times at TFS. Eddie May in the dugout and Falkirk getting pumped. Can't say anyone really pushed for a first team shot although Gallacher played well as usual. Defence was a shambles with Gasparotto struggling. Kidd played in midfield and did hee haw too.

I though gallacher had a poor game. Absolutely no guidance from the dug out. Contrasting the hibs coaches who coached all game

I though gallacher had a poor game. Absolutely no guidance from the dug out. Contrasting the hibs coaches who coached all game

To be fair we lost 2 goals in the first few minutes. Hibs were physically stronger with more experience in the midfield which they ran. We really missed Blues in midfield and had to use full backs.

I thought O'Hara worked hard all game and never gave up.

Re the coaching I was sitting behind the dugout and May was embarrassing some of his instructions were more like tribal grunts.

19 minutes ago, hope street said:

I thought he did okay on the ball. Hibs looked like a side that play together every week where as we looked more like a side flung together.  Wouldve thought we couldve had someone like Craigen in the middle of the park instead of two defenders.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

17 hours ago, Russ said:

That season we genuinely lined up one week with a defence of Marr, McLean, Khalis, Twaddle.

That's just fucking horrific.

I think I'll repost this when our defence is getting it tight, on paper that gives me the fear and I think I'd struggle to pick a worse back 4 in my time

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Re the coaching I was sitting behind the dugout and May was embarrassing some of his instructions were more like tribal grunts.

Times have changed, I will never forget May at Perth cuddling the inside of the dug out being invisible whilst Alex Smith was doing all the barking to the team May assembled that was getting pumped.

18 hours ago, Russ said:

That season we genuinely lined up one week with a defence of Marr, McLean, Khalis, Twaddle.

That's just fucking horrific.

I'd forgotten all about Twaddle. Mr "I need at least three entire seconds between the decision to clear the ball and actually moving my foot". 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Twaddle was excellent the first time but awful when he returned. Remember him having a fantastic game in a win over Rangers playing centre half.

His attention span was poor in the centre and although he could compete well enough in Scotland, when he went to Rochdale, the manager considered him to be too slight for centre half down there.

I do recall him being a sub warming up near the corner flag and turning to clatter off the corner flag and give himself a hell of a fright and make him unsteady on his feet, really is enough to confirm the above and clearly the alledged  Hughes bully boy tactics didn't work.

60k down the toilet

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

He scored the winner that game didn't he?  Makes him a great guy for me. 

The game Stokes was suspended for 2 yellows at Fir park.

1 of those yellows was ridiculous bit I suppose we couldn't embarrass Rangers (RIP) at home

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The game Stokes was suspended for 2 yellows at Fir park.

1 of those yellows was ridiculous bit I suppose we couldn't embarrass Rangers (RIP) at home

If its the Fir Park game I'm thinking of, the ref should've had his head on a pike that day - an abysmal display at a time when Motherwell were as favoured by the SPL as the Glasgow Twins for absolutely "impartial" treatment.  Anyway, as it turned out, even without Stokes the following week, we DID indeed embarrass the Guards of the old Derry Wall. Ha fecking ha. Twaddle's finest hour.