The Falkirk FC Thread

"Must be good if Carlisle signed him" - and then saw him in training and didn't play him
"FIFA 17 managers think they know it all" - as well as his real life manager at Carlisle who barely let him get a minute on the park

I hope you're right but this smacks of another lazy signing that continues our reversion to the mean in the middle of the Championship. 

At least give the boy a chance. No one is jumping up and down thinking he is the next messi, but at least fair minded are not condemning him before he kicks a ball for us. He maybe dogshite, he may not. Welcome to TFS

Wouldn't get a game for Morton. That's what we're aspiring to. 

You like me have seen many players who couldn't get a game elsewhere over the years who have turned out decent, or have been the opposite.

Judge him in a blue jersey

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Wouldn't get a game for Morton. That's what we're aspiring to. 

To be fair on that, there aren't many (if any) players at this level or within reach of this level that Morton fans would trade for any of our starting midfield right now.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

To be fair on that, there aren't many (if any) players at this level or within reach of this level that Morton fans would trade for any of our starting midfield right now.

This is true, due to signing well on a modest budget.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

A fair point. That comes with a decent signing policy and scouting I guess. 

Can't say I'm overly impressed at signing a player who broke one of ours legs the season before with an awful tackle. Disagree that we don't need another central midfielder though. We badly need a proper attacking midfielder . One that can support the strikers. Will be interesting to see who gets dropped for him though. Kerr is your sitting mid so it really should be Sibbald that makes way .

A fair point. That comes with a decent signing policy and scouting I guess. 

Morton is built on a few loan players.

We sign loan players Falkirk fans moan, we sign players on permanent deals Falkirk fans moan.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You like me have seen many players who couldn't get a game elsewhere over the years who have turned out decent, or have been the opposite.

Judge him in a blue jersey

Absolutely..craw wasn't rated at accies or Clyde but was amazing for us..ill give him a chance in the Kerr jersey cause marks had one season too many

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Morton is built on a few loan players.

We sign loan players Falkirk fans moan, we sign players on permanent deals Falkirk fans moan.

Not really. We only have two, one of which was suspended at the weekend and we still bodied Ayr. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Not really. We only have two, one of which was suspended at the weekend and we still bodied Ayr. 

Its actually 3- Nesbitt, Lindsay and Shankland.

Going back to the original point though, to say we are built on loans is crazy. We have some cracking players on our own books- Russell, quitongo, Murdoch, Oliver, Forbes, Tidser, Oware and most of them would walk into any team below us on this seasons form.

Hopefully he's got the ability to go box to box as we badly need a player like that. Can't help feeling there may have been some better options out there though.

Who?

Can't say I'm overly impressed at signing a player who broke one of ours legs the season before with an awful tackle. Disagree that we don't need another central midfielder though. We badly need a proper attacking midfielder . One that can support the strikers. Will be interesting to see who gets dropped for him though. Kerr is your sitting mid so it really should be Sibbald that makes way .

Part of our problem is Kerr doesn't get forward. McKee will definitely be pushing Kerr

13 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Three - Nesbitt, Lindsay, Shankland.

McKee goes down as an entirely ordinary player. I'd have happily kept him as cover in the summer but wasn't bothered he left either and definitely wouldn't have him back now.

He signed ahead of the 13/14 season and spent much of it injured after going off in the second league game against Falkirk, but when he did return he was mince. He was then mince again in League One, save for the occasional man of the match performance which was followed by disappearing for weeks, and was another name on the list of players who were widely expected to be punted that summer who Duffy kept and suddenly turned into a player. For a time towards the end of last season he was in better form than Ross Forbes but that was probably more down to Forbes going through a bad spell than McKee being anything special - he proved himself to be capable of being competent at this level in that spell, but ultimately in three seasons with the club he had a good six months.

Its actually 3- Nesbitt, Lindsay and Shankland.
Going back to the original point though, to say we are built on loans is crazy. We have some cracking players on our own books- Russell, quitongo, Murdoch, Oliver, Forbes, Tidser, Oware and most of them would walk into any team below us on this seasons form.

I think what I meant was that you use loans more than we have. Outside goalkeepers most have been gash. Morton seem to always do better then we do.