The Falkirk FC Thread

Great performance from the off yesterday. No failures. Leahys distribution at times was poor and still think Muirhead is a better CB but took his penalty well in the corner. Grant is back to his commanding best and was unlucky with a header that their keeper did well to keep out. Austin is built like Shepherd but is far more effective. I would start him if Baird still struggling. Craigen was excellent, pleased for the lad he got a goal. Sibbald always beats his man in tight situations. Onwards and upwards, shame it's taken so long for us to have a settled team. COYB

I'd say Austin has more about him than Shepherd both in terms of physique and height.

That and he can actually play football obviously.

Can't believe how far Shepherd has gone backwards. I actually thought a few years back that we might have a half decent player there for the future when he was coming off the bench! Can't see it now. His confidence has gone and just seems to run about a lot with a poor first touch and no end product.

The press asked Sibbalds future  in a media conference recently and it was stated that he had been offered a new contract. I know he's not the only one.
The club don't publicise contract offers until they've been accepted, though if someone asks a specific question in a public forum they'll often get an answer. Which is why, from memory, it was discovered at the AGM a year ago that Alston had been offered a new deal.
You're unlikely to hear anything until the players sign extensions. And how long that takes is up to them and their agents.

14 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Sure it was a 2.5 year deal.

I hope you guys are right as hes an important player.  I can't see Shepherd getting punted. Houston seems to rate him and said at the agm he would be getting offered a new deal along with Sibbs. He needs to start transferring some of his Development league form into the first team . I know its a different level but its not as big a difference as he makes it look.

I hope you guys are right as hes an important player.  I can't see Shepherd getting punted. Houston seems to rate him and said at the agm he would be getting offered a new deal along with Sibbs. He needs to start transferring some of his Development league form into the first team . I know its a different level but its not as big a difference as he makes it look.

Do you go to any development games?

It really is comparing men against boys.

Shepherd might do a job down the leagues but not at Falkirk.

Didn't Baird just trigger a new deal?

Although McHugh can't get in the starting 11 right now I'd definitely keep him for next season. He's our only senior striker with any pace and I like his all round play. More likely to be a Baird/McHugh & Austin partnership next season with BSLM coming off the bench 

You'd think O'Hara would be pushing for a place as well.

As others have said, it's difficult to see where Shepherd would get a look in 

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Although McHugh can't get in the starting 11 right now I'd definitely keep him for next season. He's our only senior striker with any pace and I like his all round play. More likely to be a Baird/McHugh & Austin partnership next season with BSLM coming off the bench 

Baird was found out in the Premier before so I'd prefer to see someone brought in to partner Austin, a BSLM-type to bully the defences of Aberdeen & Hearts.

39 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

McHugh's problem is he does not work hard enough IMO. I think Austin coming on Saturday told us exactly where the managers thought process is now. He won't be with us next season IMO.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I cant speak for training etc but I certainly have never taken issue with Sir Bobs workrate and would be happy to keep him at the club. He is a very intelligent footballer for me and Austin/O'Hara etc can learn a lot from him IMO.

He doesn't work nearly as hard as Baird IMO. Baird can be awful but he rarely hides, he always shows where I think McHugh can disappear in games. IMO McHugh wont get another contract especially if Austin shows like he did on Saturday. 2nd half he ripped the Dundee Utd backline apart at times.

Hardly a fair comparison since Id struggle to fill one hand counting the number of players who work as hard as John Baird

Let's wait and see. He doesn't do enough or he would be in the team IMO if he did.

Austin played well on Saturday but he kind of reminded me of Taylor Morgan.... it was his first proper introduction so probably quite harsh. McHugh hopefully will get us over the line for 2nd [emoji1360]

Reminded you of Taylor Morgan?

oooofffftttttt

Prove me wrong Austin Prove me wrong!

Prove you wrong?

He doesn't need to do anything like that he already has. Austin scored a bundle of goals at a level that Morgan could not get a game in.

Prove you wrong?

He doesn't need to do anything like that he already has. Austin scored a bundle of goals at a level that Morgan could not get a game in.

Fair enough, I just felt his movement was quite Morgan esq. Has pace to burn mind you, should do a job beside BSLM.

I can't really remember much about Taylor TBH. Where is he even these days?

Fair enough, I just felt his movement was quite Morgan esq. Has pace to burn mind you, should do a job beside BSLM.

I can't really remember much about Taylor TBH. Where is he even these days?

You have just contradicted yourself there.

34 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Austin played well on Saturday but he kind of reminded me of Taylor Morgan.... it was his first proper introduction so probably quite harsh. McHugh hopefully will get us over the line for 2nd emoji1360.png

This is genuinely mental. What exactly reminded you of Taylor Morgan about his play?