The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Has Paul McMullan that was at the pars last year signed for anyone yet? Always thought he looked half dangerous against us and he's a local lad. Good winger down the right.

Think he's still with Celtic as far as I know. He's a wee sand dancer IMO, not half the player his dad was.

Serious question for those not renewing STs until X person/type of player has signed.

Say we don't, are you just going to stop going? Or only go if we are winning?

I want us to go up as badly as the next person but what's the alternative? Shopping with the mrs or soft play with the kids? Feck off.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's negative, the academy system gets the investment and rightly so. It has to produce the goods and give these players a chance. Not everyone will make it by many will. if they don't make it then we know the scouting and coaching system is not fit for purpose and do something about it. if they do make the grade we get the young talent producing the goods and get the financial payoff to invest further in the future when they move on. Remember the exact same thing being said to me when the likes of Abel , Shirra , Hoggan , Mcleod, Somner, Harley , Young, Fowler and Wheatley first started playing and went on to be good players for Falkirk. The other option is to go with journeymen and hope for the best and see where that got us.

You can't just fling 4 or 5 youngsters into the team and hope for the best. Your lucky if u get one decent player coming through a year and it's very rare that none are introduced into the first team consistently. This year it should be Gallacher that pins down the left back spot if he's still here by the time the season starts. In recent years we've soon o'hara and shepherd. Next season in sure it'll be someone else.

Serious question for those not renewing STs until X person/type of player has signed.

I want us to go up as badly as the next person but what's the alternative? Shopping with the mrs or soft play with the kids? Feck off.

I play amateur football but still buy my season ticket for when I can make it for 6 or 7 games a season and my dad takes it every other time. I do it out of loyalty and I hope that never changes.

I understand there are seasons when spending will be limited due to many factors but this season isn't one of them. It's time to show some ambition for once.

If Houston does not buy superstars that have international recognition I am not going to buy a season ticket for the team I have followed for 50 years. Instead I intend to walk behind the wife round Falkirk town centre on a match day or perhaps go and watch Kemlin Juniors!
What a load of pish!
I will be there with my ticket every Saturday I am not working and cheer when we are playing well and shout that's a heap of crap Fawkurk when things are bad. I will back every new signing till they make one bad decision then post that Houstons a idiot for signing them. I will think every young player who breaks through is the new messiah till they prove that they are not ( or sometimes are )
It's the Falkirk Way and always will be

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I make it to approximately half the home games a season, so my ST is not great value for a start. My job means I generally miss the play offs when we make them, and as I stated earlier, my sprogs are doing well at their sports and that can mean days or whole weekends away.

I go to games in the car, from #perthshire, by myself (sometimes take one of the sprogs) so there's no group of boys for me to have a laugh in the pub with. I know approximately 2 other people who attend, and they are irregular attendees too.

So yeah, at the moment the promise of 8 or 9 games of humdrum action is not exactly enticing me to open my wallet.

I always buy a ST and I work a lot of Saturdays ( about one in three) When I don't go I give it to a friend or family member. Since I have been doing this 4 people I know now buy their own.

We are a community club. The BOD have the job of keeping us solvent and as much as I hate the tight fisted gits they have done that. Okay I would like them to splash out a wee bit more this season as we have more chance of winning than before but not if it puts us back into the times of Fulston or the Deans territory.

Part of being a fan is watching the papers during the summer ( being Falkirk it is usually a wee snippet on the fourth back page ) waiting to see a signing or two. When this happens a lot of people on here and OneF will reliably tell us it is a shit lazy signing and they are crap.

It has always happened and always will. It is what makes it fun.

I make it to approximately half the home games a season, so my ST is not great value for a start. My job means I generally miss the play offs when we make them, and as I stated earlier, my sprogs are doing well at their sports and that can mean days or whole weekends away.
I go to games in the car, from #perthshire, by myself (sometimes take one of the sprogs) so there's no group of boys for me to have a laugh in the pub with. I know approximately 2 other people who attend, and they are irregular attendees too.
So yeah, at the moment the promise of 8 or 9 games of humdrum action is not exactly enticing me to open my wallet.

Pretty much mirrors my position. I'll likely renew all 3 tickets though. Waiting till I get paid on 27th and just before early bird ends

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Most people end up coughing up eventually anyway . I do feel though that perhaps holding on to the cash for a few weeks to see what happens might give the bod a bit of a kick up the arse. 

I imagine nothing apart from a literal kick up the arse would make our board take notice of us mere 'customers'.

12 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Charlie Telfer released. Could do a job for us maybe? If a Dundee United/Livi fan is passing through this thread, whats your thoughts on him? I've not seen enough of him but recall him being raved about at Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

United fans think he's muck, and hate the fact they were made to pay 200k by a tribunal to assist an ailing zombieco.

Apart from that, he's muck, and we don't need yet another midfielder.

He's not muck (in my opinion) but he's awfy lightweight and lacks dig. On the plus side he's got very decent technique but you can count on one hand the number of good games he's had in his three years at the United. He had a brief spell earlier this season where it looked like he might develop but it all fizzled out again. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him dropping down a level and kicking on but on balance I suspect he's more likely to continue dropping.

He did score number six though, so not all bad.