The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Not the same fella that was the manager of Ayr 93-95? I was born in 90 so wouldn't know :-) 

Aye, same boy.

Footballing legend over here, hated in Ayrshire for filling the team with absolute shite. To be fair, he was an agent at the time!

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Aye, same boy.

Footballing legend over here, hated in Ayrshire for filling the team with absolute shite. To be fair, he was an agent at the time!

See :-) I had a wee peek at other threads and learned something :-) 

Used to grudge Falkirk games, always brought a good team. The likes of John Hughes, Russell Latapy and Pedro Moutinho always ran rings around the Ayr players at the time. I always remember a game I thought Ayr had won hands down, lost 4-3. 

Good days :-) (for falkirk fans) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

Used to grudge Falkirk games, always brought a good team. The likes of John Hughes, Russell Latapy and Pedro Moutinho always ran rings around the Ayr players at the time. I always remember a game I thought Ayr had won hands down, lost 4-3. 
I was at that game. didn't Derek McWilliams score a hatrick?

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
41 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I was at that game. didn't Derek McWilliams score a hatrick?

I honestly couldn't tell you :-) It was one of my earlier games.

I just remember Ayr scoring, me celebrating, falkirk kicking off and Latapy scoring less than 10 seconds later. 

48 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That was my best time following the Bairns.

I'm sure that game was our first live appearance on Sky Sports, could be wrong though.

The sight of the home end at Brockville packed like that is a magical thing emoji24.png

Agree Harry but I always thought it was on BSB before they were bought over by Sky. Mind the old Squarial ?? I’ve learned tonight that it was on Sky.!

We has a brilliant team then. What I would give for a player like Gunner McWilliams now.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree Harry but I always thought it was on BSB before they were bought over by Sky. Mind the old Squarial ?? I’ve learned tonight that it was on Sky.!

We has a brilliant team then. What I would give for a player like Gunner McWilliams now.

I'd take anyone from those teams. McGivern. A young Eddie May before he went to Fife. Stainrod. McWilliams. A four year old Chrunchie looking like he had ricketts

I mind they square dishes. A lot of folk preferred them as they were smaller than the old sky dishes.

Watching Falkirk in those days was an absolute pleasure, we had goals throughout the team and the defence was solid.

Our away support in they days was amazing, 5 - 6000 travelling to the likes of Airdrie.

They were most definitely the good old days.

Sorry young uns, auld fart reminiscing here.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I mind they square dishes. A lot of folk preferred them as they were smaller than the old sky dishes.

Watching Falkirk in those days was an absolute pleasure, we had goals throughout the team and the defence was solid.

Our away support in they days was amazing, 5 - 6000 travelling to the likes of Airdrie.

I think lots of us had them in Grangemouth Harry cos an individual was selling them cheap haha.

Aye mind of going to Kilbowie the day we won the league and there seemed to be about 10000 of us there.

Good times.

I think lots of us had them in Grangemouth Harry cos an individual was selling them cheap haha.
Aye mind of going to Kilbowie the day we won the league and there seemed to be about 10000 of us there.
Good times.
We regularly took huge numbers in they days. Kilbowie was roasting that day, was a brilliant atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Good times.

We regularly took huge numbers in they days. Kilbowie was roasting that day, was a brilliant atmosphere.

I was working in Edinburgh that morning and a few of us went through on a car. The tailbacks were horrendous but what a day.

That video I posted above was a capacity crowd of 13000 at Brockville. I can still remember the sound of a boys ribs cracking behind the goals at the home end against a barrier. 

Those were certainly some days. 

24 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great days indeed ! great team , great players , and games played with style and panache. It was the nearest a Falkirk team has ever come to the Gold standard of the Willie Cunningham era. 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Great days indeed ! great team , great players , and games played with style and panache. It was the nearest a Falkirk team has ever come to the Gold standard of the Willie Cunningham era. 

We had actually mentally beat a lot of teams before they came into the Brockville pitch in those years.

Stainrod was a sight to behold. Never seen a player with so much self confidence. Simon made Ronaldo seem like a self doubter.

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

Here's a flashback for the older amongst us and a lesson for the young uns.

With apologies to @Roxanne's man if still around.

Stainrod, McGivern, May, McWilliams. What a fucking team, right enough.

What a wonderful memory - if I recall correctly a balmy Monday evening too

My abiding memory is the Super Simon cross for Sammy to score the second - pure class as he used outside of right foot going down left wing when he could have easily used his left foot