The Falkirk FC Thread

You get the feeling that a lot really rests on Saturday, the difference 3 points on the board could make could define how our season goes.

Get pumped and we could be 5 games in and no points as I wouldn't fancy going to Dingwall and Ayr with no points.

Just hope Hartley puts players in their right positions and we go for it

Can't wait for Saturday, this break pish has been torture.

Partick reported to have signed coulibally that was at killie. Hes a cracking player and exactly what we're needing.  Never mind we've got turner , o'hara and mackin so why would we need him. Missed out big time if that deal is completed.

Partick reported to have signed coulibally that was at killie. Hes a cracking player and exactly what we're needing.  Never mind we've got turner , o'hara and mackin so why would we need him. Missed out big time if that deal is completed.
You think that type of signing is within our budget?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

You think that type of signing is within our budget?

If Thistle can sign him then it's not outwith the realms of possibility that we could've signed him.

Guest Back Post Misses
losing the academy investing the academy funds to the 1st team,

We cut the Academy and U20 squads so the 1st team budget wasn’t decimated. Which in effect is the same thing but stopping a cut is what happened not given us a huge up on last years budget

Guest Back Post Misses
If Thistle can sign him then it's not outwith the realms of possibility that we could've signed him.

Of course it is he wasn’t watched but the English scout

I dont know a huge amount about Thistles finances, but it doesnt seem like the kind of signing that would be realistic for us.

I get the impression folk are thinking aling the lines of "well Thistle are in our league" which is irrelevant when it comes to finances available for this type of signing.

Guest Back Post Misses

Was thinking earlier it has been very skilful how much our club has been fucked up in just over a year by the CEO, Chairwoman and Hartley

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Don't they just bankroll the academy?

Correct. They invest in infrastructure, which possibly frees up some more funds for the playing side of the club but they aren't directly bankrolling marquee signings.

Was thinking earlier it has been very skilful how much our club has been fucked up in just over a year by the CEO, Chairwoman and Hartley
Equally, how much more fucked would it be if not for Hartley?

You have written off what he did last season in favour of judging him on a handful of games?

Guest Back Post Misses
Equally, how much more fucked would it be if not for Hartley?

You have written off what he did last season in favour of judging him on a handful of games?

That is why I am not fingering Hartley as the only problem.

I am always hopefully but I am still to see any signs we have signed the quality promised throughout the summer. I hope I am wrong