The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I believe he had seen most of the players signed

Needs his fucking eyes looked at then. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You either spend it now or January but you need to spend. Waiting till January will be too late IMO.

Have you time to bring in a new manager and 4/5 players in a week. Doubt it. So Hartley either makes best of what he has brought in, gets cash to bring in more or they bag him and hope someone else can get a team together out of this shower of shite.

I still conclude we are in the shit what ever

He'll get to Christmas. Problem is, if we do that, we need a replacement lined up and ready to go for when the window opens again. And he needs to be given serious money and a list of good players to go with it. If Ritchie doesn't want to finance the effort, then his dinner is out. 

Looking at the squad we now have I think it would be really difficult for a new manager to get a team capable of winning.

I would go back to a 4-4-2 as that's twice I have seen us play with 3 at the back and we don't have the players capable of playing it.

I can't remember in my 45 years of supporting Falkirk a squad with so many poor players. I wonder has Hartley actually seen many of them playing before.

Without a good 5 or 6 signings which is never happening we are headed for League 1.

47 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Looking at the squad we now have I think it would be really difficult for a new manager to get a team capable of winning.

I would go back to a 4-4-2 as that's twice I have seen us play with 3 at the back and we don't have the players capable of playing it.

I can't remember in my 45 years of supporting Falkirk a squad with so many poor players. I wonder has Hartley actually seen many of them playing before.

Without a good 5 or 6 signings which is never happening we are headed for League 1.

It'll need to happen, or an even bigger outlay will be needed to get us back out of League 1. On the bright(?) side, if we do go down, there will need to be a clear out of every single person even remotely connected with this shambles, right up to the boardroom. f**k knows who would be daft enough to take over though. We best start buying lottery tickets. 

44 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
3 hours ago, wee_bairn said:
That Petravicious corner kick is up there with the Phil Roberts meltdown at Alloa for me. Absolute comedy gold. 

He really needs to start thinking about a change of career. There is no way he should be making a living playing professional football.

Sadly, you could probably make that argument for a quarter of the players playing in this league. 

I reckon if Hartley hasn't gone by this time tomorrow, then he'll need the frankly impossible task of 3 wins and a draw from the next 4 games to even remotely buy back some good faith with the fans. 

Guest Back Post Misses
He'll get to Christmas. Problem is, if we do that, we need a replacement lined up and ready to go for when the window opens again. And he needs to be given serious money and a list of good players to go with it. If Ritchie doesn't want to finance the effort, then his dinner is out. 

Ritchie WILL NOT finance anything nor will any other member of the MSG. What is it going to take for fans to realise where fundamentally the issue lies? Plan after plan. Strategy after strategy. Still the same old shite. It is a heart breaking watch.

6 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’d still rather he was given the chance to turn it around. If it gets to 5 games and no points, I’ll hold my hands up.

How bad do we really need to be before he has to go. We've not even played the teams that will most likely be challenging for the title this season and yet we've not even looked like winning a game. Every week he stays is another week someone could be using to turn is around.

Guest Back Post Misses

We could not afford to go down unless someone/group bank rolled it.

This is getting serious.

The owners have agreed to a plan devised by their CEO and allowed it to go unchecked even when everyone can see it is unraveling in front of their eyes. I remember them doing something similar when Hughes left. That went well too.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

We could not afford to go down unless someone/group bank rolled it.

This is getting serious.

The owners have agreed to a plan devised by their CEO and allowed it to go unchecked even when everyone can see it is unraveling in front of their eyes. I remember them doing something similar when Hughes left. That went well too.

I agree mate. If we replace hartley and allow a new manager to bring in players then i'd hate to see our financial state come may. Thats whats needing done though. Its an utter disgrace that we're pissing money away trying to keep us from relegation and not trying to win this bloody league.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ritchie WILL NOT finance anything nor will any other member of the MSG. What is it going to take for fans to realise where fundamentally the issue lies? Plan after plan. Strategy after strategy. Still the same old shite. It is a heart breaking watch.

I know that. I was merely pointing out that that is what needs to happen. If the board wants to be seen as safe custodians of the club, this is the time to open the loan book again. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

How bad do we really need to be before he has to go. We've not even played the teams that will most likely be challenging for the title this season and yet we've not even looked like winning a game. Every week he stays is another week someone could be using to turn is around.

The inevitable 5-0 coming next week will seal his fate. Especially if he keeps up his "everybody is at fault but me" pish. 

5 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

That Petravicious corner kick is up there with the Phil Roberts meltdown at Alloa for me. Absolute comedy gold. 

It's like he doesn't understand how the ball will react when he kicks it, it's just weird. They train on that pitch every day and the dimensions don't change, surely to f**k he knows how hard to hit a corner? 

10 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Just comes like an absolute p***k when he talks, players just not doing the basics right etc etc when he is going to question his own methods, McGhee and Lewis pretty much confirming in their interviews that the training isn’t too competitive which really reflects in which what we have been watching recently.

I've been watching 'all or nothing' the man City documentary, great watch by the way, and while you can't compare pep guardiola and Paul Hartley in terms of talent, you just know Hartley doesn't talk to his players the way pep does, and doesn't have the man to man relationships that pep does. They are both managers of football clubs but light years apart. It's hard to respect someone that talks to you like shite and doesn't believe in you, which is exactly how I view Hartley in that dressing room. A wee fanny. 

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I can't remember in my 45 years of supporting Falkirk a squad with so many poor players. 

1976-77 - finished bottom of what is now the Championship, with 6 wins all season, and relegated to the bottom tier - Montrose in the same league had more than double the points that Falkirk got.

1977-78 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing 5th in the bottom league of 14

1978-79 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing behind mediocre clubs like Berwick, Montrose, Arbroath and Clyde in the league structure.

This current mob don't get anywhere close to the full horrors of the past. Yet.

1976-77 - finished bottom of what is now the Championship, with 6 wins all season, and relegated to the bottom tier - Montrose in the same league had more than double the points that Falkirk got.
1977-78 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing 5th in the bottom league of 14
1978-79 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing behind mediocre clubs like Berwick, Montrose, Arbroath and Clyde in the league structure.
This current mob don't get anywhere close to the full horrors of the past. Yet.
Give them time [emoji16]

Has he gone yet?

ETA - Eddie May walked after the first shouts from the crowd, Houston went days after the South Stand called for him to go. Yesterday was louder, more prolonged, from more areas of the ground and with more venom than either

Edited by NewBornBairn