The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m pretty sure I’m in a minority of one in wanting Hartley given the opportunity to turn it around, I was the same with Houston.
What I do agree with is that the way the club is run is a complete shambles and has no respect for us as fans. From the academy closure being leaked to the press before any kids were told, a lifelong fan and volunteer practically ignored when he needed help, the CEO publicly threatening legal action against fans (over a badge we no longer had a fucking trademark for). The boardroom doesn’t give a shit about fans unless we are making them money. I want us to aim our shouts towards them rather than a guy who turned our season around last year but is now struggling. The board need to know we are the lifeblood behind this club and it’s about time we were shown that respect, we won’t stand for it anymore!

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Forgot the other comedy moment. Queens corner in front of the SS. As the ball comes over EVERY SINGLE FALKIRK PLAYER bar the keeper ran towards the ball as it sailed over them landing on the napper of a surprised Queens midget on the edge of the 12 yard line giving him a free header. Which he missed, probably from laughing so hard. 

Yep,  Kyle Jacobs had plenty of space and time to bring the ball down, play keepy-uppy for a while and still get a shot in.  He does have habit of thinking he's taller than he is and going for headers which he stretches for.  

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

That to me sounds like a certain tramp isn't even covering the basics in training. I mean, for f**k sake, primary school. Midget on each post, big defender on the biggest guy and someone ready to deal with a short ball. Then you keep an eye on the flight of the ball, shouldn't be difficult to go over in training. Deeply worrying. 

Certain Tramp. Hehe. Made me laugh. That’s exactly what Hartley is.

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’m pretty sure I’m in a minority of one in wanting Hartley given the opportunity to turn it around, I was the same with Houston.
What I do agree with is that the way the club is run is a complete shambles and has no respect for us as fans. From the academy closure being leaked to the press before any kids were told, a lifelong fan and volunteer practically ignored when he needed help, the CEO publicly threatening legal action against fans (over a badge we no longer had a fucking trademark for). The boardroom doesn’t give a shit about fans unless we are making them money. I want us to aim our shouts towards them rather than a guy who turned our season around last year but is now struggling. The board need to know we are the lifeblood behind this club and it’s about time we were shown that respect, we won’t stand for it anymore!

Give it up mate. The guys had a decent wedge to spend on players and has pissed it all down the drain. Theres a lot wrong with the club but hartley has one of the biggest budgets in the league and is going to get us relegated.

I was there yesterday; I suffered in the South Stand with so many others.

Is it not time for a total clean out before Paul Hartley, his useless coaching team, the CEO and the rest of the Board drive this club in to the abyss of part-time football and  Scottish League Division 1. 

Has anyone ever heard of a Championship club ever bringing in 16 new players for a season before? Maybe that's because it doesn't work  Then Hartley has the cheek to blame his wholly maverick strategy for our predicament!! I'm afraid there is a worrying dis-junction between what he does and what he says; I wonder if he talks about himself in the third person?

Itis his team, his strategy, his tactics. HIS FAILURE and the failure of the shirts and blouses that gave him free reign to adopt this bizarre approach to winning a championship. Go now the lot of you PLEASE. 

Edited by ATB1961
typo

8 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

I was there yesterday; I suffered in the South Stand with so many others.

Is it not time for a total clean out before Paul Hartley, his useless coaching team, the CEO and the rest of the Board drive this club in to the abyss of part-time football and  Scottish League Division 1. 

Has anyone ever heard of a Championship club ever bringing in 16 new players for a season before? Maybe that's because it doesn't work  Then Hartley has the cheek to blame his wholly maverick strategy for our predicament!! I'm afraid there is a worrying dis-junction between what he does and what he says; I wonder if he talks about himself in the third person?

Itis his time team, his strategy, his tactics. HIS FAILURE and the failure of the shirts and blouses that gave him free reign to adopt this bizarre approach to winning a championship. Go now the lot of you PLEASE. 

If we'd kept some of last years team we wouldnt be nearly as bad.

Fasan

Robson

Muirhead

Mcghee

Tumilty

Sibbald

Taiwo

Irving

Greenwood

Haber

Longridge.

Perhaps not world beaters but certainly better than that shite yesterday. 

Easy now to see why sibbald jumped ship. Obviously saw this coming and was desperate to get out. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

Itis his time team, his strategy, his tactics. HIS FAILURE and the failure of the shirts and blouses that gave him free reign to adopt this bizarre approach to winning a championship

Wait - that's what you've been aiming for this season?

Image result for mourinho laughing gif

Guest Back Post Misses

Yeah but two weeks ago, I dont think you could have predicted a performance like yesterday was coming tbh. I doubt even Shadwell would have thought it was going to get significantly worse in our two weeks off rather than slightly better as time went on. I had seen shite performances but with wee shoots of something to be built upon. Not only have we not built, but we appear to have killed the shoots.

This is why I think we have a broken camp rather than simply players that arent good enough. They probably arent good enoigh to acheive promotion. I do not believe for a second that they are not good enough to muster a shot on target in a home game, unless there is some other factor at play here.

And tbh, it really isnt hard to believe Hartley might have ostrasised himself from the players.

If you check back I said if Harkins and Dobbie turned it on I predict we would get a doing. The players were not good enough, the Montrose game was the first warning sign for me. If anything it is getting gradually worse. I also said a back three would give Dobbie too much space. Hartley picked the team and shape which was nearly what I predicted and the result was too.

Give it up mate. The guys had a decent wedge to spend on players and has pissed it all down the drain. Theres a lot wrong with the club but hartley has one of the biggest budgets in the league and is going to get us relegated.

I can’t. I will admit I am the least reactionary person on the planet (unless it’s something good). I have said if over the next 2 league games nothing changes I’ll give up, call it naivety, stupidity or whatever but I’m not ready to right him off just yet.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I can’t. I will admit I am the least reactionary person on the planet (unless it’s something good). I have said if over the next 2 league games nothing changes I’ll give up, call it naivety, stupidity or whatever but I’m not ready to right him off just yet.

I just dont see what he can do with this bunch. As they say you cant polish a turd. Unless he brings in 4 or 5 better players before next sat then nothing will change.

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:
8 hours ago, wee_bairn said:
That Petravicious corner kick is up there with the Phil Roberts meltdown at Alloa for me. Absolute comedy gold. 

He really needs to start thinking about a change of career. There is no way he should be making a living playing professional football.

He's got another 2yr thanks to us 

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Fair play to Jordan McGhee for his post match interview. Could see he was raging and definitely undertones of alluding to half the team being shite .

Jordan is never fullback tho, he can do a job but its Muirhead pt 2

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I was worried when we could hardly get out of our own half in the friendly against TNS tbh. I’m also not so convinced that we weren’t bothered in the Betfred cup and we were really that bad.
We didn’t have a shot on target yesterday and I’m not sure we had more than one at home to ICT either. There were some positive signs in the second half against Thistle but I tempered that at the time recognising that Thistle took their foot off the gas at 2-0.
The big problem now is that the argument (or hope) that the issue was that players were being played out of position is not there after yesterday. We can now see why Hartley was setting us up so defensive.
We may be this season’s Brechin....at least until Christmas.

I dont think he is setting us up defensively. I think he is failing to get the players to understand their roles and interactions with one another.

What is playing one up top v seaside league teams ?

The partick formation was 9 players behind the ball and one up top first half.

He is defensive first and was one of the fears I had when he got the gig as his Dundee team in this league were turgid defensive and scraped wins

Would much prefer him going, and someone new getting a go at fixing it. The CEO needs to go too. He was up for the bold new world statement, but now it seems, he not so keen on the communication malarky that he was trumpeting a few short months ago. Another fake in a suit. Bet he owns a view Ralph Lauren shirts and a couple of pairs of Oxford shoes.

Once again FFC manage to alienate the support, and only a few months into their bold new vision. Laughable.

That to me sounds like a certain tramp isn't even covering the basics in training. I mean, for f**k sake, primary school. Midget on each post, big defender on the biggest guy and someone ready to deal with a short ball. Then you keep an eye on the flight of the ball, shouldn't be difficult to go over in training. Deeply worrying. 
When we were setting up for that corner I said to my mate that no one was defending the posts. Basic stuff which makes you wonder what are we doing in training.

if its money thats the issue I'd almost rather we worked with a makeshift manager for the rest of the season. he seriously can't do any worse than what we've seen this season. let Hartley and his asst and scout go now and let totten oversee it with McGhee

McGhee? On the basis of what? Surely not serious

Also, I loved Totten, but far too long out to pasture to come in as a manager. No way.

Just now, bridge of allan bairn said:

if its money thats the issue I'd almost rather we worked with a makeshift manager for the rest of the season. he seriously can't do any worse than what we've seen this season. let Hartley and his asst and scout go now and let totten oversee it with McGhee

Theres guys out there doing nothing that would welcome the job. Tottens time is well past.