The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, virginton said:

Robbie Neilson :lol: Yes, a manager who turned down Saint Mirren for having a crap budget and no ambition is going to jump at the chance to manage your rabble at the moment. 

You'll be getting a choice of Jim Duffy or a couple of other out of work dinosaurs and you'll like it. 

Your probably right although he'll need to get back into football at some point whilst he still has some relevance.  Hopkin or mcintyre would be decent options. Just thank feck Ray Mckinnons taken. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

As part of my day job I have to study what the persons body language is saying. If you watch Hartleys video it tells a lot. He gives almost no eye contact with Lewis and looks at the ground or off camera a lot. This usually means that the person is not actually believing what he is saying. We can never see his eyes. Pre season he was giving direct eye contact and hi shoulders were raised. That is the look of an angry man. He does not understand why the team are not doing as asked and he said I will work them hard?
The way he is treating them is giving them no confidence as if it is not the Hartley way it is not happening. We need a manager who sits the players down and says we are shit and how can WE fix it

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your probably right although he'll need to get back into football at some point whilst he still has some relevance.  Hopkin or mcintyre would be decent options. Just thank feck Ray Mckinnons taken. 

Trying to think who'd be the most Falkirky Board appointment possible..

Alex Rae maybe. 

The next board appointment will be Paul Hartley.

No pay off, no compensation to another club. A guy who has been there done that, got stuff right, got stuff wrong.

The board are sure he will have learned from his mistakes, and will see the current situation as “Fergie First Season Syndrome”.

35 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes we all know that. Not quite sure what your point is mate?

You said Alex Smith made it clear that he only wanted to be caretaker manager for a couple of games, as if that’s why he would be ruled out. Surely the fact that he lives in the other side of the planet was the more obvious reason?

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The next board appointment will be Paul Hartley.

No pay off, no compensation to another club. A guy who has been there done that, got stuff right, got stuff wrong.

The board are sure he will have learned from his mistakes, and will see the current situation as “Fergie First Season Syndrome”.

Exactly what i was thinking mate.

Anyone know who would be considered “knowledgeable football people” on our BoD?

My worry is Hartley could easily persuade MR that “these are all fine chaps, and in few weeks, they will blossom into title contenders”. I guess the rest are equally as gullible?

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

You said Alex Smith made it clear that he only wanted to be caretaker manager for a couple of games, as if that’s why he would be ruled out. Surely the fact that he lives in the other side of the planet was the more obvious reason?

Sorry m8 perhaps i didnt word it right. Last season smith made it clear he only wanted it for a couple of games totten would be the same this season. We have 33 games to go however. It was in reply to them being in the same age bracket.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyone know who would be considered “knowledgeable football people” on our BoD?

My worry is Hartley could easily persuade MR that “these are all fine chaps, and in few weeks, they will blossom into title contenders”. I guess the rest are equally as gullible?

Thats a major issue we have.Our bod have no football knowledge whatsoever. Just speak to any of them. Its like having a chat with your granny about fitba.

Edited by Shodwall cat

For some time now the academy has been our get out of jail card, but not any longer.

it really pains me that we let young players with great potential leave and there is nothing left in the cupboard.

Conor McBride to Celtic and Johnny Mitchell to Brentford the prime examples. Would be great to see them in the squad instead of this lot.

I guess we passed them on for little money which has been used to bring in no hopers.

Such incompetence is almost criminal.

Getting depressed - we are heading for a very bad place.

Guest Back Post Misses
Too many I told you so's here. It does make some posters seem smug as if there happy we are rotten!

I will turn that around. Too many not admit they are wrong. Utter bullshit people think those who called things early don’t care or are happy.

I have said all along if I was wrong with my criticism I would hold my hands up and admit it.

What has to happen now is this is fixed and quickly or we are in the shit big time. I can hear Ritchie now. “Oh well if we go down we can always go part time”.

I am dreading the next few months dreading it because I don’t believe they have the guts or nouse to fix things. It is going to take money to do it that is for sure.

I will turn that around. Too many not admit they are wrong. Utter bullshit people think those who called things early don’t care or are happy.

I have said all along if I was wrong with my criticism I would hold my hands up and admit it.

What has to happen now is this is fixed and quickly or we are in the shit big time. I can hear Ritchie now. “Oh well if we go down we can always go part time”.

I am dreading the next few months dreading it because I don’t believe they have the guts or nouse to fix things. It is going to take money to do it that is for sure.
Not sure theres too many people not now seeing the light tbh. I was one that wanted to wait until I seen certain indicators. That time is now upon us.

We are fast approaching the end of the window. That requires action on 2 fronts. Back or replace the manager, now. Give whoever is in charge the chance of at least a couple of loans in. Waiting till January in this current state isnt looking like an option.

Guest Back Post Misses
if its money thats the issue I'd almost rather we worked with a makeshift manager for the rest of the season. he seriously can't do any worse than what we've seen this season. let Hartley and his asst and scout go now and let totten oversee it with McGhee

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji85]

6 hours ago, drs said:

1976-77 - finished bottom of what is now the Championship, with 6 wins all season, and relegated to the bottom tier - Montrose in the same league had more than double the points that Falkirk got.

1977-78 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing 5th in the bottom league of 14

1978-79 - failed to get promoted from the third tier of Scottish Football, finishing behind mediocre clubs like Berwick, Montrose, Arbroath and Clyde in the league structure.

This current mob don't get anywhere close to the full horrors of the past. Yet.

The glory years...

Too many I told you so's here. It does make some posters seem smug as if there happy we are rotten!

...or maybe they got fed up being told they were bed wetting when others would not listen.
I don’t know how many times I got told it’s only two games (when it was actually six competitive matches).
The fact is we all want the team to succeed. The one thing I don’t feel today is smug....

If Hartley was going, he would have been out yesterday. This “communicative transparent board who are close to the supporters” will of course, revert to type, (which they have already done tbf), and say absolutely nothing.

If Hartley was going, he would have been out yesterday. This “communicative transparent board who are close to the supporters” will of course, revert to type, (which they have already done tbf), and say absolutely nothing.
Has anyone emailed Campbell to ask him about this? Lot of complaining that he will do this and that, has anyone approached him?

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm happy to admit Hartley is shite and needs to go, but I was of the opinion that I would give him time to persuade me, I wasn't going to be persuaded by what anyone on here was saying.

By the same token there was more than one member here who was calling disaster before a ball had been kicked.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Has anyone emailed Campbell to ask him about this? Lot of complaining that he will do this and that, has anyone approached him?

I have previously. Zero response.