The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why?! Honestly it's fucking turgid at the best of times in the top flight. In my lifetime, I've enjoyed the second tier much more than I have the top tier, even when we have been performing half decently.

If you get promoted, it changes from a swashbuckling stle trying to unlock defences to an all out defensive style hoping for a goal on the counter. I appreciate that you're not getting either at the moment, but the top flight certainly isn't all it is cracked up to be. By far the majority of seasons are spent being quite content at finishing between 10th and 7th and the only excitement for a club such as ours or those you've listed above is a crack at finishing mid-table (Top 6).

Feel exactly the same way.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4951048

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Bravo, that gif sums you up perfectly. Away play with your train set.

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

And another one goes in the ignore bin. What a place.

Image result for cheryl cole gif ok

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I have no idea who you are mate but glad you know me.

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

I can only go by the persona you show us. So the Trump gif fits that perfectly. Well done.

Yesterday I went to see Shire down at Dalbeattie Star. 
I was talking to a Queens fan who finishes on a Sat at 2pm, so if they're away he goes to watch the Star. 
He was predicting that Dobbie would get a hat-trick, but also told me that his gaffer at work is Aaron Muirhead's dad. He was telling me that he hears that Hartley has lost the dressing room, and that Muirhead's fancying the exit door these days.

This post is like one of those questions when you need to figure out how many people were involved.

So many links.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have and whilst it may take removing Hartley to do so, there's zero chance you'll go down.

Apologies for the cliched and slightly embarrassing statement, but it applies here, Falkirk are too big to go down. You'll revamp the squad if required come January and make 8th in the absolute worst case scenario. As it is, I reckon you'll keep Hartley, end up finishing 5th or 6th and all be feeling demoralised going into next season.

Its the strongest championship for years, 9 full time teams and Alloa who may finish 10th but will not be the next Brechin, they also could beat any team on their day likewise all the other 8 teams bar us could beat each other, we couldn't beat eggs at the moment, struggling to beat seaside league teams and a colt team is where we are.

I really fear for us next week, County will be wounded animal and we will pay, Hartley will set out with a 5-4-1, with reality of it being 9-0-1.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Yesterday I went to see Shire down at Dalbeattie Star. 

I was talking to a Queens fan who finishes on a Sat at 2pm, so if they're away he goes to watch the Star. 

He was predicting that Dobbie would get a hat-trick, but also told me that his gaffer at work is Aaron Muirhead's dad. He was telling me that he hears that Hartley has lost the dressing room, and that Muirhead's fancying the exit door these days.

I don't think he would be able to open the exit door .

I really wanted us to sign Harkins in the summer so I was really bemused yesterday when I seen him commanding a midfield and running rings round Paton. Surely we could have got Harkins if we wanted him.

I actually wonder if a commanding midfielder was identified and we didn't get him and that's why we went for Paton. When we signed Paton near the end of June he said he'd only been contacted the night before so he couldn't have been a target

He was just another panic signing once the reality of what had come to us from south of the border began to sink in.
But we never signed that type of midfielder. He sure as hell wasn't planning on playing TOE and Sammut in the middle of the park together. I'm really starting to think he didn't get some of his original targets

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:
17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:
He was just another panic signing once the reality of what had come to us from south of the border began to sink in.

But we never signed that type of midfielder. He sure as hell wasn't planning on playing TOE and Sammut in the middle of the park together. I'm really starting to think he didn't get some of his original targets

I don't think he got any of them.. 

Very true. You've got to wonder if board have fucked him as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with all the cheaper options and expected him to make it work. Either way it's not working

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:
25 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Very true. You've got to wonder if board have fucked him as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with all the cheaper options and expected him to make it work. Either way it's not working

Either that, or the guys we got were the best we could afford once we had split the wage budget 16 ways. 

16 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Or, alternatively, the scout and Hartley are fucking clueless.

We'll, the scouts not clueless given he previously headed Ross counties scouting in England. So that leaves Hartley clearing out too many players and spreading his budget too thing. Should have been 8 or 9 new players tops, with what we already had rolled in. 

Isn't hindsight wonderful. 

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Yes they have.  They won a major trophy in that time for one thing.

We could all win trophies by spending millions we dont have and then filing for administration shafting creditors and starting again.  Maybe more clubs should actually say feck it we might as well do that too. The whole thing stinks though.

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

We'll, the scouts not clueless given he previously headed Ross counties scouting in England. So that leaves Hartley clearing out too many players and spreading his budget too thing. Should have been 8 or 9 new players tops, with what we already had rolled in. 

Isn't hindsight wonderful. 

Its no surprise then that ross county are down beside us if that clown has been picking players for them.