The Falkirk FC Thread

Hahahahaha-hohohoho....oh! Wait a minute. Pars got pumped too. 

Its still very early in the season guys, both our teams have really good players that can and will get themselves sorted out. Both managers are capable of getting more from their players and, both teams will still be in the championship next season. 

frustrating  as f**k as fans but, it's not the end of our teams seasons. Both our teams can only get better guys. 

9 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Yesterday I went to see Shire down at Dalbeattie Star. 

I was talking to a Queens fan who finishes on a Sat at 2pm, so if they're away he goes to watch the Star. 

He was predicting that Dobbie would get a hat-trick, but also told me that his gaffer at work is Aaron Muirhead's dad. He was telling me that he hears that Hartley has lost the dressing room, and that Muirhead's fancying the exit door these days.

He never had the dressing room to begin with. There's barely a day goes by without him falling out with another player a la Robson this week.

2 minutes ago, P475 said:

Hahahahaha-hohohoho....oh! Wait a minute. Pars got pumped too. 

Its still very early in the season guys, both our teams have really good players that can and will get themselves sorted out. Both managers are capable of getting more from their players and, both teams will still be in the championship next season. 

frustrating  as f**k as fans but, it's not the end of our teams seasons. Both our teams can only get better guys. 

Prove it!

I know in work getting paid double time to educate Falkirk fans on their standing within Scottish football.
Tough times.
What have you got against Falkirk.

Killie have been at the heart of some of our most disappointing times in the past 25 years watching Falkirk but I have nothing against them. I have a Killie fan at work who is a great guy and I'm not aware of any issues between the fans ever. The 97 Cup Final, result apart was a great day with fans mingling and no hint of trouble.

Is it just a personal thing?

Killie have been at the heart of some of our most disappointing times in the past 25 years watching Falkirk but I have nothing against them. I have a Killie fan at work who is a great guy and I'm not aware of any issues between the fans ever. The 97 Cup Final, result apart was a great day with fans mingling and no hint of trouble.

Hes at the wind up.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I have nothing against Falkirk at all just stating facts.  You guys seem to think you are a bigger club than you are but its not personal at all.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He’s wanting a bite Harry.

Hes lonely.

I have nothing against Falkirk at all just stating facts.  You guys seem to think you are a bigger club than you are but its not personal at all.

I know we're not a big club. Crowds of around the 4 -5000 mark is our level. Our board lack serious ambition and getting out of this league which looks highly unlikely would be a great achievement under their stewardship.

I think we all look on jealously at the likes of Killie, St Johnstone, Hamilton and would love us to be in that position but that's just fans who love their local club wanting the best for them.

Mind you the way it's going we could be a big club, in league 1 !!!

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I know we're not a big club. Crowds of around the 4 -5000 mark is our level. Our board lack serious ambition and getting out of this league which looks highly unlikely would be a great achievement under their stewardship.

I think we all look on jealously at the likes of Killie, St Johnston, Hamilton and would love us to be in that position but that's just fans who love their local club wanting the best for them.

Mind you the way it's going we could be a big club, in league 1 !!!

Why?! Honestly it's fucking turgid at the best of times in the top flight. In my lifetime, I've enjoyed the second tier much more than I have the top tier, even when we have been performing half decently.

If you get promoted, it changes from a swashbuckling stle trying to unlock defences to an all out defensive style hoping for a goal on the counter. I appreciate that you're not getting either at the moment, but the top flight certainly isn't all it is cracked up to be. By far the majority of seasons are spent being quite content at finishing between 10th and 7th and the only excitement for a club such as ours or those you've listed above is a crack at finishing mid-table (Top 6).

54 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

What you have said doesn't in any way relate to my comment.  I'll repeat it for you - over the last 20 years Livingston have achieved more than Falkirk.  

They've certainly been relegated, plunged into administration and dragged through the courts more often, with more of all three to come in all likelyhood.

What's wrong today, ***? None of your Killie pals in the mood to put up with your chronic chat?

Why?! Honestly it's fucking turgid at the best of times in the top flight. In my lifetime, I've enjoyed the second tier much more than I have the top tier, even when we have been performing half decently.

If you get promoted, it changes from a swashbuckling stle trying to unlock defences to an all out defensive style hoping for a goal on the counter. I appreciate that you're not getting either at the moment, but the top flight certainly isn't all it is cracked up to be. By far the majority of seasons are spent being quite content at finishing between 10th and 7th and the only excitement for a club such as ours or those you've listed above is a crack at finishing mid-table (Top 6).

Think it's down to the fact you can attract better players and get more media attention.

You are probably right though nnd we are looking at the top flight with rose tinted specs because we have been nearly 10 years away from it. I remember our last few seasons were shite trying to stay up.

I think the worry for Falkirk fans is in the past couple of seasons we seem to be getting further away from challenging and we are watching the same turgid stuff you describe trying to stay in the Championship.