The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What we need now is solutions.

i think we have gone on enough about the problem. I would say there is 100% agreement on that.

unforunately, any solution is going to need money, lots of it!!

Ideas, please.

New manager that can coach the players properly would be a start. 

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What we need now is solutions.

i think we have gone on enough about the problem. I would say there is 100% agreement on that.

unforunately, any solution is going to need money, lots of it!!

Ideas, please.

We cant do anything till the manager goes. Bullet him then lets see what can be done.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
49 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
That to me sounds like a certain tramp isn't even covering the basics in training. I mean, for f**k sake, primary school. Midget on each post, big defender on the biggest guy and someone ready to deal with a short ball. Then you keep an eye on the flight of the ball, shouldn't be difficult to go over in training. Deeply worrying. 

When we were setting up for that corner I said to my mate that no one was defending the posts. Basic stuff which makes you wonder what are we doing in training.

I find it unlikely that experienced defenders like Muirhead and Harrison would forget where they were supposed to be. The many changes in formation and lineups won't be helping matters. One game/training session you are a wing back and on the post for corners, and the next you're a centre half and picking up the 2nd striker. The coaching is clearly shockingly bad. 

We have been here before, and yet again, the outcome will be the same........no action whatsoever.
For many a year, I have hated the word “ambitious” in football since Livingston went into administration shedding debts of £12 million, and claiming all they were guilty of was “a bit of ambition”.
Yet in the real and proper application of the word, Falkirk and its board are easily the most unambitious outfit in the country. They tart up the same old guff each season, give it a new coat of emulsion, and sell it to us as the brave new world of FFC.
A club stuck in this league for a decade, a club that hasn’t won its opening game in a dozen years, and a club that is going for some sort of statistical weird record by conceding one goal in its first game, two goals in its second game, and three goals in its third game.
Get your money on RC scoring four next week.

You really have an issue with Livingston don’t you?

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Yep. Every right minded supporter of Scottish football should have an issue with Livingston.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Anyone with a functioning brain, a grasp of recent history and a sense of decency should have a problem with Livi. 

Edited by DeeBairn

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Biggest cheats in scottish football. Shafted their creditors twice and employ a convicted drug dealer, convicted pervert and convicted thug. Not a lot to like about them really. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

McGhee? On the basis of what? Surely not serious 
Also, I loved Totten, but far too long out to pasture to come in as a manager. No way.
I'd rather hopkin or McCall I'm only talking worst case scenario and we need to oust Hartley and have no budget and need someone to do it. Alex Smith with senior players steadied the ship with 2 wins out of 2 and is a similar age to Totten. McGhee is one of our better players talks some sense cares and been here one of longest. I'm only worst case scenario planning here.

Wish people would stop talking about Ian McCall. There’s absolutely no chance he’s leaving Ayr to come to us. If we do bin Hartley and his coaching staff I’d imagine we’d have to look at managers available for free.

Would love Hopkin but I can see him taking a look at the state of the squad and staying clear.

Wish people would stop talking about Ian McCall. There’s absolutely no chance he’s leaving Ayr to come to us. If we do bin Hartley and his coaching staff I’d imagine we’d have to look at managers available for free.

Would love Hopkin but I can see him taking a look at the state of the squad and staying clear.
I think Hopkin would back himself tbh. Wjether he would want to though is another matter

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Your probably right mate but he would be my number 1 choice.

I'd be happy with McIntyre or Neilson. Not 100% sure about Hopkin for some reason. 

It won"t be a manager who is currently employed at another club as that would cost us money we don't have.

That leaves us:

Robbie Neilson
Jim McIntyre
David Hopkin
Yogi

I personally don't want Yogi as that for me is a step backwards. I would be happy to go with any of the other 3.

I may be wrong but did Neilson not used to live up Lionthorn.

This is all hypothetical as it would require our board to grow a pair and punt Hartley.

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
McGhee? On the basis of what? Surely not serious 
Also, I loved Totten, but far too long out to pasture to come in as a manager. No way.

I'd rather hopkin or McCall I'm only talking worst case scenario and we need to oust Hartley and have no budget and need someone to do it. Alex Smith with senior players steadied the ship with 2 wins out of 2 and is a similar age to Totten. McGhee is one of our better players talks some sense cares and been here one of longest. I'm only worst case scenario planning here.

AT was seriously ill a few years back so i'd doubt he would do it for any more than 1 or 2 games. We've got another 36 to go.  Alec Smith made it clear he only wanted to be a stop gap for a couple of games too.

Robbie Neilson :lol: Yes, a manager who turned down Saint Mirren for having a crap budget and no ambition is going to jump at the chance to manage your rabble at the moment. 

You'll be getting a choice of Jim Duffy or a couple of other out of work dinosaurs and you'll like it.