The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

We'll, the scouts not clueless given he previously headed Ross counties scouting in England. So that leaves Hartley clearing out too many players and spreading his budget too thing. Should have been 8 or 9 new players tops, with what we already had rolled in. 

Isn't hindsight wonderful. 

The evidence is that he's beyond clueless. Whether garbage like Harrison, Owen Evans, Dallison etc were first choice or fifth the fact they were any sort of recommendation is proof positive this Mitchell guy is utterly useless as a scout.

54 minutes ago, Rocco said:
56 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
I don't think he got any of them.. 

Very true. You've got to wonder if board have fucked him as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they went with all the cheaper options and expected him to make it work. Either way it's not working

Why are we constantly looking for excuses for hartley.  We couldve got far better players up here on the cheap than the clowns hes signed from down south.  

For me, Hartley's apparent belief(that a lot of our fans bought into) that players from England must automatically be better than players from up here has a lot to do with it. 

There's a reason the players we brought in couldn't get a game for bottom half league 2 and conference clubs. 

Why are we constantly looking for excuses for hartley.  We couldve got far better players up here on the cheap than the clowns hes signed from down south.  
I'm not looking for excuses. After what I seen yesterday I want him out. What I'm trying to work out is how we ended up with what we did

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

100% agree. No idea why these excuses are suddenly appearing. They sound bollocks to me.

As you say we could have got the likes of Liam Smith at right back and Gary Harkins in midfield if you didn't have better targets available. 

There was no need to sign shite like we have. That's entirely down to Dumb and Dumber.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:
8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not looking for excuses. After what I seen yesterday I want him out. What I'm trying to work out is how we ended up with what we did

Its quite simple hartley and his scout havent done their jobs properly.  The players signed arent good enough. A lot have hardly played any competitive first team games so how in the hell are you ever going to know whether they are any good. We're gambling by signing boys that have been watched in youth games and training matches who have zero past form. Its a recipe for disaster m8.

In simple terms the players we signed are Garbage also Hartley. 

We could have signed better players from lower league and Juniors that would have more ability and heart for a third of the money spent. 

How the Bod can actually keep silent on all this is beyond me. 

Yesterday 8 or 9 could easily been the score, possible that it could still happen 

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Does it say Margaret Lang below regards by any chance?

It’s a perfectly polite letter. No point in sending anything abusive. I have now received an equally polite response asking me to go in and see him in his office anytime in the coming week.

i have politely declined his offer setting out my reasons why. Essentially, I don’t think “one to ones” serve any useful purpose in the current climate. I urged him and the board to make a statement......even if it’s backing Hartley, then we at least have it from the horse’s mouth.

That’s about as far as letters will get you. I really don’t know how he would deal with fifty or sixty letters of polite (or otherwise) concern. He cannot be in a position to meet everyone individually. If he has that sort of free time, something else is glaringly wrong.

48 minutes ago, Rocco said:
53 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We ended up this way by allowing a wee bit of George Craigism to creep back into the club. Basically, no footballing governance or oversight into the football side of the business. Obviously, there’s free rein, and there’s free rein, but it seems as though three people got to go a bit wild, and what we have is the result of that.

We ended up this way by allowing a wee bit of George Craigism to creep back into the club. Basically, no footballing governance or oversight into the football side of the business. Obviously, there’s free rein, and there’s free rein, but it seems as though three people got to go a bit wild, and what we have is the result of that.
Can't argue with that

Just now, knee jerk reaction said:

I have a holiday coming up and am going to buy the blue/red training top from the shop at the stadium tomorrow, i'm getting a bit scared now that if i try it on for size then Hartley might pick me... :lol:

Do you play football?

I have a holiday coming up and am going to buy the blue/red training top from the shop at the stadium tomorrow, i'm getting a bit scared now that if i try it on for size then Hartley might pick me... [emoji38]
Do you have a sleeve tattoo?

Guest Back Post Misses
So typical our spineless shower of a board have shat it from doing what needs to be done this weekend.
Arseholes

Board meeting is always the last Thursday of the month. I would expect something after that which will be the Vote of confidence. This will be swiftly followed by a signing or two. A cuffing in Dingwall and a sacking on the Monday giving the new guy 2 weeks to work out how to keep Ayr’s star striker from doing what Dobbie did at the weekend just passed.

Guest Back Post Misses
It’s a perfectly polite letter. No point in sending anything abusive. I have now received an equally polite response asking me to go in and see him in his office anytime in the coming week.
i have politely declined his offer setting out my reasons why. Essentially, I don’t think “one to ones” serve any useful purpose in the current climate. I urged him and the board to make a statement......even if it’s backing Hartley, then we at least have it from the horse’s mouth.
That’s about as far as letters will get you. I really don’t know how he would deal with fifty or sixty letters of polite (or otherwise) concern. He cannot be in a position to meet everyone individually. If he has that sort of free time, something else is glaringly wrong.

It is obvious that he is going to back his man. Others probably want Hartley gone. Oh to be a fly on the wall Thursday