The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Robson was motm v rangers but didn't get a game versus queens in our next game?

That sums up Hartley's reign to a tee. There's no way Robson gets starts under him. He's clearly decided he doesn't like him/rate him so his tea's oot.

Leaving us watching inferior dross lumbering about pishly.

More I think about it.. more it fucks me off. We need shot of this clown so badly 

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

In isolation one bad managerial choice is bad luck. This mob have chosen badly on a consistant basis though and god knows who'll be the next dumpling they land us with.

i think even the worst critic would have to say they've been unlucky with the Hartely appointment.

compared to other clubs i think we give managers a chance and it's not a revolving door.  I'm happy with that.  No neutral looking at our club would say many of the recent managers apart from Eddie May have been complete clowns.  There were some positives and close misses from all of them - him apart.   

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

He played half the game. Can't blame you for not noticing to be fair.

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Not sure if that's a whoosh but he played the second half, culminating in his Peter Kay corner routine 

I'd love to claim it was a whoosh but I seriously didnt realise. I knew there were two subs and I heard Greenwoods name but not the other.

Was he the blonde on on the wing, or was that Greenwood?

I wouldn't be trusting Hartley or this scout with anymore of the budget; save it and use to pay him off. Bring someone else come in to try and pish with the cock he's got until January to re-assess the squad and salvage this mess.

Saturday was quite possibly the worst I've seen a Falkirk side at home in living memory. At the age of 30 there’s obviously been worse times but I’ve never witnessed a team lacking every single aspect required to win a football match. We had no game plan, no strategy to attack or exploit weaknesses, no defensive awareness, many players lacking a basic level of competence and to top it off there’s very little passion, drive or fight shown. Watching the majority of these spice boys rock up and get blown away by average Championship sides is utterly depressing. Especially if you have the unfortunate viewing of social media to see the drivel they post midweek. Posts of them playing with comments below high fiving each other of how great they are #baller #flames #doyourthing. They love the image of being a football rather than the job, it appears to be a hobby rather than a career or livelihood. Last week you had most of them posting teeth whitening adverts ffs. If you’re not going to fight for this club or for your starting 11 jersey, do the honourable thing and leave now pls. Applications for next years love island is probably your next best move. Everybody in the stands commit a lot time and money to watch our ‘heroes’ week in week out and don’t deserve this shit. We have a fantastic passionate fanbase who live and breath the club and have been served with utter drivel for close to a decade. Our decline is heart breaking, which will see us relegated to League 1 this season if the BOD don’t act.

I’ve genuinely seen poor 1st division Falkirk sides in the past play strong Celtic / Rangers teams in cup games away and put up more of a fight than we did at home to Queens on Saturday. 27 attemps on goal against to 3 for is embarrassing. There’s no hiding from the stats and there’s no way back for Hartley now, imo.  

As a quick fix, both Dunne and McKee need to be brought back into the first team. They're not world beaters but both have the competence which would be a start. On top of that, Robson should be starting every week as he’s more than capable. We need to find 11 players who can at a bare minimum be able to compete at this level, which sadly means two left backs in Robson and Russell will need to play with one out of position. Greenwood can play right midfield so I would go with:-

Fasan

Russell – Muirhead – Mcghee – Robson

Greenwood – McKee – Irving - Paton / Sammut – Dunne

Haber

Whatever we play on Saturday, we are going to get absolutely horsed. As much as I want to go to win games, we have to sit in and make it hard for County. Another horror show like Saturday will crush the confidence of the full team.

Just now, Trump said:

Even if we had a competent squad/manager, I wouldn’t fancy our chances at Dingwall and at Somerset at the moment. 5 games and 0 points surely has to be the latest trigger for this board to bite the bullet and get rid of Hartley.

I'm just glad we don't have brechin to play at home to cover up the cracks. 

i want the board to take action pronto. they ultimately rightly or wrongly backed hartleys plan and so need to take account and responsibility to get us out of this mess before we get any worse if that is even possible. currently we are in free fall at mo.

I just want the board to actually make a comment!

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We brought in TOE after his last club was Truro. Not sure what we expected tbh.

I expected him to be shite and he is shite.

He was on loan there from Newport. Not sure if Truro are any worse than the likes of Gateshead or Harrogate where Greenwood and Nelson were jobbing around.

This is a very telling quote though which sums up our w**k of a scouting process :-

The move came about out of the blue. I was looking away from Newport after they said I wasn’t going to be around it this year.

“There were afew Conference South teams lurking around for me but nothing special. My agent asked what I thought of Falkirk and I said straight away ‘I like the sound of that’.”

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We nearly didnt have a club at all due to that clown . VAT bills disappearing behind sideboards and his Eddie May project etc. Your off your nut if you want him back.

i dont want him near the club.  

was merely pointing out i think it's laughable when folk point to the yogi / craig  years as some kind of comparitor to the soulless mince of today.

even in 99 with 1500 fans you had the sense big Amos and Christie cared.  not these muppets.

good post.  The board and the support generally all thought getting Hartely in was a good move.  

The board backed him with getting in new players.

It hasn't worked out.  I dont' see how it's the board's fault.  This is all on the manager.

What specifically do fans want from the board?  i'm lost.

Honestly, I don’t know specifically who is at fault here. It does piss me off when people automatically blame the board without justifiable reasons though.

In this case however, the overall responsibility for the strategy lies with the board.

I can’t blame them for appointing Hartley. He was the majority on here’s first choice.

I can blame them for closing the Academy as a supposed cost saving measure though.

I can blame Hartley for signing below par players.

I can also blame him for us losing core players such as Taiwo, Sibbs, and Miller....hell, I can even blame him for losing Kerr such as how poor we are.

Who’s responsible for the clown down South I don’t know, but he or she should have the dignity to resign immediately for that appointment....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Honestly, I don’t know specifically who is at fault here. It does piss me off when people automatically blame the board without justifiable reasons though.
In this case however, the overall responsibility for the strategy lies with the board.
I can’t blame them for appointing Hartley. He was the majority on here’s first choice.
I can blame them for closing the Academy as a supposed cost saving measure though.
I can blame Hartley for signing below par players.
I can also blame him for us losing core players such as Taiwo, Sibbs, and Miller....hell, I can even blame him for losing Kerr such as how poor we are.
Who’s responsible for the clown down South I don’t know but he or she should have the dignity to resign immediately for that appointment....

Hartley us 100% responsible for Mitchell. That was his appointment. 

Made because he didn't want to go and look at players himself as he couldn't be arsed with the travel.