The Falkirk FC Thread

statement of intent would be good. if they are happy with direction of how the club is going then we know. will they give him a time limit a further 5-6 games to turn it around? keeping him for long haul? looking to bring in a few more players or review recruirtment options....fecking something other than silence and hoping we all shut up and go away.

To reveal their potential plan for that publicly would be a disaster.

It’s a different situation from when we had Houston. He was in the last year of his contract with us, and pretty much confirmed he was going to retire. It’s also a club he holds close to his heart, and didn’t want to stay around and ruin his good reputation with the fans.

For Hartley, he still has this season, and next season in his contract. He has no affiliation to the club, and if he messes this up, he may well struggle to get a full time managers job again.

They won’t be daft enough not to consider his future, but I’m sure they are trying to balance sacking someone with two years on his contract, bringing in someone else, paying off players in January and bringing in new ones (sounds familiar?) or give it a bash with what we have. I have a funny feeling if the former was of no financial detriment to the club, it would have already happened by now. Most would agree that whatever it costs to do the latter, would be more effective than playing league 1 football next year.

What a state we are in.

Anyone mind when loads of our fans kept saying Eddie May deserved more time, despite it being obvious from September of that season how utterly hapless he was?

How the past decade might have been different.

Guest Back Post Misses

To reveal their potential plan for that publicly would be a disaster.

It’s a different situation from when we had Houston. He was in the last year of his contract with us, and pretty much confirmed he was going to retire. It’s also a club he holds close to his heart, and didn’t want to stay around and ruin his good reputation with the fans.

For Hartley, he still has this season, and next season in his contract. He has no affiliation to the club, and if he messes this up, he may well struggle to get a full time managers job again.

They won’t be daft enough not to consider his future, but I’m sure they are trying to balance sacking someone with two years on his contract, bringing in someone else, paying off players in January and bringing in new ones (sounds familiar?) or give it a bash with what we have. I have a funny feeling if the former was of no financial detriment to the club, it would have already happened by now. Most would agree that whatever it costs to do the latter, would be more effective than playing league 1 football next year.

What a state we are in.

To get 4/5 players in now buy you some time till Christmas would cost you c100k. If we go without anything new till Christmas IMO we will be far too far adrift and it will cost the club a lot more than 100k when we go down. Mark my words this squad is taking us down.

If they take the attitude we are not trusting him with another penny they are signing the club’s relegation fate IMO.

If they don’t either sack him or back him this week it will be a disgrace. You just can’t sit back and hope he can turn this group into something remotely competitive. Worst squad since the Centenary Squad of 75/76. That had taken some doing too.

To get 4/5 players in now buy you some time till Christmas would cost you c100k. If we go without anything new till Christmas IMO we will be far too far adrift and it will cost the club a lot more than 100k when we go down. Mark my words this squad is taking us down.

If they take the attitude we are not trusting him with another penny they are signing the club’s relegation fate IMO.

If they don’t either sack him or back him this week it will be a disgrace. You just can’t sit back and hope he can turn this group into something remotely competitive. Worst squad since the Centenary Squad of 75/76. That had taken some doing too.

If it’s either Hartley plus 4 or 5, or a new manager and make do with what we have. Based on Hartleys signings this season... not sure what I’d rather have. I think he’s lost the players already, so no matter who else he brings in, you’ve still got 6/7 of those players still here.

Guest Back Post Misses

If it’s either Hartley plus 4 or 5, or a new manager and make do with what we have. Based on Hartleys signings this season... not sure what I’d rather have. I think he’s lost the players already, so no matter who else he brings in, you’ve still got 6/7 of those players still here.

I am saying doing nothing is not an option.

The other difficulty is before was had Alex Smith who could advise a new manager what we needed. The window closes Friday (although you can have “emergency” loans). We are in a huge hole and I do not fancy our chances of sorting it.

We are rudderless with no credible leadership and a Board that is not united.

What a mess.

What is remarkable to me, is that if half a dozen supporters (young and old) had seen these players in games prior to signing for us, I reckon they would have come to a collective conclusion that they were nowhere near good enough.

It would seem that a fair number of them have been signed on the say so of “Mitch” who may or may not, be the agent for some of them. If that is indeed the case, then what we are seeing is what our BoD and Hartley deserve, and it seems whenever things calm down, FFC always seem to invite chancers in the front door....George Craig and “Mitch” being the prime examples.