The Falkirk FC Thread

Lest we forget, it’s worth reminding ourselves what an abridged version of “guff” actually looks like.....

CHIEF EXECUTIVE UPDATE – APRIL 2018
There were sighs of relief from everyone last night at St Mirren Park as we finally secured our Championship status for next season. From where the club was back in the late autumn of 2017 it has been a remarkable turnaround.

Despite some inconsistency our general form relative to other clubs in the division since the back to back 3-0 defeats to Morton and Dundee Utd and the 3 week run of postponements in early December has been good. See HERE for league table comparison. However, as Paul said last night, we need to make sure that this football club is never again put into this position.

Our aim is to get this club into the Premiership. That has been the aim since last summer when I started here and when Paul was brought into the club in October last year. There is a lot of work on the go on the recruitment side (and has been for 4 months) and we have signed off and agreed the single largest first team playing budget seen at this club whilst in the Championship.

I am very clear that it needs everyone pulling together to propel this club upwards. We will do all that we can to give you a football team and football club to be proud of. 

RECRUITMENT
Richard Mitchell joined the club on 1st January having previously been Head of Recruitment with Ross County. Mitch is based in the Midlands and covers thousands of miles every month watching matches, meeting clubs and agents and has almost daily chats with Paul about players that we believe can make an impact at Falkirk. In addition to this Paul and Gordon Young are well versed in the Scottish market.

Recruitment is the number one area where we are focused on in helping shape the squad for the forthcoming season. The work has been ongoing since before Christmas and has ramped up in the past month

PAUL HARTLEY
During May, Paul will be hosting a number of informal chats with supporters about his plans and vision for Falkirk FC. He will be talking about what he wants to see in terms of our squad, our type of player, our playing style and his hopes and aspirations for the club.

COMMUNICATIONS
I hope that you have seen a more open relationship between the club and the supporters. Less formal and more listening to what you are looking for from your club. We realise that we don’t always get it right but we are trying and will continue to do so.

I know there is still scepticism and cynicism out there about the motivations of the Board, me, Margaret Lang etc. but I hope we have persuaded some of you that we are here to do a job. To work as hard as we can to get this club into the Premiership and to give you more good Saturdays than bad.

I’m always keen to hear from supporters about any aspect so if you have any ideas or views you wish to share with me then please do get in touch

It has been a period of change. Of transition. There have been very difficult decisions taken in the past 6 months. But I believe we have a coaching team, a recruitment team and a supporter base to get this club to where it wants to be

Craig Campbell

Bairnardo 
The players we have signed would look bad in the Juniors never mind the championship they are simply no where near good enough. 
The so called scout is probably lying on a beach somewhere laughing his tits off. 
I dont agree with this. I think thats too simple an explanation and the blame for the current level of performance lies with Hartley. To each their own though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, wullie robb said:
Bairnardo 
The players we have signed would look bad in the Juniors never mind the championship they are simply no where near good enough. 
The so called scout is probably lying on a beach somewhere laughing his tits off. 

I dont agree with this. I think thats too simple an explanation and the blame for the current level of performance lies with Hartley. To each their own though.

Probably both right.

Another boss would surely get a little more from this collection of dross. But they're not capable not much more than being dry humped by fermers

11 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

I think the club owes it to the fans to explain exactly how the recruitment process works.

I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime - we've been sold guys who don't look like they are football players, and thats not the exception, it appears to apply to the majority he's brought in.

who is the recruitment guy? What are his credentials? What is the process?

some rumours regarding this on one f, which hopefully ain't true.

was also hearing rumours about the disappearance of the kit man yesterday.

worrying times - the whole environment seems to have become toxic since P H arrived.

Hiya Dixie! 

It’s also interesting to see how this brave new world of open communication, transparency and an accessible CEO has already fallen apart, just like the team.

Has Hartley gone yet?

Surely the players we have signed can't be as bad as results would suggest? Hopefully a new manager can come in and get them organized and play in a way that suits and we can scrape into 8th. 

Confidence must be at an all time low with the players and I can't see Harley being the sort of person to help with that. To be honest I've heard he is an unapproachable p***k. 

The match stats from yesterday are the most damning I have ever seen. It’s the sort of thing you might expect to see from a pre-season friendly against Man City.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

The match stats from yesterday are the most damning I have ever seen. It’s the sort of thing you might expect to see from a pre-season friendly against Man City.

Even at that, one of our shots on goal was probably the attempt by Haber that went backwards.

[quote post="12379329" timestamp="1535270381" name="Which makes me wonder are we once again looking at dressing room issues and folk downing tools?

I was worried enough yesterday. However when Bairnardo starts morphing into Edibairn, we really should be worried.....[emoji16]

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I havent watched any interviews, but those stats from yesterday, other than away at Parkhead I wouldnt expect to see any Scottish team get dominated like that in theor own league, never mind at home.

They're not far off Man City-Huddersfield last weekend. We're fucked.