The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

All time worst 11 needs to have that wee something special. Just being shite isnt enough. They need to be a prolonged, headscratching conundrum of how the f**k can they even be that shite, tinged with dark comedy and at some point despairing sympathy.

I give you, once again.... Mark McGraw.

Y’see, us oldies can remember Dennis Devlin. A keeper of truly special moments, like dashing from his goal to stop a wayward passback going for a corner. Full length dive did the needful, but pushing the ball a few yards back upfield wasn’t the best. As he carried on sliding off the park after successfully preventing the corner, he pushed the ball forward to the only other player in the box. Yep, the opposition centre forward. Truly special.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

All time worst 11 needs to have that wee something special. Just being shite isnt enough. They need to be a prolonged, headscratching conundrum of how the f**k can they even be that shite, tinged with dark comedy and at some point despairing sympathy.

I give you, once again.... Mark McGraw.

I still say Joe Tortolano and would prob go for Brian Hamilton as well to add into that.

I still say Joe Tortolano and would prob go for Brian Hamilton as well to add into that.
I remember Tortolano vaguely but too young to specifically remember any of his performances really. Or maybe he was just so forgettable because we are talking roughly sake era I think. Hamilton, he was one that I genuinely felt sorry for. He took mega pelters and just looked sad tbh. I must be a bit chicken hearted because I could only ever roar abuse for so long then the sympathy kicks in

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So who in the squad would we reckon are now considered write offs, and unlikely to play again unless there’s a major injury crisis?

I think TOE and Turner are the two who seem obvious goners. I would love Paton to be part of that, and if nothing else, his remaining time at the club could act as a stark reminder of action and consequence........don’t do the homework, start panic signing, and this is what you get.

TOE, Turner, O'Hara and very possibly Russell & Greenwood although I don't agree with the last two as they both seemed to offer something in the limited game time that they've had.

From my own point of view I'd like to see Fasan, Paton & Haber away and also possibly Dallison with McGhee now available and Brough and Buaben able to play in CD. I think Lewis has shown that he can give McKinnon something to work with and I'd like to see how Sammut would perform alongside Buaben.

Of course I'd like to see the back of all of them if we were in a position to bring in the Messis & Ronaldos of this world but given that finances are obviously going to be stretched I'd be happy to keep those not mentioned to form a squad while bringing in as many first choice options that we can afford.

TOE, Turner, O'Hara and very possibly Russell & Greenwood although I don't agree with the last two as they both seemed to offer something in the limited game time that they've had.
From my own point of view I'd like to see Fasan, Paton & Haber away and also possibly Dallison with McGhee now available and Brough and Buaben able to play in CD. I think Lewis has shown that he can give McKinnon something to work with and I'd like to see how Sammut would perform alongside Buaben.
Of course I'd like to see the back of all of them if we were in a position to bring in the Messis & Ronaldos of this world but given that finances are obviously going to be stretched I'd be happy to keep those not mentioned to form a squad while bringing in as many first choice options that we can afford.
It certainly seems that Turner and TOE are miles out the picture and were for Hartley too by the end. Think those two represent the worst of the summer shenanigans.

Presumably Ray went in with a clean slate attitude so for those two to have not made a bench is pretty telling.

Would be good to hear Rays thoughts on these guys and Russell/Greenwood too but I think he is too smart to go down the road of alienating anyone until the window opens.

Thing is you have to look at is those are the youngest of the summer signings and if Hartley was as big an arsehole as whats been touted then their confidence is going to be shot to f**k, maybe dropping them and building them up bit by bit is the plan.

Some are starting to show signs of improvement but for the likes of Dallison and Harrison they should be making their mark on attacking players same as Muirhead we are too standoffish and allowing other teams to come at us instead of closing them down as soon as they have possession (see Muirhead against Dundee Utd for that one)

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It certainly seems that Turner and TOE are miles out the picture and were for Hartley too by the end. Think those two represent the worst of the summer shenanigans.

Presumably Ray went in with a clean slate attitude so for those two to have not made a bench is pretty telling.

Would be good to hear Rays thoughts on these guys and Russell/Greenwood too but I think he is too smart to go down the road of alienating anyone until the window opens.

Aye, I wouldn't expect to see a manager publicly saying that this or that player aren't good enough, at least not one with any sense anyway! I think it's probably obvious with TOE & Turner however I'd love to know what the problem is with Russell & Greenwood.

Aye, I wouldn't expect to see a manager publicly saying that this or that player aren't good enough, at least not one with any sense anyway! I think it's probably obvious with TOE & Turner however I'd love to know what the problem is with Russell & Greenwood.
Yeah those are the two that intrigue me as I think all things being equal they improve the matchday squad.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

pretty sure the Morton fans that were on here had expected us to pay a fee to them for Russell as they had offered him a contract but the offer had been withdrawn when McKinnon took over so more than likely didnt feel he had what he wanted as in style of play and more than likely he stands by that.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Most definately a fitness thing with both,no pre season and Greenwood didn't play for a year. 

3 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Most definately a fitness thing with both,no pre season and Greenwood didn't play for a year. 

Probably, but I would have expected their fitness levels to be better by now considering that both have already appeared in the team. Unless they've sustained further injury since of course?

Probably, but I would have expected their fitness levels to be better by now considering that both have already appeared in the team. Unless they've sustained further injury since of course?
Possibly a sign of how out his depth Hartley had become