The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

It's not a tough call. We're 1 point behind 9th and 6 behind a part time team in 8th. Certainly not insurmountable and we'd be as well locking the gates if we're not confident of making that up.

Relegation would set the club back at least 10 years as you'd be looking at significant cuts on and off the pitch. You'd then have to replace the virtually the entire team to stabilise again in the championship(assuming we got promoted first season). 

How do you come to this figure ?

Did the same apply to Livvy or Ayr ?

It of course wouldnt be ideal but to suggest it would set us back 10yr is simply up there with Fasan goalkeeper.

My main worry, financially, with relegation is that we struggle with the running costs of the stadium in this division, nevermind down a league. From what I heard we need to find £300k for stadium costs before we sell a single season ticket. Ayr nor Livi (or anyone else for that matter) probably has such a cost on their stadium, especially a new build.

My main worry, financially, with relegation is that we struggle with the running costs of the stadium in this division, nevermind down a league. From what I heard we need to find £300k for stadium costs before we sell a single season ticket. Ayr nor Livi (or anyone else for that matter) probably has such a cost on their stadium, especially a new build.

Would not surprise me at all that this sharesave scheme is our contingency plan for such a possibility....

c200k

Would not surprise me at all that this sharesave scheme is our contingency plan for such a possibility....

Not sure that is the case for the following reason.

The timescale is pretty much to get to a stage where we have an EGM by April so the control of the club would be out of the MSG hands. If that can’t be achieved then no money would go in until the target cash is hit to have the EGM.

46 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Ours costs around 250k a  on average season but that included relaying and maintaining the turf which obviously you don't have to do as often or as intensively  and we still turned a profit so its more than achievable with the right structure in place.

As enjoyable as watching the snake drag Lolkirk away from promotion chasing Morton I have noticed how damning he has been about his players. If he's unable to bring in 14+ players he's still gonna need to use half a dozen of the same players he's been constantly belittling publicly. Surely this is gonnae bite him in the arse?

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ill educated as per. He's stuck by them up until now i.e. the last game pre January, and he can now speak truthfully.

Oh he's made meaningless mewlings about effort and determination but also been very open about having to play 'a certain way' because his team are shite and how he needs a whole new team in January.

Even if this was the first time he's been si directly insulting does he think by Saturday they'll all be gone and 18 new players will be in place?

Some players may be of the mindset that they want to prove them wrong but most will be aware there's no contract to play for now so why bother putting effort in for a dickhead manager?