The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

11 new players by January 5th then? Both Yogi and McKinnon's comments have one purpose: protect their own images. Both great team builders obviously.

Falkirk fans lap it up just now and get Ray McKinnon a whole new squad  but I highly doubt that he is the manager to bring you a title or promotion which is obviously where you should be aiming rather than the continuing Championship ignominity that everybody was moaning about not so long ago.

The objective now is stay in the division, so Ray is as said at the time a safe option, his record so far as manager isnt really much to write about in the top end of managers but he seems to have decent contacts within the game, which may help us in the long term than if we went for the normal rookie manager.

His decisions at times are quite bizarre but thats what any manager does, it seems to be in the job description of managers to be a dick at some point, the window onwards will make or break him with a lot of our fans.

I share the thought of he wont take us to a promotion(championship) long term but the bigger picture is safety for now 

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

He's moved to a bigger club with better facilities. That's not really up for doubting. What we do have, that Morton don't, is a fucking shite board.

He will have known the squad was shite, we were bottom when he took over. His hope was that he could keep us in touch until the window opened again. He's done that, what remains to be seen is whether he can now get us off the bottom. 

I thought he made a comment about how much he respected the Morton Chairman and set up, but thought the Bairns Board of Directors and Squad offered him better football opportunities -(I dare say time will tell). Recent history shows that Morton have not done particularly well, but was not putting his trust in the current Falkirk BOD and squad was a bit a gamble?

I think saying they "barely give a f**k" is very harsh. The MSG have pumped millions of their own money into the club, without which it would no longer exist. They are subject to constant abuse and vilification for absolutely no personal return.  They're now willing to give away a large part of their stake for nothing.

“barely give a f**k anymore” isn’t harsh in the slightest however. The MSG are old men who’s time has past and its time we took over, whether we like it or not it’s Lang and Campbell who have got us into a position to do so.

Did Ray not say he "thought" he was going to a better set up and squad - is it not now, that he is saying the squad are shite (perhaps because he has been unable to get you off the bottom of the league?
I'm sure he said he was ing to a bigger club. Of that there is no doubt.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Wasn’t good for us or Raith

Or Dunfermline really. 

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d anticipate that our attendances would not drop much 

Aye they do, the big thing is away attendances, there's absolutely nothing down there. In our final season with Ayr they were the only side to bring an away crowd over 100.

If you start scooshing it then patg rates fall because you're not in a competitive league. We posted a profit but we cut right back and had allot of volunteers, it won't kill the club or any such nonsense but it's fucking shite. 

7 hours ago, Russ said:

It would be a right laugh for a season. Going down to the seaside leagues and in theory bodying every c**t on our way to skooshing the league.

Genuinely found that quite boring tbh. You're competing well below your clubs levels against sides with a fraction of your facilities, barely celebrated many goals in the second part of our title season. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the bit at the end meant to be?

A steeple. 

No joke. 

I think saying they "barely give a f**k" is very harsh. The MSG have pumped millions of their own money into the club, without which it would no longer exist. They are subject to constant abuse and vilification for absolutely no personal return.  They're now willing to give away a large part of their stake for nothing.
What would anyone actually have done differently? The fans wanted Houston employed and got him. They then wanted him sacked and he was gone almost immediately. Hartley was the overwhelming fan favourite to replace him and he did. He signed well in January and had one of the best records in the league.
The fans wanted a clear out in the summer and Hartley was employed to manage the football side of the club, so the Board allowed him to make the signings he wanted. The fact they didn't work is purely down to Hartley and his scout. It's complete nonsense to suggest that the board should employ someone as a football manager and then stop him from signing players.

It is just not true they have pumped millions in. Any investment outside the initial shares (soft loans) were paid back with 6%+ interest added. The SS investment costs us. The pitch was paid back through sales of McGrandles, Kingsley and. Cup Final. The club has survived in the last 6 years mostly because of transfer fees. No cash has gone in during that period , they will even admit that to you. The accounts just published showed an under lying loss of 600k last season without money from Gallacher, Kingsley and Vaulks.

Not everything they have done is bad but let's not put them up as some sort if Jack Walker types FFS.

The reality is they now want out and unless this happens quickly I don't see us going anywhere but stagnating at best provided we can stay up.

On 30/12/2018 at 02:03, EdiBairn said:

It's not "ITK crap" or winding anybody up. All I'm doing is passing on information I've been given. 

I know for a fact(you can review this at the end of January) that this talk of signing 6 or 7 players is just a tactic to minimise fans' expectations. Ray wants to bring in(and get rid of) at least 10 players but isn't sure whether he can get 10 guys with the quality required. 

I'm hurting just as every other Falkirk fan is. But surely your anger should be directed at the people on this forum who abused and harangued fellow Falkirk fans who could see early on that Hartley's little experiment wasn't going to work, and now still think their opinions are credible whilst contributing absolutely no sensible opinions on football in their years on this forum. 

I was one of the first posters on here to call Hartley's reign out for what it was and I know exactly what Ray's plans are now. I have been a Falkirk supporter all my life and none of my posts ate trolling or fishing in the slightest.

People have asked for transfer rumours- Ryan Flynn, David Goodwillie, Lee Miller and Tom Taiwo are all being actively looked at by Ray and his staff right now. Whether any of them will be signed, I don't know but all are being evaluated. Craig Sibbald was a very strong possibility but Gary Holt now sees him as an important part of his squad.

Flynn would be a great signing for Falkirk. Get him signed.

5 minutes ago, Darth Merlot said:

A former Falkirk employee is cutting about suggesting McKinnon is getting a budget of 400k all in, for signings, signing on fees, wages and dross removal.
Thoughts?
Is it enough?

I worked out from Margaret Lang's statements your playing budget last year was somewhere over £800,000.

£400k seems an excessive amount to just have lying around for a rainy day if that's your playing budget.

For Alloa I would be very surprised if our playing budget is over £200,000 to put that into perspective.