The Falkirk FC Thread

Oh he's made meaningless mewlings about effort and determination but also been very open about having to play 'a certain way' because his team are shite and how he needs a whole new team in January.
Even if this was the first time he's been si directly insulting does he think by Saturday they'll all be gone and 18 new players will be in place?
Some players may be of the mindset that they want to prove them wrong but most will be aware there's no contract to play for now so why bother putting effort in for a dickhead manager?
Ooft he really did a number on you.

And I think that’s the attitude that have us in this mess.

It's attitude to a lesser extent but ultimately about quality! Hartley and the scout made it apparent they could pick a player in Jan 18 (Jabuik, Robson , Nelson, Longridge)I for one can't help thinking the task of delivering the volume or quality required was not easy or even possible on the budget the board allowed! Had they spent more the circa 200 k we will spend on compensation for this farce on better quality in the first place then we could be top 4 and strengthening now for promotion ! I blame the organ grinders not the monkey . Personally I didn't like Hartley but the evidence supports my point and the danger is we could easily compound the error by trying to skimp our way out of this mess!

The people running this club have made cumulative f**k ups . Mess this window up and after years of buying season tickets my wife and I will say no more until the ownership changes .i suspect many more feel the same. We fund the club through season ticket support and yesterday's silent acceptance of total drivel should have spoken volumes to those enjoying yet another tea party at our expense!

41 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Interested to see why fans seem so vocal in wanting rid of Lang and Campbell but less so about the MSG who barely give a f**k about the club anymore. Get rid of the MSG through this share scheme and there is an opportunity to really cause change.

I think saying they "barely give a f**k" is very harsh. The MSG have pumped millions of their own money into the club, without which it would no longer exist. They are subject to constant abuse and vilification for absolutely no personal return.  They're now willing to give away a large part of their stake for nothing.

What would anyone actually have done differently? The fans wanted Houston employed and got him. They then wanted him sacked and he was gone almost immediately. Hartley was the overwhelming fan favourite to replace him and he did. He signed well in January and had one of the best records in the league.

The fans wanted a clear out in the summer and Hartley was employed to manage the football side of the club, so the Board allowed him to make the signings he wanted. The fact they didn't work is purely down to Hartley and his scout. It's complete nonsense to suggest that the board should employ someone as a football manager and then stop him from signing players.

Edited by EdiBairn

As usual any reasonable critique of The Snake sees the drawbridge pulled up at Grangemouth as the realisation their club embarrassed themselves, at a yet unknown cost, to prise away an average manager to lead them to seaside land.
If he's done a number on anyone it's Lolkirk

“Grangemouth”, “Lolkirk” = arsehole patter.

Prise away? Prise away? He fucking sprinted out of Greenock at the first opportunity having only been there a few months but having given you the best start to the league since the last time there was a good feeling at Cappielow.  

Time and again it's been pointed out what a basket case our club are and what utter, useless, talentless imposters the players are but McKinnon STILL thought that a better prospect than Morton.

Ask yourselves why that is.

Sigh. For the benefit of any partially informed or deliberately idiotic viewers, RMcK has come in and straight away spotted the squad is diabolical. Pretty much all fans were looking forward to 4 or 5 points max by this stage.
Instead he tightened us up, got a couple of good results and we are in touch with the teams above us.
THIS IS RELATIVE SUCCESS.
In the last couple of weeks his first choice team has been disrupted by injury and suspension. Throughout all this he has admitted it's going to be tough but has never hung his team out to dry. Now we are about to enter January he can be more honest.
DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

There's your fucking drawbridge.

Oh he's made meaningless mewlings about effort and determination but also been very open about having to play 'a certain way' because his team are shite and how he needs a whole new team in January.
Even if this was the first time he's been si directly insulting does he think by Saturday they'll all be gone and 18 new players will be in place?
Some players may be of the mindset that they want to prove them wrong but most will be aware there's no contract to play for now so why bother putting effort in for a dickhead manager?

FFS. You are making yourself look a complete arse.
At least do some research before you come onto the forum preaching shite.....

17 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I think saying they "barely give a f**k" is very harsh. The MSG have pumped millions of their own money into the club, without which it would no longer exist. They are subject to constant abuse and vilification for absolutely no personal return.  They're now willing to give away a large part of their stake for nothing.

What would anyone actually have done differently? The fans wanted Houston employed and got him. They then wanted him sacked and he was gone almost immediately. Hartley was the overwhelming fan favourite to replace him and he did. He signed well in January and had one of the best records in the league.

The fans wanted a clear out in the summer and Hartley was employed to manage the football side of the club, so the Board allowed him to make the signings he wanted. The fact they didn't work is purely down to Hartley and his scout. It's complete nonsense to suggest that the board should employ someone as a football manager and then stop him from signing players.

The club has turned ever so slightly with decision making back from the Elvis years when it stuck two fingers up to the fans  regarding his 2 or 3 yr contract ,when fan power were saying dont , They obviously found out it reflected in season ticket sales, whereas now they have amazing numbers buying into the club even after a horrific season last season

They have to some extent followed general consensus in recent years, I am not pointing fingers but some employees at the club have made a right royal dick of themselves with either decisions or public statements which have been worse than the erse Henderson, at least he sounded like a drunk deluded ex politician which didn't give the club a bad name. (really dont think I would say Henderson was alright)

There seems to be no direction within the club with the people running our club, some are over performing well and some are underperforming and should be punted

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As usual any reasonable critique of The Snake sees the drawbridge pulled up at Grangemouth as the realisation their club embarrassed themselves, at a yet unknown cost, to prise away an average manager to lead them to seaside land.

If he's done a number on anyone it's Lolkirk

Well seeing Morton won against one of the bottom feeders of the league, Johansson is back to being the messiah

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

As enjoyable as watching the snake drag Lolkirk away from promotion chasing Morton I have noticed how damning he has been about his players. If he's unable to bring in 14+ players he's still gonna need to use half a dozen of the same players he's been constantly belittling publicly. Surely this is gonnae bite him in the arse?

Anyone remember Yogi's interviews? Started a real charge for the league title at Raith.

13 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Anyone remember Yogi's interviews? Started a real charge for the league title at Raith.

The difference is that Hughes was laying into players he still had to work with. The vast majority of our squad will be out the door very soon.

47 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Prise away? Prise away? He fucking sprinted out of Greenock at the first opportunity having only been there a few months but having given you the best start to the league since the last time there was a good feeling at Cappielow.  

Time and again it's been pointed out what a basket case our club are and what utter, useless, talentless imposters the players are but McKinnon STILL thought that a better prospect than Morton.

Ask yourselves why that is.

Did Ray not say he "thought" he was going to a better set up and squad - is it not now, that he is saying the squad are shite (perhaps because he has been unable to get you off the bottom of the league?

2 minutes ago, Bailey1874 said:

Did Ray not say he "thought" he was going to a better set up and squad - is it not now, that he is saying the squad are shite (perhaps because he has been unable to get you off the bottom of the league?

Nope. None of that is correct at all.

8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The difference is that Hughes was laying into players he still had to work with. The vast majority of our squad will be out the door very soon.

11 new players by January 5th then? Both Yogi and McKinnon's comments have one purpose: protect their own images. Both great team builders obviously.

Falkirk fans lap it up just now and get Ray McKinnon a whole new squad  but I highly doubt that he is the manager to bring you a title or promotion which is obviously where you should be aiming rather than the continuing Championship ignominity that everybody was moaning about not so long ago.

One thing to note is that even if McKinnon can’t keep us in the championship, I still expect him to be given a shot at getting us out of the seaside league.

Hartley was contracted up until summer 2020 and McKinnon’s deal also runs to then. Surely no chance our board will pay 3 managers at the same time, 2 of which on championship level wages.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

One thing to note is that even if McKinnon can’t keep us in the championship, I still expect him to be given a shot at getting us out of the seaside league.

Hartley was contracted up until summer 2020 and McKinnon’s deal also runs to then. Surely no chance our board will pay 3 managers at the same time, 2 of which on championship level wages.

They wouldn't be paying 3 managers. That's not how contracts work. Every employment contract will have a termination clause, especially football managers who can be sacked very quickly.