The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I am stunned. Are you telling me that my ten (10) pounds per calendar month doesnt buy me a full say in the day to day running of a professional football club??

I am out.

Thank f**k you asked him that question, I was just about to sign the direct debit!

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

IMO (in my opinion) Saturday showed that guys like Paul Dixon can hopefully improve the squad. Had we been able to go Dixon LB Robson LM there is probably a semblance of a reasonably (or at least more) solid left side of the team there.

Need to be careful of the Andy Robertson theory with Robson though that because he can bomb past people from deep he can automatically be a winger. Its often not the case. That said, those two would work ok and provide decent balance I think.

Ray has banged on about width for long enough though so I would be surprised if Robson LM is the plan.

I think Robson would be as good a winger as he is a full back; he would do a passable job. As a WB however he's excellent and the only way that I think Ray would want rid of him is if he intends to completely abandon 3-5-2. He's hinted however that he wants the squad to be flexible and that he may use different formations depending on circumstances so I don't think he'll be going anywhere. (Unless we get a cash offer or if there's an underlying problem.)

I think McGhee gets a pretty easy ride to be honest. He's been abysmal this season. Only had the heat taken off him by Harrison and co being worse 
I'd agree with this, he's been honking but slightly less honking than the rest of the backline. I think/hope that with someone better beside him he'll show he can perform at this level but if this was any other season I'd want him punted asap.

Really hope we post the departures at 12:01am so I can enter the new year with the possibility of positivity.

I have actually had a closer look at the ownership scheme and it sounds better than I had feared. Primarily because the fans paying a tennner a month won't actually be able to control anything because of the presence of the patrons. On that basis, I will be supporting it.

That is a bugger, I was planning on running for chairman.

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Ah that explains a lot. Was Haber really that bad he has a decent pedigree?

the term lazy idle workshy b*stard springs to mind with Haber and no goals as a return for a striker

Ah that explains a lot. Was Haber really that bad he has a decent pedigree?
Probably the laziest, least interested player I have seen wear the navy blue and I went to my first game in 1972.

I have seen loads of shite disgrace the jersey but we will never know if Haber could play as from day 1 he never tried a leg and looked like he could not wait to get out the place.