The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Houston could not have continued in the role with a number of those players as the relationship had gone. We may have been able to keep them with the right manager replacement, had he managed to get them onside.
Unfortunately we got Hartley.....

If the rumours of what went on at the time were correct i dont think even with the right manager it would have worked. if you have others with their own ambitions and a new manager comes in and puts paid to them why would they care.  End of the day the ones that suffered for it was the club and the supporters.

If the rumours of what went on at the time were correct i dont think even with the right manager it would have worked. if you have others with their own ambitions and a new manager comes in and puts paid to them why would they care.  End of the day the ones that suffered for it was the club and the supporters.

Don’t know the facts here but I tend not to agree.
Both Miller and Kerr are at other clubs now and not full managers. They could potentially have remained in an assistant manager position with a good manager with credibility and gravitas.
It’s history now anyway. Time to move on...

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t know the facts here but I tend not to agree.
Both Miller and Kerr are at other clubs now and not full managers. They could potentially have remained in an assistant manager position with a good manager with credibility and gravitas.
It’s history now anyway. Time to move on...

Indeed it is. While player and managerial arrivals and departures will always be a massive part of what we enjoy about football, I think it would be good thing for it to be about a team winning games. Never mind individuals, collectively having not won a game at home this season is reason enough for change.

9 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

For 2019 I propose there should be no mentions of either Houston or Hartley on this thread. 

Yesterday's men.. neither good enough for us. We're well shot of both. 

Agreed. I'll take this opportunity to say it one last time: Hartley really is a useless c**t.

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

For 2019 I propose there should be no mentions of either Houston or Hartley on this thread. 

Yesterday's men.. neither good enough for us. We're well shot of both. 

Wow, talk about delusions of grandeur......

Happy New Year, ya filthy animals, except on the fitba' pitch and with her hopeless appeal

33 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Wow, talk about delusions of grandeur...…

:lol::lol:

Aye, imagine having the temerity to be glad to be rid of the manager responsible for signing the biggest collection of dross in the club's history.

Houston and Hartley are fine for clubs like Greenock, but not for us.