The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

And if Ray is the "outstanding" manager you claim him to be, he will also not have failed to notice the utterly ludicrous display from your mate Captain Fantastic whose defending at both the second and fourth goals is a sackable offence in itself. I trust Ray will have already backed  up his words in the post-match interview on Saturday by informing "Super Aero" that he's played his last game for the club. 

I think the chance of Aaron leaving the club is higher than it was before Saturday but still very unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So what exactly is your point, and how does it follow on from my question re Craigs email?

I have actually had a closer look at the ownership scheme and it sounds better than I had feared. Primarily because the fans paying a tennner a month won't actually be able to control anything because of the presence of the patrons. On that basis, I will be supporting it.

I have actually had a closer look at the ownership scheme and it sounds better than I had feared. Primarily because the fans paying a tennner a month won't actually be able to control anything because of the presence of the patrons. On that basis, I will be supporting it.
I am stunned. Are you telling me that my ten (10) pounds per calendar month doesnt buy me a full say in the day to day running of a professional football club??

I am out.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I am stunned. Are you telling me that my ten (10) pounds per calendar month doesnt buy me a full say in the day to day running of a professional football club??

I am out.

It won't buy you any say because these fans will only own one third of the shares(and voting rights).

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Fae_the_ said:
Hopefully this term of  recruitment is as entertaining as the summer one, although it was not as entertaining as the dawning  of realisation that The Don had made a major cock-up.

Cool story bro. Only got half way thru but will defo finish later x x

No problem,  I'll keep the words shorter next time if it helps. 

Robson is good enough to play wide left, especially given the lack of decent left wingers. 
Muirhead isn't a right back and is a bombscare at centre half. If any of the two are getting emptied for being shite it'll be Muirhead. 
If Robson leaves it'll be because he's been sold or found another club. 
IMO (in my opinion) Saturday showed that guys like Paul Dixon can hopefully improve the squad. Had we been able to go Dixon LB Robson LM there is probably a semblance of a reasonably (or at least more) solid left side of the team there.

Need to be careful of the Andy Robertson theory with Robson though that because he can bomb past people from deep he can automatically be a winger. Its often not the case. That said, those two would work ok and provide decent balance I think.

Ray has banged on about width for long enough though so I would be surprised if Robson LM is the plan.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

It was well over £800k

Well going off the fact you've been shown up as knowing nothing multiple times I'm  likely to rely on my estimate of making £150,000 from the Rangers quarter final that gave the %18 rise in playing bugdet that your chairman told everyone that went straight into the pot. 

At the top end of making £200,000 from that game, which I feel is a stretch, the playing budget works out at £1.1m.

Obviously not an exact science to figuring this stuff out but I'm in the ballpark.

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Well going off the fact you've been shown up as knowing nothing multiple times I'm  likely to rely on my estimate of making £150,000 from the Rangers quarter final that gave the %18 rise in playing bugdet that your chairman told everyone that went straight into the pot. 

At the top end of making £200,000 from that game, which I feel is a stretch, the playing budget works out at £1.1m.

Obviously not an exact science to figuring this stuff out but I'm in the ballpark.

Our turnover last year was just short of £2.8 million. At the AGM they said the playing budget was around 60% of turnover. That would be about £1.5 million.

9 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Our turnover last year was just short of £2.8 million. At the AGM they said the playing budget was around 60% of turnover. That would be about £1.5 million.

Whatever the argument about numbers,  £800k is an average wage of £700pw for 22 first team players. I have my doubts that you pay on average more than Motherwell who have a substantially higher turnover.

A former Falkirk employee is cutting about suggesting McKinnon is getting a budget of 400k all in, for signings, signing on fees, wages and dross removal.
Thoughts?
Is it enough?

Nothing like that amount.

We had under 550k in the bank at the AGM

I think McGhee gets a pretty easy ride to be honest. He's been abysmal this season. Only had the heat taken off him by Harrison and co being worse 
Whilst that is true I feel personally that I know he is a level where we dont need to empty and replace him. He has done some stupid shit for sure but it is hard to defend when there isnt anything protecting you or any protection beside or behind you.

Thats certainly why I give him an easier time although he was fucking rancid on Saturday by any measure

Take out the extra in the lumped into the playing budget and the costs of the management team we are not paying out 800k in players salaries

That part is full of other things. Raw salaries are under 800k