The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

More than happy for your management team to follow a 'can't be worse than Fasan, will do a job as backup' mantra.

I always look at the cant be worse than "insert name" as a challenge accepted so if there is worse then we could probably unearth it i dont care if the lad is backup or not or on peanuts the last thing anyone wants to have a back up thats completely hopeless back up or not

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

And yet again not having the Academy comes back to bite us on the arse.
18 year old from the Academy could have taken the sub keeper slot and a keeper with a bit more experience brought in as and when Mutch picked up a bad injury.

Can still pick up a youth keeper who has been released this summer. That's how we got the cat that is Robbie Mutch.

Edited by FFC 1876

Just now, keithgy said:

One on the same level of goalkeeper has to be Scott Higgins.

Granted the only reason Higgins became a keeper was cause he always got put in goals when he was a kid but he was still more competent than Fasan, Fasan looked as if he had just caught a hot tattie which generally ended up fumbled and in the back of the net

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What about that young guy Fernie or similar that was on the books before the shutdown.

Callum Ferrie was on loan from Dundee, what happened with Callum Erskine I can't see him having signed with anyone? Is he not up to much?

53 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Callum Ferrie was on loan from Dundee, what happened with Callum Erskine I can't see him having signed with anyone? Is he not up to much?

It's the latter I was thinking about ! free agent and went mental when we scored as I remember.

We have to sign somebody to cover for a red card or injury so why not him ? Within budget and motivated to wait his chance.

That does look like Ramsbottom. Oh ya fucker.
I know supporters of teams who players previously played for often exaggerate how bad a player is, but he is genuinely without doubt the worst goal keeper I have ever seen at Morton and pretty much in professional football. It's no exaggeration to say he was directly at fault for at least one goal a game, often 2.  Thankfully Hopkin realised what a clusterfuck of a signing he was and got Danny Rogers on loan to replace Ramsbottom. 
I hope you sign him. 

So what are you trying to say here?

21 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

M&M have built their own team. The fans have high hopes ! How many times have we said that over the last few seasons ?

Mutch- Mercer-Dixon-Durnan-Hall-Morrison-Alston-Miller(g)-Connolly-Dowds-Keene.

That line up will not be far away for most of the games they had better deliver.

I think the biggest point is we have some young lads that have a point to prove we've all been crying out for another Vaulks and the only way we are going to do that is by giving young lads that have been released a platform to prove folk wrong.  I dont think any of the lads we have signed are Dallisons, Lewis and the rest who were at Premiership clubs but couldnt or had no interest in trying to cut it different mindset