The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

What is Gow’s working history over the past 5 years? What qualities/skills does he possess that has him best placed to carry out this role? 

He done at but coaching at Queens Park and after that he was working at a football agency and taking his coaching certificates. Don’t know what level of licence he has mind you.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

So has he bought out Lex?

Return of youth development is the headline here as it'll mean we're back to being a proper club. Interesting to see the form it takes and what the "extensive network of contacts is like"

No mention of him buying out Lex, that p***k will still be clinging on like a limpet. 

Hopefully it works out but it’s quite a big remit for a guy who doesn’t appear to have done a similar role at any level before.

I liked Gow as a player and genuinely hope he does a good job but I’ll hold off on the “great appointment” chat which is based on, well, nothing.

I’m not overly convinced by this and people on Facebook calling him a club legend (pish - he had a season and a bit with us and is a mad *** ) are looking through navy tinted specs. I hope it works out but we will see. 

Hopefully it works out but it’s quite a big remit for a guy who doesn’t appear to have done a similar role at any level before.
I liked Gow as a player and genuinely hope he does a good job but I’ll hold off on the “great appointment” chat which is based on, well, nothing.
This. Theres positives to it (possibility of removing the Village Idiot and someone who has a clue about football on the board) but Alan Gow is by no means a Falkirk man, or a Falkirk legend, or a proven entity in the role.

I am not convinced this is to be taken at face value but cautious optimism is warranted IMO.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I wonder if this could see the return of his bid to take over the club or am i just wishful thinking, its a start though

With more questions than answers. Foreign businessmen interested in Falkirk? I smell a rat. Hopefully after the Mark Campbell debacle there has been proper due diligence carried out on Gow and his intentions and they haven't based it on watching a couple of old videos of him kissing the badge.  We have a right to be sceptical. 

Cautiously welcome etc etc etc.

Love the bit where he says he had a great relationship with the fans. My abiding memory is of him regularly getting pelters from the main stand and after scoring against Dundee United, doing the old ear cupping thing (quite rightly). Just like Steven Thomson who was another very good player for us. Christ if only we knew then...

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Cautiously welcome etc etc etc.

Love the bit where he says he had a great relationship with the fans. My abiding memory is of him regularly getting pelters from the main stand and after scoring against Dundee United, doing the old ear cupping thing (quite rightly). Just like Steven Thomson who was another very good player for us. Christ if only we knew then...

It was at East End he cupped the ear 

13 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

With more questions than answers. Foreign businessmen interested in Falkirk? I smell a rat. Hopefully after the Mark Campbell debacle there has been proper due diligence carried out on Gow and his intentions and they haven't based it on watching a couple of old videos of him kissing the badge.  We have a right to be sceptical. 

Anyone with half a brain knows the main aim anyone wants the club its for the potential and not the clubs the potential the land that it sits on one of the most popular tourist visits, we are sat 15-20 mins away from Edinburgh airport and that Falkirk doesn't have  enough top quality hotels.  With this current pandemic it could be seen a chance to take over the club and the upper hand in any negotiations with the council thing is the mono-blocking and the charging points weren't done with council money but Scottish govt grants but Falkirk Council will claim the glory for it despite the fact the highlands and islands have more EV charging points than Falkirk district.

37 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The most positive thing that I take from this is the pledge to restore our youth set up.
This will not happen quickly however, the morons who binned the Academy should be banned from ever setting foot in the Stadium again.

The Academy would be a long term investment with no payday for 8-10 years.

If there is no business plan for that length of time and I think they don't have one. This is nothing more than another MC type chancer charade !

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe, but he gave it the big "up ye" at TFS after scoring in a 2-0 win on the last day of the season v DUFC.

In fairness to the lad the main stand has always or has to me at least been moany as f**k (prefer being in the south stand) but he had a lot of skill and him and Stokes just complimented each other.  He had bags of potential just or in my opinion thought he was lightweight as f**k as a striker.  He's still a sand dancer though